Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

It's a funny old game...

Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:16 pm

If Scunthorpe hold on to beat Forest tonight, and we can get something against them on Saturday we would have to fancy ourselves as automatic promotion contenders, and will be in the driving seat with by far the easier run in for the remainder of the season.

After the doom and gloom or our poor run, we've emerged on an unbeaten streak still pressing at the very top of the league!

Never was a truer word spoken - Football, it's a funny old game!

:P

Re: It's a funny old game...

Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:18 pm

pauly_gee wrote:If Scunthorpe hold on to beat Forest tonight, and we can get something against them on Saturday we would have to fancy ourselves as automatic promotion contenders, and will be in the driving seat with by far the easier run in for the remainder of the season.

After the doom and gloom or our poor run, we've emerged on an unbeaten streak still pressing at the very top of the league!

Never was a truer word spoken - Football, it's a funny old game!

:P

Its a Funny old game.

I Love the phrase.

Re: It's a funny old game...

Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:22 pm

just caught up on Glammy's sticky about the run in of games - i have to say, i feel very optomistic looking at those around us and the games they have remaining.

Leaving the ground yesterday I felt like we'd lost the game - on reflection a draw was more than a fair result. It's a good thing when you're picking up points and feeling like you've lost - such is the expectation of City fans i guess!

Put a string of results together (like Leicester) and we can take top spot - come on City!!!!

:ayatollah: