Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" How can we not be top of this league ? "

Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:17 pm

with a squad like this we should be looking so convincing,didnt go last night i was working but i agree burnley no push over but its these games we should be showing our dominance.amazed at our lack of ability to play teams off the park :( :( :ayatollah:

Re: how can we not be top of this league

Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:20 pm

krab wrote:with a squad like this we should be looking so convincing,didnt go last night i was working but i agree burnley no push over but its these games we should be showing our dominance.amazed at our lack of ability to play teams off the park :( :( :ayatollah:

Kevin, with the Squad we have Talent/Quality etc Virtually injury Free.

We should be 10 pts clear in my opinion.

Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:26 pm

Have you seen Real Madrid's squad for the last decade or so?

How have they not won the Champions League lately?

Have you seen Chelsea's squad?

How are they not top of the Premiership and how have they never won the Champions League?

Did you see Argentina's squad in the summer?

How did they not win the world cup?

Have you seen Sheffield Wednesday's squad?

How are they not top of League One?

Did you see France's squad in South Africa?

How did they get kicked out at the first hurdle?

Precisely.

Nothing is guaranteed in football and it's attitudes like yours that see the atmosphere dying a death and the boos ring round the ground.

This isn't FIFA, Pro Evo or Roy of the fecking Rovers, this is the real bloody world.

Nothing, and I mean NOTHING, is guaranteed.

We ALL have to do our part. The players need to turn up, yes. the manager needs to make the right decisions, yes. The fans also need to be patient, and SUPPORTIVE.

It's all too obvious that people expect without giving these days though, it's evident everywhere in society - especially on giro day.

:evil:

Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:27 pm

Without slagging Dave Jones off, I know some people on here rate him and some dont. I feel if we had a better manager, with our squad, we would be top of the league by 10 points. thats just my opinion. :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:29 pm

DaveSheffield wrote:Have you seen Real Madrid's squad for the last decade or so?

How are they not top of the Premiership and how have they never won the Champions League?

Precisely.

Nothing is guaranteed in football and it's attitudes like yours that see the atmosphere dying a death and the boos ring round the ground.

This isn't FIFA, Pro Evo or Roy of the fecking Rovers, this is the real bloody world.

We ALL have to do our part. The players need to turn up, yes. the manager needs to make the right decisions, yes. The fans also need to be patient, and SUPPORTIVE.

It's all too obvious that people expect without giving these days though, it's evident everywhere in society - especially on giro day.

Ok Dave,

6 years DJ has had the job, if we fail then your really saying give him a 7th Year ?

Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:30 pm

davesheffield your post is inspired fair play mate :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:33 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Ok Dave,

6 years DJ has had the job, if we fail then your really saying give him a 7th Year ?

I don't think I said that at any point.

And cheers Saes bluebird, I'm just being realistic and not living in a world full of words like "shoulda" woulda" "coulda" as this thread is already chock full of. :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:34 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
DaveSheffield wrote:Have you seen Real Madrid's squad for the last decade or so?

Precisely.

Ok Dave,

fergie was in the man u job for six years before he did anything?

Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:35 pm

krab wrote:with a squad like this we should be looking so convincing,didnt go last night i was working but i agree burnley no push over but its these games we should be showing our dominance.amazed at our lack of ability to play teams off the park :( :( :ayatollah:

Teams like Burnley,Norwich,to name just 2 will be up there pushing to get to "The Promised Land".

It's the Palace(0-0) PNE(1-1) Sheff U (1-1),Again just to name 3 games where points have been dropped imo.
Our position in this league would look much better and we would all be feeling alot happier. :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:44 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:

Teams like Burnley,Norwich,to name just 2 will be up there pushing to get to "The Promised Land".

It's the Palace(0-0) PNE(1-1) Sheff U (1-1),Again just to name 3 games where points have been dropped imo.
Our position in this league would look much better and we would all be feeling alot happier. :ayatollah:

We're in second place with Forest and QPR yet to face and only Preston away is a guaranteed defeat.

Don't try and tell me I'm not feeling happy about our prospects for the season. It's just some negative pessimists living in a coulda shoulda woulda FIFA world who are unhappy. ;)

Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:58 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Precisely.

Ok Dave,

but you have to say in those six years he has been here this club has improved massivly

Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:04 pm

thomas9990 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Precisely.

Ok Dave,

but you have to say in those six years he has been here this club has improved massivly

Honestly. No if you compare with the Wages he has splashed out and wasted on players.

Watford/Hull/Burnley/Blackpool and Stoke have All been promoted on Quarter of what DJ has Splashed out on PLayers wages.
The Jacks challenge on peanut wages compared to ours.
No I expect Promotion This Time and I will be stunned if People what him to stay on if we fail.

Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:10 pm

IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Precisely.

Ok Dave,

fergie was in the man u job for six years before he did anything?

Yep SIR ALEX is lucky he weren't at Cardiff for those 6 years he would have been hung drawn and f*cking quartered :lol:

Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:12 pm

Precisely.

i dont know about giro day,never done it and im 47.(nearly :oops: )but to the other teams they all seem to have problems behind closed doors,maybe the same with ours.i am not being negative and not giving the team a chance as i think you have made that opinion of me,but stand back look at the names in this team if we have no backroom issues,or managerial you would say we should be flying :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:14 pm

Precisely.

and just to let you know,am a season ticket holder,with my boy and daughter :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:16 pm

krab wrote:i dont know about giro day,never done it and im 47.(nearly :oops: )but to the other teams they all seem to have problems behind closed doors,maybe the same with ours.i am not being negative and not giving the team a chance as i think you have made that opinion of me,but stand back look at the names in this team if we have no backroom issues,or managerial you would say we should be flying :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

No, I wouldn't.

