Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Last nights substitutions were a joke

Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:54 am

really bad management decisions DJ cant seem to think what to do, and we wasnt even chasing the game, HAS DJ got a backup plan he can fall back on, defending a 1-0 lead is just not plausable IN MY OPINION :D

Re: Last nights substitutions were a joke

Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:57 am

bluebirdbaz wrote:really bad management decisions DJ cant seem to think what to do, and we wasnt even chasing the game, HAS DJ got a backup plan he can fall back on, defending a 1-0 lead is just not plausable IN MY OPINION :D

DJ has not got plan B when were loosing and when were winning has not got plan B.

Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:01 am

i thought Bothroyd was really poor last night, and should have come off, but what am i to say about it 400 notes a year for a season ticket so i just got to stand there and agree with it

Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:21 am

Why did he take Quinn off!? didnt look injured.. and thought he had a decent game!

Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:23 am

bluebirdbaz wrote:really bad management decisions DJ cant seem to think what to do, and we wasnt even chasing the game, HAS DJ got a backup plan he can fall back on, defending a 1-0 lead is just not plausable IN MY OPINION :D

it is if there's only 5 MINS to defend it as per the previous 2 games :lol:

Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:33 am

So did you not see Chopra get poleaxed and then limp around for 10 mins.

Quinn was also gingerly jogging around

Burke, much as I love the guy, was giving the ball away and his crossing was very poor. That was the only tactical change

Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:57 am

bluebirdbaz wrote:i thought Bothroyd was really poor last night, and should have come off, but what am i to say about it 400 notes a year for a season ticket so i just got to stand there and agree with it

I hope the problem with Bothroyd hasn't anything to do with him running his contract down.

There is a perception that some players think it’s not worth giving their all as they might get injured only months before picking up a lucrative bosman move elsewhere.

If that is Bothroyd's problem then the Beast has to come in.

Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:12 am

If. Chops and Quinn was injured fair enough but removing Burke and playing Whitts in his position was a joke. At least Burke ran at the defence Whitts wasn't slow last night he was static. Jay has gone backwards with constantly looking to fall over and win free kicks all the time which is why I don't think he is capable of the top flight. Darcey and Koumas were shocking when they came on but not as bad as Whitts.

Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:18 am

Burke, much as I love the guy, was giving the ball away and his crossing was very poor. That was the only tactical changebopman

if that was the case it was the wrong one, whitts was carrying a knock and was plain to see from the family stand as he was unable to run after a ball or run with it and his injury gave a lot of ball away.
your better getting rid of a crocked player than a fit one at least a fit one can stand get in the way.

jones was pathetic in this choice last night.

Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:29 am

bluebirdbaz wrote:i thought Bothroyd was really poor last night, and should have come off, but what am i to say about it 400 notes a year for a season ticket so i just got to stand there and agree with it

Its worth 400 notes just to stand by me and Pete :D :D

Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:49 am

MalagaCF wrote:

what a true statement, did you gety your copy of the BIG issue off milly last night

Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:29 am

The Premier 1 wrote:
Burke, much as I love the guy, was giving the ball away and his crossing was very poor. That was the only tactical changebopman

if that was the case it was the wrong one, whitts was carrying a knock and was plain to see from the family stand as he was unable to run after a ball or run with it and his injury gave a lot of ball away.
your better getting rid of a crocked player than a fit one at least a fit one can stand get in the way.

jones was pathetic in this choice last night.

Totally agree with you, I wasn't aware that Whitts was carrying a knock, but that does explain a lot.

I am not defending Dave Jones' decision making, just that the original post made out they were all tactical

Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:47 am

Quinn came off with his hamstring and chopra with his knee,just heard interview with Dave Jones on bbc sport.

Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:54 am

I can understand it if that was the case Chief but he should of taken Whitts off and instead of Koumas who isnt up for a scrap should of played JET

Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:02 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:I can understand it if that was the case Chief but he should of taken Whitts off and instead of Koumas who isnt up for a scrap should of played JET

I think JET would have been a better call last night as well, as we needed somebody to keep possession a bit better!

Having said that, I thought that they closed us down very quickly and as soon as our forwards in particular tried to control the ball, one of their players nicked the ball off ours!

We gave them too much time on the ball ourselves and I can't recall either Jay or Chops chasing back to help out our midfield either and they just seemed to be getting caught offside a lot! :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:06 pm

JET has looked lazy so can understand why he didnt come on

Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:07 pm

MalagaCF wrote:

uh hmmm :? :D

Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:20 pm

milly44 wrote:
MalagaCF wrote:

uh hmmm :? :D

thats if you are accepted, you have to go in front of our committee :D

Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:26 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:
MalagaCF wrote:

what a true statement, did you gety your copy of the BIG issue off milly last night

I missed that issue...... :lol: :lol:

Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:27 pm

:lol: :lol:

Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:08 pm

i know one person who will accept me baz ;)

Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:11 pm

milly44 wrote:i know one person who will accept me baz ;)
:oops: :oops: :oops: i tried :lol:

Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:16 am

If you're gonna risk Bellamy as a sub, then you put him in his best/normal position.

You dont take off someone who scored and still has plenty of running (chopra)

You put on JET because he is confident on the ball, and can slow down play.

You take off any passangers i.e. whitts or jay. Especially when holding onto slim lead.

Bad subs :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: