Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Mathematical Possibilities Aside.... "

Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:20 pm

Who still thinks we can gain automatic promotion ???

Re: Mathematical Possibilities Aside....

Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:22 pm

nope, quite honestly i dont think we are good enough. playoff lottery again this season

Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:35 pm

I think the play offs at best, & we could struggle to get into that if we are not carefull. Are we really any better than last season?

Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:39 pm

stick to what i have said all along. its a big NO.

- dave jones
- team of individuals
- home form
- state of the pitch
- dave jones
- team spirit
- consistancy
- possibily even the fact that we dont get behind out team at home for 90mins could be a factor
- dave jones

theres a few reasons. thats all my negativity gone in one thread. :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:52 pm

:lol: :lol: f*cking hell dropping 2 points last and your all doom and gloom get a grip, if we get 3pts against Forest everyone will be saying Auto is back on. Ye it is a big IF even if we draw and beat Leicester we are still on target for 2pts a game for Feb which is brilliant. Then when you look at the last loads of games we played some bloody hard fixtures and to come away with the about of points we have is brilliant no matter if they are home or away! Last nights draw was not a bad result its another point closer to where we want to be! We have got a nice run in on PAPER and hopefully we can take full advantage whereas other teams have a tough run eg. Forest last 6 games is crazy! If we carry on at 2pts a game for the rest of the season i have no doubt we will finish in the top 2!

Look at the positives, we have a brilliant team lets get behind the boys!

Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:55 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:I think the play offs at best, & we could struggle to get into that if we are not carefull. Are we really any better than last season?

6 POINTS BETTER ATM :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:56 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:I think the play offs at best, & we could struggle to get into that if we are not carefull. Are we really any better than last season?

i suppose only advantage we got few of teams in mix with us have to play each other but this mite sound a bit mad but we mite have to go on unbeaten run until end of season ........ :shock:

Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:15 pm

I still think we can win the league, but Jones' famous luck has to start kicking in soon if we are to do so.

Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:16 pm

Here we go again!!! We draw against a side that in my eyes will be in play off spots and the doom and gloom merchants are back. Just as they were after we drew with Reading, then they go complete opposite after we beat Jacks. FFS lads we aint got a god given right to win every game at home, lets see Feb out unbeaten and then look back and say that was the month we held it together against a lot of good teams. Keep the faith :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:41 pm

yes i think the squad this season is stronger than that of last. yes we lost 2points yesterday (against a good team). which i would have taken before the match i will also take a point against forest. i know we nee to beat the teams around us and that is what we should focus on but as long as they dont beat us either will make it just as hard for them. there are still plenty of points up for grabs.

i did a predictor yesterday and had us draw against burnley and we still finished 2nd a point behind qpr so dont worry everything is going according to plan :D

Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:50 pm

Which ever way you look at it, the fact of the matter is, City have got to play a lot lot better if we are to achieve automatic promotion, with 15 games left we need a minimum of 2 points a game [85 points] & that might not even be enough.

Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:11 pm

Casual wrote::lol: :lol: f*cking hell dropping 2 points last and your all doom and gloom get a grip, if we get 3pts against Forest everyone will be saying Auto is back on. Ye it is a big IF even if we draw and beat Leicester we are still on target for 2pts a game for Feb which is brilliant. Then when you look at the last loads of games we played some bloody hard fixtures and to come away with the about of points we have is brilliant no matter if they are home or away! Last nights draw was not a bad result its another point closer to where we want to be! We have got a nice run in on PAPER and hopefully we can take full advantage whereas other teams have a tough run eg. Forest last 6 games is crazy! If we carry on at 2pts a game for the rest of the season i have no doubt we will finish in the top 2!

Look at the positives, we have a brilliant team lets get behind the boys!

Forests last 6 games may be crazy, but they are on a good run.

Win their games in hand, we'll be 4 points down. Lose Saturday, that's it, automatic playoffs will be over.

Dave Jones usual abysmal slump has cost us big time - we'd have controlled our own destiny otherwise.

Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:20 pm

ashccfc wrote:Who still thinks we can gain automatic promotion ???

I think we are good enough with the The Quality of the players we have, without doubt.
The Management in My Opinion will not take us up Automatic, But thats just My Honest Opinion.

