Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Football is dead to me

Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:10 am

Ive said the same before, we are embarrasing at home as fans....different story away though :?

Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:42 am

Im 21, and I can only really properly recall 10 years ago.

At 1st, I used to sit in the Grandstand with my Uncle who got me into CCFC. OK, at NP the Grandstand was quiet, but all I remember is the brilliant atmosphere even in there due to the rest of the ground. And we are talking here, with very small crowds in comparison to what we get now.

As I got older, I got my mates into it and we moved to the Bob Bank (seating). Just behind the terrace, and I remember pretty much every game, as you could sense that NP was intimidating for the opposition and its fans. I loved every minute of it.

It almost felt like we as fans, forced the ball into the net on times, especially down the Grange End goal.

I could count on 1 hand the amount of games in the league, where NP was "flat".

..... now sadly I can count on one hand where the CCS has had that special atmosphere that was in NP.

Im not being funny, but using last night as an example, I reckon around 4K fans missed our goal as people are too worried about queing for a fu*c*in Burger, so leave after 35 mins.

Then we hit 80 mins and a quarter of the ground leave early. We then draw 1-1 with a decent side and the majority of fans boo. Me and my mates were probably the only few left clapping in our block. And to top it all off, the atmosphere was dead AGAIN all game.

We wonder why the players dont celebrate with us anymore? Bellamy had a bit of a paddy about the booing again yesterday, and only Hudson clapped us after the game. And 2bh, I dont blame them.

We have picked up many fans through our cup run and push for promo, but sadly it has diluted the fans that were at NP, and we can no longer lift the players or intimidate the opposition. Its painful to watch imo, and I came out of the game and said to my mate, "Im sick of this place already".

Obviously I will never stop going down, CCFC is my team through thick and thin. I do wish I could afford more away games though, as that is where you get that sense of NP back again. Roll on Hull for me!

Is CCS costing us points here and there? I believe YES, as i strongly believe in the fans influence in players attitudes and performance.

CCS was a step forward financially, but it was a step back in every other aspect.

RIP Ninian Park.

Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:48 am

ELY BOY wrote:We complain when the players show no passion but we as fans are as much to blame. We are f8cking awful!! I dread going to home games in the souless bowls nowadays. I am embarrassed to be a Cardiff fan when you can hear the players talking it's so quiet, I could have easily had a conversation with Dave Jones yesterday from the Canton stand.

We have a class team, a class manager but a pitch that would look at home on Trelai Park. Our home games may well cost us promotion this season, shocking atmosphere, shocking pitch and I am sad to say shocking fans. :evil:

Well a good few guys on here have wrote some good songs , but they only stay on this forum , they only want to singe the same old stuff at games . I dont bother to singe now, use to singe my head off.

Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:19 pm

Aye! You have to be careful with that singeing. I don't think it'll catch on.

Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:21 pm

welshcitydragon wrote:
ELY BOY wrote:We complain when the players show no passion but we as fans are as much to blame. We are f8cking awful!! I dread going to home games in the souless bowls nowadays. I am embarrassed to be a Cardiff fan when you can hear the players talking it's so quiet, I could have easily had a conversation with Dave Jones yesterday from the Canton stand.

We have a class team, a class manager but a pitch that would look at home on Trelai Park. Our home games may well cost us promotion this season, shocking atmosphere, shocking pitch and I am sad to say shocking fans. :evil:

Well a good few guys on here have wrote some good songs , but they only stay on this forum , they only want to singe the same old stuff at games . I dont bother to singe now, use to singe my head off.

The word is sing if you singe your head you will not have any hair left :lol:

Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:25 pm

I think a lot of it is down to expectations of winning most of our games and this has made our fans nervous, away we had lower expectations and with a smaller number of fans it is easier to get songs going, I'm hoping to see a good atmosphere Saturday :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:42 pm

For the first time in years I am considering not renewing my season ticket for the same reasons above. After every game I lose my voice but it's not worth it no more :(

Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:45 pm

you wont be saying that if were in the prem next season :roll:

Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:09 pm

if we are winning or the team are playing good football we sing if not be as quiet as mice really shocking :cry: :cry:

Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:15 pm

great post above ccfcbull. cant disagree with any of it sadly :cry:

Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:25 pm

The Canton Stand is the only hope

Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:40 pm

CCFCBULL wrote:Im 21, and I can only really properly recall 10 years ago.

At 1st, I used to sit in the Grandstand with my Uncle who got me into CCFC. OK, at NP the Grandstand was quiet, but all I remember is the brilliant atmosphere even in there due to the rest of the ground. And we are talking here, with very small crowds in comparison to what we get now.

