Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" BURNLEY PLAYERS/MANAGEMENT LAST NIGHT "

Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:06 am

" BURNLEY PLAYERS/MANAGEMENT LAST NIGHT "

About 250 Burnley Fans made the Trip(My Guess).

At the end Manager/Players they went over to their Fans and Thanked them(WAlked across the pitch) :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Are we the Only Club who's Club does NOT THANK THEIR FANS AT AWAY GAMES ?

Re: " BURNLEY PLAYERS/MANAGEMENT LAST NIGHT "

Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:15 am

Forever Blue wrote:" BURNLEY PLAYERS/MANAGEMENT LAST NIGHT "

At the end Manager/Players they went over to their Fans and Thanked them(WAlked across the pitch) :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Annis i would say yes and it all comes from our manager who shows total contempt for us fans. If i managed a football club i would insist all players went over to the fans at the end of the game or they would be fined. Remember when had a poor team and lost heavily away and sometimes only a handful would travel they always come over to show appriation for the fans.

Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:15 am

Most likely.

Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:25 am

Earnie will come over and clap us after the game on Saturday as always :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Gunter wont tho :evil:

Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:30 am

not this again :old:

Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:36 am

not again....same old, same old

Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:32 am

This is all about the standards you set as a club and at all football clubs standars are set by the managers.

I remember watching the Man Utd v Southampton cup game the other week and at the final whistle the camera went onto Alex Ferguson and you could clearly see him pointing at his players to go and thank their supporters.

These are the standards set by Sir Alex but maybe he didn't play football at the same level as the guy in charge at our club and that's why he puts no stock in thanking fans or following the standards set by the best British manager in history.

Just a thought. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:50 am

Billy Davis is a horrible man, but he always goes on the pitch and claps Forests away fans and points at his players to go over to them and clap them. I have noticed this several times now, it doesn't take much to do it.

Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:59 am

Sorry but I don't like the idea of the players being told to come over to the fans it's like someone ordering your wife to make love to you they should want to come over. At home i can understand it as the stadium is 3/4 empty as soon as the final whistle goes. But away our support is the best and it does hurt that we don't seem appreciated but with a leader asp passionless as Jones what do you expect

Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:27 am

Nuclearblue wrote:Sorry but I don't like the idea of the players being told to come over to the fans it's like someone ordering your wife to make love to you they should want to come over. At home i can understand it as the stadium is 3/4 empty as soon as the final whistle goes. But away our support is the best and it does hurt that we don't seem appreciated but with a leader asp passionless as Jones what do you expect

Spot on mate, fair play.

Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:13 pm

Ebbw Blue wrote:

Annis i would say yes and it all comes from our manager who shows total contempt for us fans. If i managed a football club i would insist all players went over to the fans at the end of the game or they would be fined. Remember when had a poor team and lost heavily away and sometimes only a handful would travel they always come over to show appriation for the fans.

SPOT ON Darren.

Fans give up holiday time/Work hard for their money and Show Loyalty, LETS HAVE SOME LOYALTY BACK :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:11 pm

From Facebook

Neil Wixon and Lewis CcFc Newman like this.
Aston Martyn Williams Heaton is the only player who claps us when we are way.
2 hours ago · Like · 1 person

Anthony Chiplin I totally agree ive only ever seen heaton clap not sayin others dont tho just never seen it
2 hours ago · Like

Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:23 pm

They don't thank their fans at home either, so they definately won't away. I think I counted 3 at most players clapping us yesterday. Its really not that difficult to show a bit of appreciation. You say thanks to someone who does something as small as hold a door for you, so why not say thank you to fans who support you week in, week out and even travel hundreds of miles in all weathers just to see a game.
Nonsensical to me!