Ash your opinion ?

Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:33 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

I think we are good enough with the The Quality of the players we have, without doubt.
The Management in My Opinion will not take us up Automatic, But thats just My Honest Opinion.

Ash your opinion ?

Annis, it was the players yesterday who couldnt keep hold of the ball, DJ took off burkie because he was giving it away far too much and brought on JK who can keep hold of possession. Bellers came on if you watch Jay went wide left to make a 5 man midfield, burnley were pushing their back line so high bellars pace could catch them on the break.....we then conceded and jay had to go back up top to make it 4-4-2 as DJ went to try and win it....IMO DJ made good decisions regarding subs yesterday, it just didnt work.

Re: " Mathematical Possibilities Aside.... "

Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:35 pm

I cant remember the last time I actually thought we would get promoted automatically.

But believe we can :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:35 pm

Me.
11 or 10 games left (?) thats around 30 points on offer. The gap is only 5 points and we have to play them both with one game being at home.

Not over by a long shot

Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:39 pm

lets not get negative its going to be one hell of a roller coaster ride but hey thats what following the citys all about i wouldnt bet agaisnt us pulling something out the bag saturday :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:00 pm

If we dont believe we can no wonder atmosphere at stadium is crap and everyone on edge .......self belief and fan belief and support can help team on pitch - of course we can go up automatically

Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:02 pm

IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Ash your opinion ?

Annis, it was the players yesterday who couldnt keep hold of the ball, DJ took off burkie because he was giving it away far too much and brought on JK who can keep hold of possession. Bellers came on if you watch Jay went wide left to make a 5 man midfield, burnley were pushing their back line so high bellars pace could catch them on the break.....we then conceded and jay had to go back up top to make it 4-4-2 as DJ went to try and win it....IMO DJ made good decisions regarding subs yesterday, it just didnt work.

John

My reasons are that we are to inconsistent and cant see of teams, I also have No faith in DJ , I really try to Honest.

IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Ash your opinion ?

John

My reasons are that we are to inconsistent and cant see of teams, I also have No faith in DJ , I really try to Honest.

We have the best squad bar none in this league and serious questions should be asked at DJ on why we went on that rubbish run through Christmas. Imagine we had won a hand full more points? We would probably be a few points clear by now.

To answer your question....can we go up via the automatic spots this year? I will tell you after the Forest game!

Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:04 pm

NIBluebird wrote:If we dont believe we can no wonder atmosphere at stadium is crap and everyone on edge .......self belief and fan belief and support can help team on pitch - of course we can go up automatically

But I go to the matches believing WE WILL WIN THIS ONE, EVERY TIME, WE START OF SINGING and within seconds The songs just die away :cry: :cry:

I GO TO EVERY GAME WITH A POSITIVE MIND/FEELING and CHEER THE TEAM for 90 Mins :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:08 pm

i think if we are within 2 points of 2nd place with 10 games left we can do it........last 10 games is where it really counts, its how you finish the season, the rest is just getting in position :D

Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:12 pm

annis your correct about the atmosphere im in the canton not many bother to sing its like there all afraid or something not a patch on the old grange end but when we go away we all seem to get behind them :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:14 pm

ANDYBLUE wrote:annis your correct about the atmosphere im in the canton not many bother to sing its like there all afraid or something not a patch on the old grange end but when we go away we all seem to get behind them :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Andy, I agree from where I am in the Ninian Stand it does not look a patch on the Grange.

Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:20 pm

its just so crap in there dont know what there problem is roll on saturday i feel a proper sing song coming on when i get home after an away day i cant speak properly for days :lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:23 pm

ANDYBLUE wrote:its just so crap in there dont know what there problem is roll on saturday i feel a proper sing song coming on when i get home after an away day i cant speak properly for days :lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

At FOREST We will be Superb :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:07 pm

I am still confident that we will win automatic promotion. The next two games are going to be tough but I think we will get at least four points from them. After that the fixture list looks a bit easier though with City you can never count chickens. But all in all I am still confindent.

Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:31 pm

YES!!!!

Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:40 pm

anybody know how many points we were on this time last season?