Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: for you lot that clapped thompson on

Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:15 pm

since 64 wrote:What am i on about? i'll tell you.I've been waiting nearly 50 years to see this b*stard club of mine in the top division and any team or indeed player[even if he did play here]who does all he can to deprive me of that can go feck himself,when the game starts and for the ninety minutes after i hate em,he ruined my night and i refuse to thank him for it.

So you hate him for doing his job and being proffesional? :roll:

Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:17 pm

nerd wrote:
gillsam wrote:and if he hadnt been an idiot with that stupid episode on holidays he would have played for us a bit longer, and for your info i clapped him warmly as he warmed up BEFORE the match kicked off :x

You do realise a deal to sell Thommo was cancelled DUE to being injured whilst on holiday, right?

People clapped Thommo because they appreciated his efforts, and appears to be a decent bloke.

If you want to get on a self righteous strop, write to your MP or something...

Spot on Nerd :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: " For you lot that clapped thompson on "

Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:17 pm

annis no 1 my name is not sam, its gill and isnt this a message board for peoples opninions , so ive voiced mine

Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:19 pm

gillsam wrote:he does not play for cardiff city. so for gods sake stop it, if you want clap him on the warm up, clap him if we they lose dont bloody encourage him when he comes on as a sub, wise up you damn fools!!!!!!!

Agreed and they got him to do the :ayatollah: and scored, I never clap ex players, if anything I give them abuse........

Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:29 pm

gillsam wrote:annis no 1 my name is not sam, its gill and isnt this a message board for peoples opninions , so ive voiced mine

Indeed, and castigated others for not sharing your view.

To paraphrase Keys and Gray, the painters and decorators are in, surely?

Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:31 pm

gillsam wrote:annis no 1 my name is not sam, its gill and isnt this a message board for peoples opninions , so ive voiced mine

Yes Gill(oops I forgot) and Ive answered back with mine :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:47 pm

I gave him a wee clap because he was loyal, hard working and committed when he was with us. Nothing wrong with clapping him. If anything, its the new plastic fans that didnt clap him - because they probably didn't know he was an ex player.

Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:04 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
gillsam wrote:he does not play for cardiff city. so for gods sake stop it, if you want clap him on the warm up, clap him if we they lose dont bloody encourage him when he comes on as a sub, wise up you damn fools!!!!!!!

Sam, I clapped him when he came on out of Respect.

He played for us and always gave 100% on the pitch, Honest player with a Heart and Loyalty.
Spoke up and got kicked out, never wanted to leave.

That goal last night was for DJ. He did alright with us, sure wasn't the best but was more than adaquate for us to keep him. Anyone remember his bizarre injuries involving fruits? Slicing his finger while cutting a apple, falling off a banana boat :lol:

Legend off the field mind, the guy is a nut case.

Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:07 pm

chris_ccfc wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Sam, I clapped him when he came on out of Respect.

He played for us and always gave 100% on the pitch, Honest player with a Heart and Loyalty.
Spoke up and got kicked out, never wanted to leave.

That goal last night was for DJ. He did alright with us, sure wasn't the best but was more than adaquate for us to keep him. Anyone remember his bizarre injuries involving fruits? Slicing his finger while cutting a apple, falling off a banana boat :lol:

Legend off the field mind, the guy is a nut case.

:lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:27 pm

Thommo was one of the hardest working players for the club both on and off the field in the 00's. Not just turning up for mandatory club christmas parties and functions, but also giving his spare time to attend kids parties at NP when he was injured or suspended during matches etc. His antics in the changing room brought the squad together and IMO thats one of the reasons we got to the final in 2007/2008 because of the unity of the squad. On the pitch people always critised him for not scoring enough, but Chopra will be the first to tell you that 75% of his goals in that amzing year he scored 20 odd (I can't remeber the exactfigures) was all down to the hard work of Thommo working the channels and holding the ball up. The guy lived and breathed City when he was down here didn't want to leave, and for that reason, I showed him respect when he came on as to me he is a legend and one of the reason we are where we are despite Dave Jones (not gonna go on an anti-DJ rant, lol).

Yeah I was gutted when he scored, and I wasn't in a pleasent mood last night because of it, but do I feel bad for clapping him, HELL NO, to suggest that a player as professional and hard working as he is wouldn't have been up for it before we clapped him is mind numbingly stupid. Put it this way, after the way DJ treated him for a lot of the time he was here, he wouldn't have needed anymore inspiration to stick two fingers up at DJ.

Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:39 pm

welshie wrote:Thommo was one of the hardest working players for the club both on and off the field in the 00's. Not just turning up for mandatory club christmas parties and functions, but also giving his spare time to attend kids parties at NP when he was injured or suspended during matches etc. His antics in the changing room brought the squad together and IMO thats one of the reasons we got to the final in 2007/2008 because of the unity of the squad. On the pitch people always critised him for not scoring enough, but Chopra will be the first to tell you that 75% of his goals in that amzing year he scored 20 odd (I can't remeber the exactfigures) was all down to the hard work of Thommo working the channels and holding the ball up. The guy lived and breathed City when he was down here didn't want to leave, and for that reason, I showed him respect when he came on as to me he is a legend and one of the reason we are where we are despite Dave Jones (not gonna go on an anti-DJ rant, lol).

