A forum for all things Cardiff City

NICE STORY ABOUT JOHN BISHOP,COMEDIAN.

Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:50 am

If you haven't caught up with him yet, then you don't know what your missing, really relaxed funny bloke and yet another scouser with the gift of the gab :lol: :lol:

Anyway I digress, going to see him tonight in the C.I.A. when I told my daughter she said that she loved his humour and he was her favourite comedian at the present time. Now for those that don't know, my daughter who is 22 and gorgeous (follows her dad obviously) is suffering from cancer yet again. First diagnosed when she was 16, it was in her upper thigh bone, she was a budding athlete at the time and breaking into the Welsh squad at 400 meters.After chemo therapy and a 15 cm section of her bone being replaced with a prosthesis she was finally given the all clear at 18.

Sadly at 20 during a follow up scan, they picked up some cancerous cells on her lung, back to treatment more chemo and all the crap that it brings and it is cleared up only to return again last year. So love her she been thru and is still going thru the mill, but she really positive and a proper scrapper.

Anyway, back to the nice bit of the story, When she told me she liked John Bishop, I noticed on the message board that a lad "Soul Searcher" was selling two tickets. So I Phoned him up and picked the tickets up down the City game Saturday.

My good lady wife who is my daughters step mum (obviously), e mailed John Bishops management on Saturday night and fair play to them within hours they had got back to her and set something up.

My missus had asked if he could give her a mention on stage to give her a bit of a lift, but he's contacted us and wants to meet her backstage before he goes on, What a top bloke, it means so much to her and she's floating on air..

So be warned, anyone who slags this man off will see their door coming thru and a 22 stone giant from up here in Valley land coming behind with a big baseball bat. Top Bloke (scouse git) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Re: NICE STORY ABOUT JOHN BISHOP,COMEDIAN.

Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:02 pm

Hope your daughter has a fantastic time.

Nice to see there is still some kindness in the world.

Well done John Bishop.

Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:31 pm

There are some great people out there Gwyn, here's wishing a bit of luck for your daughter & a long and wonderful life. Regards to you all, I hope things change for the better for you all soon and enjoy your night. Laughter can be a amazing medicine, enjoy.

Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:38 pm

I think he's an excellent comedian, hope your daughter enjoys it and has makes a recovery :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:39 pm

Fair play to the man, that's nice.

Best wishes to your daughter & Family Gwyn :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:49 pm

Nice story. He seems like a genuine humble guy.

I saw him on BBC a couple months ago. Great story teller.

Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:49 pm

He is a very very funny guy, hope your daughter gets well soon Gwyn and I'm sure you will both have a great night.
All the best mate.

Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:04 pm

Really good comedian. Hope you daughter fully recovers soon
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:12 pm

whenever i see boshop, he strikes me as a very funny but most importantly down to earth guy. i guess this proves it.
hope your daughter has a fantastic time, and wish her all the best in her recovery :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:19 pm

will be there tonight and its a nice story about your daughter

hope she has a top evening

Sam_The_Jack

Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:26 pm

I hope she has a wonderful night mate. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:50 pm

You will all have an awesome night.... saw him on the start of the tour and he was brilliant! He does strike me as someone who is amazed at the success he has got. I'm pretty certain he will treat you and your family right tonight!

Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:58 pm

Fair play to the fella. Very funny too.

Im sure your daughter will have a great time :D

Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:02 pm

Delighted for her. She will have a brilliant time.

Sending best wishes to you & your daughter she sounds like a real fighter. :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:37 pm

what a great story

Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:42 pm

He really is a great bloke and a very funny one at that :ayatollah:
Glad for your daughter as well Gwyn and hope it gives her a boost on her road to recovery ;)

Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:05 pm

Fantastic story.Hope she has the time of her life.Great bloke is JB 8-)

Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:15 pm

Hope your daughter and you have a top night Gwyn, best wishes to you both. :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:21 pm

Great story,hope you both have a great night,and all the best to your daughter on her recovery,

Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:24 pm

fantastic story hope she has fun :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:50 pm

That's really kind of him. Best wishes to your daughter mate

Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:55 pm

He is a nice bloke.Few of us met him at the Elvis festival in porthcawl last year,in a kebab shop of all places,took time out to talk and seemed really genuine.
Have a great night both of you.

Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:59 pm

Nice Story Gwyn,

Hope she enjoys her night.
You`ll both be in stitches I`m sure.
Jack Dee has to be my fave but John Bishop is also hilarious. Very down to earth.

Enjoy!!!!!!!!!

Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:06 pm

Gwyn, having slagged off Lee Evans, who is hopeless, I have to say that`s a great story, and John Bishop is really funny.
However, as I know exactly how big you are ( although I doubt you have a clue who I am ) I would have said he was great anyway!!!!!!
Seriously, a tremendous gesture from the guy and I hope she has a great time.

Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:37 pm

Gwyn,Hope your daughter has a great night cause she deserves it.Me and my son are going tomorow night
looking foward to it. :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:42 pm

fair play top lad and hilarious comedian, agree heard him on a few interviews and thought he was down to earth and gutted i missed the cia show! all the best aswell!

Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:16 pm

Me and my sister bought my parents tickets for Xmas - they're going tomorrow.
Glad that hes a nice guy, hope your daughter and you have a great time, and guaranteed youll be on the floor by the end of it with your ribs in bits!
Have a good time!

Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:53 pm

Gwyn what a great write up. Hope your daughter beats this awful illness again she sounds an inspirational Lass. And John Bishop top bloke. But i bet she cant help but laugh when she has you as a Dad :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:17 am

Has always seemed like a great guy when I've seen him on tv in various appearances but this is something very special.

Fantastic news for your family to see a guy in the public eye to make such an effort. All the best to you, your daughter and your family. And enjoy the show!

:ayatollah:

Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:52 am

Nice of John Bishop, and best wishes to all of you,