Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

JET - Against Watford, and Burnley

Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:49 pm

When we played Watford, after nearly surrendering our lead, a lot of fans praised JETs ability to slow the ball down. Almost 'timewaste', if you will. Many said that if we had him against Norwich, we could've seen out the end of the match.

I'd tend to agree with this pretty obvious observation.

This leaves me wondering. If anyone and their dog can see that this would be a good move to utilise when clawing on to a 1-0 lead, then why was he not put on? He would have slowed the ball down considerably, at the same time giving him a chance to rectify his confidence.

Re: JET - Against Watford, and Burnley

Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:23 pm

totally agree...he should have been on for last 20 mins.....

Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:32 pm

I agree. I was saying to my mates that we should bring JET on.

Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:37 pm

I would prefer to go for the second goal and put the game to bed, so to speak. Hate it when we seem to hang on to a lead rather than try and get another goal.

Against Burnley, I would have taken Whitts off and put Bellers out wide and swapped JB with Parking.
Just an opinion. :!:

Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:40 pm

Uncle Fester wrote:I would prefer to go for the second goal and put the game to bed, so to speak. Hate it when we seem to hang on to a lead rather than try and get another goal.

Against Burnley, I would have taken Whitts off and put Bellers out wide and swapped JB with Parking.

myself and a lot of other fans ive spoke to agree with that,bellamy up top against 2 massive CBs is a waste of time and i was amazed when DJ put him up there

Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:39 pm

Uncle Fester wrote:I would prefer to go for the second goal and put the game to bed, so to speak. Hate it when we seem to hang on to a lead rather than try and get another goal.

Don't get me wrong Fester, I would've definitly put bellamy on for whitts on the wing as well. If Quinn hadn't come off, then parkin on for jay and jet on for burkey near the end. I just think with the pressure we were under, jet might've helped. Quinn getting injured messed it all up.