Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: HE IS TOLD HE CAN GO By DAVE JONES

Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:02 am

I did not know his record was that good annis,

Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:08 am

Ben wrote:he does deserve a chance, but all his goals have come in piss poor leagues, scotish, league 2 & 1 and ireland lol

id like to think the championship is abit better than all them to be honest! could you see him holding down a place at newcastle, west brom notts forest because thats were we wanna be!

Good point. We have to look to progress and, nice bloke as he seems, Warren will never play at a higher level than he is now and I wouldn't have in him the first 11 ahead of Chopra, McCormack or Bothroyd. The real test of this decision is whether we replace with someone of similar/higher ability, if no then it seems strange, if yes then decision is a good one.

Even if this decision allows us to get in another CM rather than a striker then it can be justified e.g. Warren leaves and we sign Stock from Doncaster.

Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:47 am

Reading most of the above I thought I was looking at someone special, something different.

This is the same Warren Feeney that has yet to score a Championship goal yes? :shock:

Lower division striker at best as far as I'm concerned.

At the moment we can't get rid of him because of the current situation. But from what I've seen of him, albeit mostly cameo appearances, he's got nothing whatsoever to offer as a striker for us imo.

He may be a decent bloke but football is a harsh world with little room for sentiment. Paul Wheeler was a nice bloke but I wouldn't want to see him leading the line again either.

Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:51 am

city_85 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
DaveSheffield wrote:Quite right too. Warren is a gent of the highest order and fully deserves first team football.

But he doesn't deserve it ahead of Michael Chopra, Ross McCormack and Jay Bothroyd.

It's that simple Annis, sorry fella. Surely you want him to be playing regularly for someone rather than be sat on our bench doing feck all? No pro footballer who's done nothing wrong deserves that!!

Yes and he does, The jacks tried to buy him last week, but he turned them down.
Barnsley want him at the moment.
He just wants a chance to prove himself to Cardiff fans, he believes he can deliver, given the chance.

It wasnt personal against them, he thought he was going to get his chance with Cardiff finally.

FB, why did he turn down a transfer to the Jacks? I know their fans are w@##### but the players play good football and are challenging for the play offs, he also wouldn't have had to move house. Is it cos of how the fans (city) would have taken it? Cos I for one would not have held it against him, it would be good footballing decision.

On paper he's our 4th choice forward, but in DJs head he doesn't exist and will therefore be forced out a la Thompson (another who gave 110%) and Alexander.

Good luck Warren!

It wasnt personal against them, he thought he was going to get his chance with Cardiff finally

Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:31 am

Annis, it must be so frustrating for warren, he is fully committed and wants to play football yet the manager decides he no longer wants him and does not have the decency to tell the player first.

He deserved a chance at this club mate, something he never really had, it will be a shame to see him go but if thats DJ's attitude towards him then in my opinion Warren is better off going to a club that does appreciate his services and i wish him every success in his career.

Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:39 am

I think thay should give him ago with our current threadbare squad. I like to seep players at the club come good and given a chance. Something Jones is reluctant to do.

Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:13 pm

As you know, I'm not his biggest and don't think he's good enough at this level but given our current squad size I'm more than happy for him to be our 4th striker until someone else comes in. In all honesty, the way Whittingham and Burke are playing right now, I'd even consider him our 3rd choice striker with McCormack needed to keep the wingers on their toes.

Until we get someone better in we should keep him here because he can do a hustler's job for the last 15 minutes when we need some legs out there. We need better in if we're to get promoted but until that someone better comes in, what's the point in getting rid of players we've got when we've got such a small squad?

Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:50 pm

Tonight I will sing Feeney Fenney :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: