Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:53 pm

What do you want the formula to do?

Re: Any one any good with Excel ????

Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:57 pm

simple one like =sum(A2*B4-F3)
or one a lot harder =average(A1,B1,C1,D1/Z6 *F1)+(A2+A3) type like

Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:58 pm

Just to carry forward a value from one sheet to another. If it's changed on the orginal sheet I want the second one to update.

Any ideas ??

Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:00 pm

=VLOOKUP(A18,Sheet1!B:G,6,0)-F18
will be along the lines of this i think :)

Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:00 pm

Fire away - what's the formula ?

Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:01 pm

I was on a level 2 course last week, but as I dont use Excel a lot it was a bit over my head ( abit like Willie Andersons crosses in the 70s). Still I have a handout with some formulas in it so if I can help what are you looking for? :?:

Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:02 pm

Cheers Buddy.

Will give it a go !

Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:09 pm

Jimbo1927 wrote:Just to carry forward a value from one sheet to another. If it's changed on the orginal sheet I want the second one to update.

Any ideas ??

Paste special formulas

Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:13 pm

Select the cell you want to bring the content to - click the formula button - select the tab you want to bring the Content from - select the cell in that tab you want to pull the content from - press enter

Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:20 pm

I used google to teach myself the formulas I need when using Excel :)

Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:24 pm

If you click on the cell and type = then go to the spreadsheet with the original value in it and click the cell you'll have the formula set up.

However, if you update the original value while the second spreadsheet is open it will automatically update. If you have the second spreadsheet closed you will need to click update links when you open it if the original spreadsheet has changed, saved and been closed. If someone else has opened up the original spreadsheet while you have the second one open and changed the value it won't update unless you reopen the second spreadsheet or go to Edit -> Links -> Update Links assuming you are in an old version of Excel and you have an Edit tab on the menu at the top (alternatively pressing F5 may update the links to the original spreadsheet).

Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:49 pm

Cheers lads !

Sorted !