Because I know that this is football and nobody in this game has a god given right to anything.

We all have to pull together and work hard for it, we have to be patient, we have to be supportive, but we certainly can't be as expectant and as pressurising as so many people are both on here and in the stadium on the day.

You say we SHOULD be flying. Again, conditional tense, and those conditions haven't happened. So we're left with the REALITY.

Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:22 pm

DaveSheffield wrote:
krab wrote:i dont know about giro day,never done it and im 47.(nearly :oops: )but to the other teams they all seem to have problems behind closed doors,maybe the same with ours.i am not being negative and not giving the team a chance as i think you have made that opinion of me,but stand back look at the names in this team if we have no backroom issues,or managerial you would say we should be flying :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

No, I wouldn't.

Because I know that this is football and nobody in this game has a god given right to anything.

We all have to pull together and work hard for it, we have to be patient, we have to be supportive, but we certainly can't be as expectant and as pressurising as so many people are both on here and in the stadium on the day.

You say we SHOULD be flying. Again, conditional tense, and those conditions haven't happened. So we're left with the REALITY.

do you in all honesty look at that squad and not think jesus what a team,i was not demanding anything but feel that we as a team should be sittng pretty chuckling at the rest of the pack,as opposed to being in it being laughed at,and who the f@ck are sheffield wednesday :D :D :ayatollah:

Re: " How can we not be top of this league ? "

Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:25 pm

I agree with Krab, I had a Burnley fan with us last night, travelled down and when we were talking about our Squad to him in The Ninian, He was stunned by the talent we had compared to them.

Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:33 pm

krab wrote:
DaveSheffield wrote:

No, I wouldn't.

do you in all honesty look at that squad and not think jesus what a team,i was not demanding anything but feel that we as a team should be sittng pretty chuckling at the rest of the pack,as opposed to being in it being laughed at,and who the f@ck are sheffield wednesday :D :D :ayatollah:

Should, should, should.

But we're not.

Reality bites, this is football and NOBODY gets what they deserve otherwise the likes of Joey Barton and Alan Smith would be paraplegics unable to wipe their own arses.

And Sheffield Wednesday have by far and away the best squad on paper in league one, and they're now about 15th and floundering.

Who's laughing at us exactly?

That's one hell of a persecution complex there.

Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:34 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I agree with Krab, I had a Burnley fan with us last night, travelled down and when we were talking about our Squad to him in The Ninian, He was stunned by the talent we had compared to them.

I'm stunned by the talent Chelsea have compared to Bolton, but have you seen the Premiership table this season??

Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:48 pm

Vince Alms Comments usually always positive

Vince Alm
Lazy bunch of twats
Following the same pattern as previous seasons I'm afraid, difference is there are more teams involved this year if we lose at forest, leicester is a massive game also hull for playoff position, both teams got good squads also burnley in the mix still. The players do not work hard enough consistently to win enough games

Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:50 pm

Ok Dave,

6 years DJ has had the job, if we fail then your really saying give him a 7th Year ?[/quote]

but you have to say in those six years he has been here this club has improved massivly[/quote]

Honestly. No if you compare with the Wages he has splashed out and wasted on players.

Watford/Hull/Burnley/Blackpool and Stoke have All been promoted on Quarter of what DJ has Splashed out on PLayers wages.
The Jacks challenge on peanut wages compared to ours.
No I expect Promotion This Time and I will be stunned if People what him to stay on if we fail.[/quote]
i agree with you but the way the club has improved over the years since he has been here is good but if he dont get us up then i agree with you he has to go

Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:27 pm

Precisely.

Possibly the most sensible post I've seen on this forum.It tickles me to see so many expert fans trying to tell the manager how to run the football team,just like a hospital porter telling a surgeon how to do his job.

Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:32 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

10 points clear ? You're always saying that but it doesn't happen in football these days !

Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:33 pm

Precisely.

Great post - agree with everything !

Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:38 pm

Because they've focused upon getting in stars, a squad of talented individuals rather than players working as a teram, fitting into a system.

Not top of the prem due to an aging squad with plenty of weaknesses. Only a tulip would believe their squad was ever better than that of others in the CL.

Clue; who was the coach for them? Someone who in twenty plus games picked over one hundred players, nearly had to play in a qualifier to get to the WC, in one game picking a 3-3-1-3 formation...

You're vastly overrating their squad.

I honestly don't know. It's not like Anelka abused the coach and sulked, half the squad fell out with each other or got chopsy leading to the fitness coach walking out, was it?

So all the scenarios you're throwing out there each have fundamental flaws within them.

Nothing is guaranteed. Using that as an excuse to conveniently evade any criticism of DJ is somewhat silly.

Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:56 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

:?
Sorry but i've also seen you say that many of our players are not good enough

Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:49 pm

brilliantbluebirds09 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

:?
Sorry but i've also seen you say that many of our players are not good enough

Where Please bring it up ?

Other than Naylor :lol: :lol:

Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:03 pm

DAVID JONES

Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:43 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:

DAVID JONES

tend to agree :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: