Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" For you lot that clapped thompson on "

Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:13 am

he does not play for cardiff city. so for gods sake stop it, if you want clap him on the warm up, clap him if we they lose dont bloody encourage him when he comes on as a sub, wise up you damn fools!!!!!!!

Re: for you lot that clapped thompson on

Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:16 am

I clapped him, felt he was a great player in terms of effort for us. Should have started against Portsmouth, should have stayed with us in 08/09 (in stead we got Eddie probably on higher wages).

Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:19 am

gillsam wrote:he does not play for cardiff city. so for gods sake stop it, if you want clap him on the warm up, clap him if we they lose dont bloody encourage him when he comes on as a sub, wise up you damn fools!!!!!!!

Lets hope that Earnie starts and does not come on as sub on Saturday then ;)

Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:23 am

so hes still a city palyer and needs encorouragment right he plays for BURNLEY now not city,

Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:28 am

So when the Norwich fans cheered Bellamy earlier this season that was bad?

It's just a bit off appreciation, bears nothing on anything and lets Thommo know he's held in some sort of regard.

Same would happen too: Eddie (probably a bit pantomime), Earnie. Ramsey, Gerrard, Rossco etc.

Re: for you lot that clapped Thompson on

Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:29 am

I clapped him on he is a city legend http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80rT1Lk8 ... re=related
Dont care if i get criticized for clapping him as he showed real passion for CCFC :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:47 am

gillsam wrote:he does not play for cardiff city. so for gods sake stop it, if you want clap him on the warm up, clap him if we they lose dont bloody encourage him when he comes on as a sub, wise up you damn fools!!!!!!!

agree,

Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:52 am

I clapped him, as I appreciated the effort (if not the goals) he put in for us when he was here....

Didn't expect him to score, mind....but just about typical that he did!! About as bad as Ronnie Moore returning and scoring after HIS exploits in the famous blue shirt!!

I'll always give returning players (Gunter apart) a round of applause IF they did well for us in their time....but it doesn't mean I have to like it if they then have a fecking blinder!!

Apart from that, I couldn't give a toss whether you like it or not....I'll clap if I want!!

:ayatollah: :roll: :ayatollah: :roll: :ayatollah: :roll: :ayatollah: :roll: :ayatollah: :roll:
:roll: :ayatollah: :roll: :ayatollah: :roll: :ayatollah: :roll: :ayatollah: :roll: :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:32 am

Ssshhhh. Fool.

Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:39 am

and if he hadnt been an idiot with that stupid episode on holidays he would have played for us a bit longer, and for your info i clapped him warmly as he warmed up BEFORE the match kicked off :x

Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:13 am

Would you be saying that if he hadn't scored?

Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:03 am

Are you serious?

lets face it he played a massive part keeping the team spirit together that took us to a cup final!

a legend off the pitch for this club, even if he wasnt the greatest on it! :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:27 am

The biggest pile of rubbish ive seen this year!!!!

He has put on the cardiff shirt, he never slagged off the club and did the ayatollah :ayatollah:

and fairplay to thompson he didnt celebrate when he scored

once a bluebird, always a bluebird!!!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:10 am

Just futher proof of the new sanatized CCFC no atmosphere,fans clapping opponents,very sad.

Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:14 am

RFMH wrote:I clapped him, felt he was a great player in terms of effort for us. Should have started against Portsmouth, should have stayed with us in 08/09 (in stead we got Eddie probably on higher wages).

I beleive that had Thommo stayed with us, we would have got into the play off's that season.

Re: for you lot that clapped Thompson on

Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:39 am

Nuclearblue wrote:I clapped him on he is a city legend http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80rT1Lk8 ... re=related
Dont care if i get criticized for clapping him as he showed real passion for CCFC :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Spot On :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:42 am

I remember Earnie getting a round of applause for scoring a goal against us for Norwich, turned out to be the winning goal as well. Earnie didn't do his usual celebration he was just doing his job same as Thomo last night.

Earnie got a standing ovation at the end as well brilliant to see if you ask me. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:18 pm

We all clapped Bellers-Blake-JK- When they came on,but we could not improve on our performance. :(

The clapping for Tommo was not the reason for the goal...It was the defending at the corner ! :roll:

Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:25 pm

I clapped Thommo when he took to the field as did thousands of others. But Gill, I'm a man and a football fan. You wouldn't understand!

Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:27 pm

i chant and clap for the match, and ive been a season ticket holder since 1976 but appluading an opposition player on the pitch imo, of which i am allowed (not in north korea are we) is poor, specially as the same people probably boo our own players during the warm up and all through the match.

Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:41 pm

Gill your talking rubbish. And as for your generalisation about who boos during a match edorses the fact you are talking hysterical nonsense.

Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:44 pm

since 64 wrote:Just futher proof of the new sanatized CCFC no atmosphere,fans clapping opponents,very sad.

What are you talking about?

We have always applauded returning great players.

Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:54 pm

applaud them afer/before the match sure. couldnt believe the reception he got when he came on

Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:57 pm

gillsam wrote:i chant and clap for the match, and ive been a season ticket holder since 1976 but appluading an opposition player on the pitch imo, of which i am allowed (not in north korea are we) is poor, specially as the same people probably boo our own players during the warm up and all through the match.

You'll be giving those who applauded his appearance on the pitch, an assist for his goal next! :roll:

Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:43 pm

What am i on about? i'll tell you.I've been waiting nearly 50 years to see this b*stard club of mine in the top division and any team or indeed player[even if he did play here]who does all he can to deprive me of that can go feck himself,when the game starts and for the ninety minutes after i hate em,he ruined my night and i refuse to thank him for it.

Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:51 pm

So if we hadn't clapped Tommo as he came on the pitch he wouldn't have scored?

Wish it was that simple :roll:

Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:49 pm

i would normally say there is nothing wrong in clapping a former player, but only when he leaves the field of play, clapping him when he comes on as a sub is pathetic, especially with the useless effort we are giving to support our own team this season.

pathetic, sums up ,our supporters these days all sense of normality has gone,we are 2nd in league going into end of feb, yet they still moan, can it please stop from her on in, and spend 90 mins plus for every remaining home game supporting OUR team ,and roar them on to the Prem...but that might be too much to ask for some,

Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:10 pm

Sam, I clapped him when he came on out of Respect.

He played for us and always gave 100% on the pitch, Honest player with a Heart and Loyalty.
Spoke up and got kicked out, never wanted to leave.

Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:13 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:

Lets hope that Earnie starts and does not come on as sub on Saturday then ;)

Tony :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I will clap him as well, then once the ball is being kicked back to SUPPORTING THE BLUEBIRDS :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:15 pm

gillsam wrote:and if he hadnt been an idiot with that stupid episode on holidays he would have played for us a bit longer, and for your info i clapped him warmly as he warmed up BEFORE the match kicked off :x

You do realise a deal to sell Thommo was cancelled DUE to being injured whilst on holiday, right?

People clapped Thommo because they appreciated his efforts, and appears to be a decent bloke.

If you want to get on a self righteous strop, write to your MP or something...