Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " JAY/WHITTINGHAM/KOUMAS ALL NOT UP TO SCRATCH "

Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:54 pm

I agree about Jay, hasnt looked at his best for quite a while but personally I would still start him every game, moments of quality he give is just to important, a great ball for Chops goal.

Thought Witts had a good first half last night, worked really hard covering the full back but looked knackered in the second half, I have no idea why he didnt go off instead of Burke, a mistake by DJ

Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:10 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I agree about Jay, hasnt looked at his best for quite a while but personally I would still start him every game, moments of quality he give is just to important, a great ball for Chops goal.

Thought Witts had a good first half last night, worked really hard covering the full back but looked knackered in the second half, I have no idea why he didnt go off instead of Burke, a mistake by DJ

WHAT :shock: i think you mis printed mate ;)

Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:32 pm

:lol: :lol: I thought he got them wrong saturday as well but i was proved wrong :lol:

Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:26 pm

From Facebook

Simon Israel, Peter Nescafe Thompson, Illtyd Makaveli Caddick and 5 others like this.
Neil Copner And Dave Jones , why the f**k did he take Burke off .
7 hours ago · Like

Julian George Kelley burke was taken off he was tired keep the faith lads
6 hours ago · Like

Peter Nescafe Thompson agread none can tackle or win anything in the air, 3 lazy overated players, especially Bothroyd what a pansey, get the 'Beast' on Parkin against the scabs forest saturday...
6 hours ago · Like

Paul Gaskell Annis, listened to match on Radio lancs and it sounded like a good performance from my claret lads esp 2nd half. Can I have a few honest views from you Bluebirds please. UTC
6 hours ago · Like

Peter Nescafe Thompson I watched it from 10 yards away City could have been 3 nil up? second half Burnley deserved a draw (Eagles always a threat) could have stole the show!!
6 hours ago · Like · 1 person

Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:27 pm

From Facebook

Paul Gaskell Cheers mate, sounded like that on Radio Lancs. You paggered us 1st half and we had most of 2nd. Hope you bang the scabs this week.

6 hours ago · Like · 2 people
Gary Pinkard Thank f**k someone has finally spoken up about bothroyd.
5 hours ago · Unlike · 2 people

Chris John Koumas has been a huge disappointment this time round. Had so much hope for him too
4 hours ago · Unlike · 2 people

Anthony Chiplin Koumas been crap since he been back not the player he once was i not a lover of bothroyd to b honest since he had his england cap hes been shit
3 hours ago · Like · 1 person

Anthony Chiplin Witts been poor this yeAr to would rather seen some money spent on better quality
3 hours ago · Like

Aston Martyn Williams Gutted that we dropped 2 points last last. The presure is on us now big time. 1st half we played really well. Dont know what DJ said at half time,but it had a negative effect on the players. We were shit 2nd half. As for " JAY/WHITTINGHAM/KOUMAS " JUST NOT UP TO SCRATCH " they are CCFC players and we got to support and back them till the season is over. Win,Lose or Draw. Premiership,Championship,Div 1 or 2 whatever league we play in,I will be there. Bluebird till I die.
2 hours ago · Like

Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:31 pm

From Facebook

Anthony Chiplin I bet start season us and qpr top 2 if we win sat and get four points out of leiester and hull i think we get second but dj needs to get the players heads rite for the run in or we in 4 a shock i fear
2 hours ago · Like

Gary Pinkard I totally agree we should support the lads thru thick and thin but if we play against forest like we did 2nd half last night, i dont think i'll be driving back smiling. Sayin that i think i'll take my anger out on gunter!
2 hours ago · Like · 1 person

Anthony Chiplin Lol i go wen i can ive supported the boys since 1990 and it will never change we need a positive result sat i will take a draw a win better tho
2 hours ago · Like

Aston Martyn Williams I dont think a draw is good enough. With the teams around us all winning we could find ourselves dropping down the table. We got to get all 3 points.
2 hours ago · Like

Anthony Chiplin I suppose i would take a draw only if we do leicestet and hull
2 hours ago · Like

Rhys Vaughan
Annis, regarding the atmosphere and shit support that we have gained as a result of our growing reputation as a club, i travelled down from cheltenham yestarday, as i do every midweek match... paid more on the door than normal... not an issue... but when i want to stand in the canton stand and sing, with all the others trying to create an atmosphere... why do all the arseholes who want to sit down and be boring bastards piss off to one of the other stands... it ended up men and my mate almost coming to blows with "supporters" due to our standing...

on a better note however, the stewards were more than happy for us to move from block 107 to 105 directly behind the goal, where there were empty seats nearer the front! THIS PROBLEM NEEDS SORTING! OTHERWISE WE'LL BECOME MORE A LAUGHING STOCK!
12 minutes ago · Unlike · 1 person

Rhys Vaughan me and my mate***
12 minutes ago · Like

Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:32 pm

BUT I HAVE TO SAY

HUDSON HAS IN THE LAST FEW GAMES BEEN OUTSTANDING :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:14 pm

top cat that to tactical for dave jones to work out everyone knows dave jones prefered starting line up if fit would include naylor and whits every time

Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:24 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:I posted this yesterday about John Parkins 1st start this season for PNE...He scored against....Burnley.
What i would like to add is...His next game was against Nottm Forest and...He scored against them ;)
Ok PNE LOST Both of thosed games but those defences could not stop him from scoring.

