Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

HE IS TOLD HE CAN GO By DAVE JONES

Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:04 pm

Well you know My thought on Warren Feeney(Yes I am Biased).

But he was NEVER given a chance, a run of games,

6 starts in 3 and a half yrs.

Scored goals for Dundee, Luton, Stockport, Jacks and Bournemouth.
He gives 110% Effort/Passion and cares for Supporters.

Maybe he could have been given a chance in another position.

His career is 77 goals in 296 appearances approx.

Northern Ireland LOVE HIM.

And I have lost a friend :cry:

I know you will slate him, but put your selfs in his position.

Re: HE IS TOLD HE CAN GO By DAVE JONES

Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:05 pm

Does he want to go though? Or does he want to fight for a place here?

Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:06 pm

77 goals in almost 300 appearances is pretty good by any standard.

I didn't have a clue that his record was like that.

Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:07 pm

CHOPRA19 wrote:Does he want to go though? Or does he want to fight for a place here?

He wants to fight for a place, but DJ has told the Echo tonight before telling him, he can go.

Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:08 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
CHOPRA19 wrote:Does he want to go though? Or does he want to fight for a place here?

He wants to fight for a place, but DJ has told the Echo tonight before telling him, he can go.

As you know him very well, what do you think he will do and what do u think he should do?

I hope he stays. :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:09 pm

Quite right too. Warren is a gent of the highest order and fully deserves first team football.

But he doesn't deserve it ahead of Michael Chopra, Ross McCormack and Jay Bothroyd.

It's that simple Annis, sorry fella. Surely you want him to be playing regularly for someone rather than be sat on our bench doing feck all? No pro footballer who's done nothing wrong deserves that!!

Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:10 pm

we cant afford to let him go if you ask me were on limited selections as we are :? .......so hes left has he or he will be in the coming weeks!!

Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:13 pm

DaveSheffield wrote:Quite right too. Warren is a gent of the highest order and fully deserves first team football.

But he doesn't deserve it ahead of Michael Chopra, Ross McCormack and Jay Bothroyd.

It's that simple Annis, sorry fella. Surely you want him to be playing regularly for someone rather than be sat on our bench doing feck all? No pro footballer who's done nothing wrong deserves that!!

Yes and he does, The jacks tried to buy him last week, but he turned them down.
Barnsley want him at the moment.
He just wants a chance to prove himself to Cardiff fans, he believes he can deliver, given the chance.

Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:14 pm

CHOPRA19 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

As you know him very well, what do you think he will do and what do u think he should do?

I hope he stays. :ayatollah:

He thought he was going to be given a run after his performances the last 2 games, but now he knows DJ wants him to go, so he will :cry:

Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:15 pm

dafydd-ccfc85 wrote:we cant afford to let him go if you ask me were on limited selections as we are :? .......so hes left has he or he will be in the coming weeks!!

He might be our only striker left if PR has his way :lol:

Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:16 pm

Who have we got to replace him????

thats what concerns me

Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:17 pm

Tell Warren to hang on in as long as he can, got a feeling that Mr Jones will be out the door very soon. :(

Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:18 pm

Laz wrote:Who have we got to replace him????

thats what concerns me

Helo Laz mate,

With such a small squad can we afford to let him go.

Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:19 pm

Yeah, it's sad that it's come to this, but it's in his best interests.

He'll still be hero worshipped at Northern Ireland and their home atmospheres are better than anything we'll ever get at CCS now.

He deserves this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YArnWKJz ... re=related

Very best of luck in your career Warren :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:19 pm

moonmouse wrote:Tell Warren to hang on in as long as he can, got a feeling that Mr Jones will be out the door very soon. :(

We would Both be happy people, it was his birthday yesterday that was his present of DJ. Remind me when its DJ's Birthday. :evil:

Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:20 pm

DaveSheffield wrote:Yeah, it's sad that it's come to this, but it's in his best interests.

He'll still be hero worshipped at Northern Ireland and their home atmospheres are better than anything we'll ever get at CCS now.

He deserves this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YArnWKJz ... re=related

Very best of luck in your career Warren :ayatollah:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:26 pm

i want him to play and score tomorrow what kind of management is tha telling the local paper before the player himself what a tw*t dave jones shame on you!!!magennis be up front with his wooden crutches now annis. :lol: :lol:

Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:27 pm

If you judged players on form and run of games you only have look at chopra. We all know he is more than capable but has barron phases or "Goal droughts"

Bothroyd hasnt exactly the goal scoring form of a striker, but still he is chosen week in week out. For instance whittinghams goal contribution from mid-field also Burkey combined Makes him look an actually poor striker......Stats wise!

So If were not going to get players in DJ and the coaching staff should be working hard with the players they have to improve them as much as possible.

Im sure Warren with some backing...I.e manager motivation couldnt be as good if not better than bothroyd.

I for 1 am getting sick of Bothroyds child like antics of when things dont go his way.......I.e not getting a decision he decides to sit down like a little kid wave his arms around and feel hard done by. Where as if he got to his feet chased back to gain possesion or just put the opposition under pressure he would indeed be much more respected.

Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:32 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

thats what concerns me

Helo Laz mate,

hiya mate, hope all is well

our concern should be getting players in, not letting players leave!

or do we need to sell to buy.....? :?

Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:33 pm

he was never given the chance he deserves. i hope he stays.

Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:34 pm

Laz wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

thats what concerns me

Helo Laz mate,

Laz, 100% we need to sell before we can buy.

Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:34 pm

I don't believe Mr Jones knows how to motivate the players. There is a cancer in the club and it needs to be cut out,starting at the very top.

Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:35 pm

What a pitty that is, he is one of a few who gives %100. And we cant sign anyone and he can leave???? Well done Davey Boy :roll: :roll: :roll:

Good Luck Warren have spoken to him a few times when he has been with Annis and he is a top bloke :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:44 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Laz wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Helo Laz mate,

Laz, 100% we need to sell before we can buy.

shall i buy another season ticket then? :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:11 am

Forever Blue wrote:Well you know My thought on Warren Feeney(Yes I am Biased).

But he was NEVER given a chance, a run of games,

6 starts in 3 and a half yrs.

Scored goals for Dundee, Luton, Stockport, Jacks and Bournemouth.
He gives 110% Effort/Passion and cares for Supporters.

Maybe he could have been given a chance in another position.

His career is 77 goals in 296 appearances approx.

Northern Ireland LOVE HIM.

And I have lost a friend :cry:

I know you will slate him, but put your selfs in his position.

im glad im not the only one who thinks warren feeney is a decent player who needs games.. hes a battler and has the passion that i like.. chopra has had a quite spell of over 10 games and i think feeney should have got more games...
i hope warren does whats best for himself regarding staying or going and wish him good luck....

Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:36 am

he does deserve a chance, but all his goals have come in piss poor leagues, scotish, league 2 & 1 and ireland lol

id like to think the championship is abit better than all them to be honest! could you see him holding down a place at newcastle, west brom notts forest because thats were we wanna be!

Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:46 am

I'm not sure if keeping Feeney is the way ahead, but I suppose it's an interesting thought that if Warren was given a run of 18 games (the number Chopra failed to score in) then based on his career stats of 77 goals in 296 appearances we could have expected a return of 6 to 7 goals?

Those extra goals surly would have yeilded the same in gained points which would have us challenging for second spot.

Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:51 am

He should have a chance, it'll be good to see him play with someone like Jay. As mentioned before Chops went a bit stale on the scoring side so why not aye??

Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:55 am

Forever Blue wrote:
DaveSheffield wrote:Quite right too. Warren is a gent of the highest order and fully deserves first team football.

:lol: strange that he'd turn us down when he's already played for us once already,and lets be honest its highly unlikely he'll go to anyone better than us at the moment.

And whats even more surprising is that we'd be interested in him in the first place, when we're only after an out and out targetman....not sure Feeney fits that bill Annis :D

Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:00 am

Forever Blue wrote:

Barnsley want him at the moment.
He just wants a chance to prove himself to Cardiff fans, he believes he can deliver, given the chance.

FB, why did he turn down a transfer to the Jacks? I know their fans are w@##### but the players play good football and are challenging for the play offs, he also wouldn't have had to move house. Is it cos of how the fans (city) would have taken it? Cos I for one would not have held it against him, it would be good footballing decision.

On paper he's our 4th choice forward, but in DJs head he doesn't exist and will therefore be forced out a la Thompson (another who gave 110%) and Alexander.

Good luck Warren!