Yeah I was gutted when he scored, and I wasn't in a pleasent mood last night because of it, but do I feel bad for clapping him, HELL NO, to suggest that a player as professional and hard working as he is wouldn't have been up for it before we clapped him is mind numbingly stupid. Put it this way, after the way DJ treated him for a lot of the time he was here, he wouldn't have needed anymore inspiration to stick two fingers up at DJ.

TOP POST :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

THE MORE I THINK ABOUT IT THE MORE I FEEL Gills COMMENTS ARE WELL OUT OF ORDER, CITY FANS HAVE BEEN CLAPPING EX CITY PLAYERS WHO WERE RESPECTED FOR 40 YEARS and LONG MAY IT CONTINUE.

Gill and yes everyone is entitled to have their opinion, just because I dont agree with yours.

Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:41 pm

I am ashamed I went against my priniples and yes I am a hypocryt.
I did give thomson a little clap.
But I think it was for just one reason as how dignified the guy conducted himself when it was plainly obvious that dj didn't want him
But I WILL be back to my horrible best and slag of that goofy tw*t earnshaw and his rent boy mate gunter Saturday

Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:50 pm

Steve Thompson was a cracking servant to the club and I was gutted when he left. He wasn't the best scorer but like Chopra he offered so much more when he wasn't scoring. Ok, so if he hadn't left we might not have got Jay but that's all a load of what ifs. I was too ill to attend last night but I would have clapped Thompson. That's the culture of football. We didn't cheer him on to score. Our obscene defending from a corner did that hard work!

Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:51 pm

Gillsam what a fool!!! :ayatollah: :P :ayatollah: :P :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:57 pm

From Facebook

Neil Copner Always a clap for returning players that's what makes us better than others .
36 minutes ago · Like

Gary Pinkard
Annis. You'll probably find the turds who slated u didnt even know who tommo was or why he did the ayatollah.
29 minutes ago · Unlike · 1 person

Ash Wilson Cheers guys, i know have a full understanding lol.
28 minutes ago · Like

Lee Parsons Tommo was a very good player for us, he made both Cameron Jerome and Michael Chopra, who both scored 20+ goals in a season playing up front with him ! Both were sold for a total of £9m, so he did a lot of good for the club !
16 minutes ago · Like

Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:08 pm

gill sam i think you are getting slated unfairly..
i agree that clapping him as he came on as sub is pathetic, show your appreciation before and after game, not when he is coming on,
thommo was an alright player,nothing more than that for us, a nice bloke off the pitch,and a character..

however just because he fell out with DJ, is a plus for the anti DJ supportes at this club..

i will be at forest and will boo Gunter all match, and Earnie, but after the game will clap them both as they trudge off the pitch, heads down as the BLUEBIRDS of today have taken the 3pts

Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:23 pm

He was a great City player, I clapped him on for saying thank you for the memories and wonderful goals of his. I met him twice in Christmas parties, and he was a great guy. It was a shame to see him go, but he had his time and, by god, was it a great time.

It reminds me of the McCormack scenario.

Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:31 pm

Did any notice he did the :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Never celebrated the goal, not even a smile.

He liked City Fans Big Time :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:45 pm

he did like the city fans, mainly as we all like a drink like him, but he did celebrate the goal, was in grandstand and he was smiling...he has no loyalty to us now, and so he shouldnt

Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:46 pm

langley wrote:he did like the city fans, mainly as we all like a drink like him, but he did celebrate the goal, was in grandstand and he was smiling...he has no loyalty to us now, and so he shouldnt

Even the papers show that he has No smile on his face and make that comment.

Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:48 pm

thomo is a City legend and I will keep clapping city legends for as long as they keep playing against us. We all know thomo was a player who would wear his heart on his sleeve every time he put on the blue shirt. Something we probably lack right now is squad harmony, and that's what Stevie done. Everyone cheered for Eddie, why? Thomo was a better all round player, yet I bet most people will remember eddie before they think of thomo.

Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:56 pm

so the papers showed thommos face from the time he ran away after he scored the goal ?
well if he wasnt smiling cos he scored, he must of had wind.

Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:59 pm

langley wrote:so the papers showed thommos face from the time he ran away after he scored the goal ?
well if he wasnt smiling cos he scored, he must of had wind.

And you watched his every moment with Binoculars ?

AS FAR AS I AM CONCERNED I WILL CLAP HIM AS MUCH AS I WANT, Dont need people like you or Gill telling me its wrong :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:01 pm

Grow up and get a life. What's wrong with clapping an ex player when he comes on especially one that was part of our Cup Final squad. Your attitude sums up exactly why we will always beca small club. Trying telling your attitude to Man Utd or Liverpool fans etc. Ex players are never forgotten

Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:02 pm

I don't see what the issue is, it's only common manners and decency to clap for someone who gave their all to OUR club during their time. Are players supposed to retire when they leave City?

Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:19 pm

didnt need binoculars, i saw a smile on his face, which as i said i would expect, not having a go at you or anyone for clapping him, i just think there is a time and place, i.e before or after game, or when he is being subbed, that is my opinion.