Chops and Quinn both came off with what looked like knocks/injuries,So as we know he would go with a like for like replacement. (4-4-2 ).

Blake i can understand but why Risk getting our/1 of Main player injured when 1-0 up and before our "big game" v Forest. :o
When we have someone in Parkin who has caused problems this season to Burnley and can hold the ball up ;)

Tony,I could not understand why Parkin was not brought on last night in the second half.

Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:39 pm

We are not short of alternatives when it comes to selection. The question is whether DJ will start with them.

Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:21 pm

Forever Blue wrote:BUT I HAVE TO SAY

HUDSON HAS IN THE LAST FEW GAMES BEEN OUTSTANDING :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

totally agree with you huds has been imense :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:22 pm

Forever Blue wrote:" JAY/WHITTINGHAM/KOUMAS ALL NOT UP TO SCRATCH "

My Opinion
Jay in the last 3 games including The Jacks game has not been performing, since No one came in for him he has had a loss of form and personally I feel he has contributed very little. Parkin should of come on just after half time.

Whittingham, Just not the same this Season and The jacks game, The worst player on the pitch, last night, he huffed and puffed and I feel is No where near his True form.

Koumas, I know a lot Raved about him v Struggling Scunthorpe, Personally I feel he is finished and its a Shame, as Koumas was one of my Favourite players.

If only We had a Reserve team for our Players, think how does Players like Parkin etc keep match fit ?

2 pts Dropped, But undefeated, Pressure on us to Now Win at Forest.

WHY CANT WE FINISH TEAMS OFF WITH THE BEST FIRE POWER IN THIS DIVISION ?

DIABOLICAL THE ATMOSPHERE LAST NIGHT, OUR 3,000 GOING TO FOREST WILL MAKE 10 TIMES THAT PATHETIC NOISE.

FOREST HERE WE COME, 3,000 CARDIFF FANS SPURRING THEM ON TO VICTORY :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

BUT I HAVE TO SAY

ONWARDS and UPWARDS :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Agree with you there.
Bothroyd looked a bit 'lazy' last night, and I know he's a, lets say, 'leisurely' player, but my god he just looks like he can't be arsed since he's been back after Xmas. Don't know if the fact he didn't have many bids/any worth considering in the transfer window is affecting him but he just looks like hes not into it at all.
Whittingham is really grating on me because for a while now he has looked not at all bothered, not into it. And last night he looked KNACKERED, and he didn't really do a lot to be knackered about. Lost the ball far too much for my liking, ineffective passes (ie, loving passing to the opposition) and just generally not driven.
Can't say a lot about Koumas other than I didn't feel he made an impact on the game (he wasn't on long though).
Thought we seemed really looking for it last night in the first half and then lost the drive in the second half, got a bit complacent maybe?
Gotta say though, Rambo was looking like he was gonna score last night, was shocked he didn't.

And as for the atmosphere .... well you know what I think on that one and I think it's best we don't get me started! :lol: :lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:13 pm

Forever Blue wrote:" JAY/WHITTINGHAM/KOUMAS ALL NOT UP TO SCRATCH "

My Opinion
Jay in the last 3 games including The Jacks game has not been performing, since No one came in for him he has had a loss of form and personally I feel he has contributed very little. Parkin should of come on just after half time.

Whittingham, Just not the same this Season and The jacks game, The worst player on the pitch, last night, he huffed and puffed and I feel is No where near his True form.

Koumas, I know a lot Raved about him v Struggling Scunthorpe, Personally I feel he is finished and its a Shame, as Koumas was one of my Favourite players.

If only We had a Reserve team for our Players, think how does Players like Parkin etc keep match fit ?

2 pts Dropped, But undefeated, Pressure on us to Now Win at Forest.

WHY CANT WE FINISH TEAMS OFF WITH THE BEST FIRE POWER IN THIS DIVISION ?

DIABOLICAL THE ATMOSPHERE LAST NIGHT, OUR 3,000 GOING TO FOREST WILL MAKE 10 TIMES THAT PATHETIC NOISE.

FOREST HERE WE COME, 3,000 CARDIFF FANS SPURRING THEM ON TO VICTORY :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

BUT I HAVE TO SAY

ONWARDS and UPWARDS :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

koumas has been out for ages and when he came back and mis judged his fitness hes looked a lot sharper in the times hes been on in the last 2 games then he has at all this season