Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

this canton end swap thing?

Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:10 am

a few of us tonight were talking about this canton end forum swap ,One of the things which was mentioned was the club were going to call the canton end the KOP ,please can some one tell me this is not true? :cry:

Re: this canton end swap thing?

Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:06 am

i f*cking hope not, last thing we want to be linked with are those scumbags :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:16 pm

wez 1927 wrote:a few of us tonight were talking about this canton end forum swap ,One of the things which was mentioned was the club were going to call the canton end the KOP ,please can some one tell me this is not true? :cry:

Original eh?......feckin eeejits!

Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:17 pm

A Kop is just a steep stand behind the goal, not only Liverpool have one Sheffield Wednesday call one of their stands the Kop too

Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:31 pm

botw2 wrote:A Kop is just a steep stand behind the goal, not only Liverpool have one Sheffield Wednesday call one of their stands the Kop too

and Leeds

Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:35 pm

CCFC- Bramhill wrote:
botw2 wrote:A Kop is just a steep stand behind the goal, not only Liverpool have one Sheffield Wednesday call one of their stands the Kop too

and Leeds

notts county too

Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:32 pm

Wez i heard they were calling it the Co op stand :lol:

Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:35 pm

isnt wrexhams stand called the spion kop?

Spion Kop

Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:40 pm

Spion Kop (or Kop for short) is a colloquial name or term for a number of terraces and stands at sports stadia, particularly in the United Kingdom; so named due to their steep nature, resembling a hill near Ladysmith, South Africa that was the scene of the Battle of Spion Kop in January 1900 during the Second Boer War.[1]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spion_Kop_(stadia)

Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:00 pm

well personally they can call it what they want i dont care because i will not be sitting in there i will be staying in the ninian stand where if i stand or sit the people around me have no problem the only problem is the f*cking stupid stewards who i can see will end up having a good slaping soon if they dont start to behave themselves the thing about this is someone is trying to get you to go to the canton stand if someone told you to put your hand in the fire would you do it no of course not so stay where you are if you are happy with your seat and make a lot of noise.we are second in the table and we are not selling out do you think the club would be able to eject all the people who stand in 116 if they did they would lose a lot of suporter and then we would have even less at home games

Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:12 pm

therealjimmyscoular wrote:well personally they can call it what they want i dont care because i will not be sitting in there i will be staying in the ninian stand where if i stand or sit the people around me have no problem the only problem is the f*cking stupid stewards who i can see will end up having a good slaping soon if they dont start to behave themselves the thing about this is someone is trying to get you to go to the canton stand if someone told you to put your hand in the fire would you do it no of course not so stay where you are if you are happy with your seat and make a lot of noise.we are second in the table and we are not selling out do you think the club would be able to eject all the people who stand in 116 if they did they would lose a lot of suporter and then we would have even less at home games

me and my dad are moving but not too the canton further back in the ninian. for a few reasons. A. people are more likely to hear me starting off chants if im further back. B we get wet when it rains. C. dai hunt is getting closer to us

Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:22 pm

lmfao but nice to hear you are staying in the ninian stand the more people who stay the more noise we can make

Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:28 pm

therealjimmyscoular wrote:well personally they can call it what they want i dont care because i will not be sitting in there i will be staying in the ninian stand where if i stand or sit the people around me have no problem the only problem is the f*cking stupid stewards who i can see will end up having a good slaping soon if they dont start to behave themselves the thing about this is someone is trying to get you to go to the canton stand if someone told you to put your hand in the fire would you do it no of course not so stay where you are if you are happy with your seat and make a lot of noise.we are second in the table and we are not selling out do you think the club would be able to eject all the people who stand in 116 if they did they would lose a lot of suporter and then we would have even less at home games

Well said. Where I sit now though, I won't get an ounce of solidarity. I want to go up higher and towards others that sing.

Failing that, I will get a seat up the back of the grandstand.

Or become a steward (the worst thugs of them all)

Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:33 pm

there are seat in 116 hope to see you there next season

Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:44 pm

Just rang the ticket office, and they claim there are none in 116 or 105 :s

Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:11 pm

same old f*cking lies when will they tell the truth down there

Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:55 pm

Do you really believe the club will allow the stewards to have a slap, the stewards will ask you twice to sit down, if you don't or even give them some grief there'll be no scene. You'll turn up to the next match, put your card in the slot and it will be blocked. You will be turned away and told to take it up with the ticket office.

When you go to the ticket office you will be told there as been a block put on your ticket and to contact the Stadium manager for an interview. Depending on how naughty you been and how good a mood he's in, you may get another chance in the Ninian with an ASBO, or be told you have to transfer to the Canton, or in extreme. cases that you are banned from the stadium.

In fact the stewards don't even have to talk to you, you can be picked up on CCTV, face given a name off the data base and job done.

I have been saying this day as been coming before we even left Ninian Park, you can put your head in the sand and say they wont get away with it and there'll be riots, but I can tell you the outcome now.
And if hopefully we get into the Premiership, for every one fan banned there will be 5 waiting to buy his seat. Welxcome to the big time and football 2011 onward.

The best we can hope for is that the restrictions remain relaxed in the canton, and at least there will be one area where people that wont to stand can stand and be left unhindered. :old:

Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:13 pm

if it is safe to stand in the canton stand why not anywhere else i did not see many arsenal fans sitting last night on the tv are they different to us you dont see them all sitting at stoke are they different to us??

Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:16 pm

therealjimmyscoular wrote:if it is safe to stand in the canton stand why not anywhere else i did not see many arsenal fans sitting last night on the tv are they different to us you dont see them all sitting at stoke are they different to us??

they just want some known problem surporters away from the away fans so they can keep an eye on everyone with cctv,116 is by far the best place inthe stadium ,the canton is no louder and the view is awesome :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:21 pm

therealjimmyscoular wrote:same old f*cking lies when will they tell the truth down there

I think it is bullshit, they claimed certain seats were renewed already when I know theyre not.

Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:11 am

I appreciate the idea is in its early stages and we MAY just be using that name for now, but we are not Liverpool, we are Cardiff....we are South Wales.

Cardiffian's Canton, Casa Canton, Canton C**ts end....i don't care! As long as its something that unites the city and the valleys together with a stirring name.

Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:04 am

If everyone does move over to the Canton I really hope that the old way of doing the 'Ayatollah' is revived. During the early/mid 1990's if we had a decent sized crowd the Bob Bank used to look amazing when everyone did the standing up, sitting down as well as patting the head.

On the name how about the ‘Canton Mosque’ :lol: it is a natural for those 'doing the Ayatollah'

Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:11 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:If everyone does move over to the Canton I really hope that the old way of doing the 'Ayatollah' is revived. During the early/mid 1990's if we had a decent sized crowd the Bob Bank used to look amazing when everyone did the standing up, sitting down as well as patting the head.

On the name how about the ‘Canton Mosque’ :lol: it is a natural for those 'doing the Ayatollah'

Totally agree.We must not forget that the Ayatollah is unuque to us and gives us our own identity and we never do it enough in my opinion.If we don't have the Ayaotollah then we are just another team that sings similar songs to the rest of them.