As I got older, I got my mates into it and we moved to the Bob Bank (seating). Just behind the terrace, and I remember pretty much every game, as you could sense that NP was intimidating for the opposition and its fans. I loved every minute of it.

It almost felt like we as fans, forced the ball into the net on times, especially down the Grange End goal.

I could count on 1 hand the amount of games in the league, where NP was "flat".

..... now sadly I can count on one hand where the CCS has had that special atmosphere that was in NP.

Im not being funny, but using last night as an example, I reckon around 4K fans missed our goal as people are too worried about queing for a fu*c*in Burger, so leave after 35 mins.

Then we hit 80 mins and a quarter of the ground leave early. We then draw 1-1 with a decent side and the majority of fans boo. Me and my mates were probably the only few left clapping in our block. And to top it all off, the atmosphere was dead AGAIN all game.

We wonder why the players dont celebrate with us anymore? Bellamy had a bit of a paddy about the booing again yesterday, and only Hudson clapped us after the game. And 2bh, I dont blame them.

We have picked up many fans through our cup run and push for promo, but sadly it has diluted the fans that were at NP, and we can no longer lift the players or intimidate the opposition. Its painful to watch imo, and I came out of the game and said to my mate, "Im sick of this place already".

Obviously I will never stop going down, CCFC is my team through thick and thin. I do wish I could afford more away games though, as that is where you get that sense of NP back again. Roll on Hull for me!

Is CCS costing us points here and there? I believe YES, as i strongly believe in the fans influence in players attitudes and performance.

CCS was a step forward financially, but it was a step back in every other aspect.

RIP Ninian Park.

fair play fantastic post :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:03 pm

Agree with this mate, we slag the team off for no passion but we're the same at home. Away is a different ball game.

CCFCBULL, Good post fella but NP had a LOT of flat atmospheres too :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:10 pm

It is a bit of myth that 'everyone' sang when we were at Ninian and playing in the lower leagues.

My advice would be if the lads in the Ninian and Canton want a sing then there is nothing stoping them from doing so and certainly there is no reason to worry about those who don't join in.

Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:43 pm

i was in the canton and the atmosphere was shocking,i even got up on my own and screamed at the lot of em that they were being outsung by about 20 burnley supporters, 7 minutes plus stoppage time and complete silence.in a weird way i hope we stay in the champ so the plastics f**k off an the expectations are lowered for next season

Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:30 pm

I still can't undersatnd people saying ninian was dead most time. It was quit from time to time yes but the CCS is shit and I and many others are not renewing our season tickets, f**k the premier. I go to football for the day out, banter between fans, a bit of a sing and a laugh, the new ground is pathetic, its not Cardiff City anymore and like I said earlier the Canton stand has a shit atmosphere as well.

Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:37 pm

were not shocking, the away games ve been to this season there home atmosphere been shit but i agree the atmosphere aint good enough. to many sitters and clappers. Our away support is immense though!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:30 pm

Funny I said to my mate last night we'd be better off playing on trelai park :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:03 pm

I think the layout of the new stadiums have'nt helped people in losing their inhibitions, i've got a season ticket at the back of the Grange but last night i arrived just after kick off & decided to sit near the front for a change, the one thing i noticed was how bright the lights are near the front & you feel like you're under a spotlight.The old stadiums were a lot more dark & dingy & it did'nt feel like there's a thousand eyes on you if you shouted something out.Sometimes it's almost as if you're in the Cinema & half expect someone to say "Ssshhh" if you speak too loud.Songs have become very repetetive dirge & people can join in a harmless happy clappy way, we've become Americanised & the crowd resembles that of a ball game.Sadly this is no longer the experience that i fell in love with many moons ago.

Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:04 pm

I think the layout of the new stadiums have'nt helped people in losing their inhibitions, i've got a season ticket at the back of the Grange but last night i arrived just after kick off & decided to sit near the front for a change, the one thing i noticed was how bright the lights are near the front & you feel like you're under a spotlight.The old stadiums were a lot more dark & dingy & it did'nt feel like there's a thousand eyes on you if you shouted something out.Sometimes it's almost as if you're in the Cinema & half expect someone to say "Ssshhh" if you speak too loud.Songs have become very repetetive dirge & people can join in a harmless happy clappy way, we've become Americanised & the crowd resembles that of a ball game.Sadly this is no longer the experience that i fell in love with many moons ago.