Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

From a shaky defence to a shaky midfield

Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:10 pm

We finally (despite last nights near post headed corner ggrrr!!!) seem to have a settled defence capable of holding its own (famous last words!) The one area that has come in for most criticism this season in its various permitations has finally started performing since Keinans arrival and Naylors 'injury'.

But all the while I have always felt the midfield four have not been far behind in terms of concern, they are Ramsey aside underperforming and with Rambo probably leaving soon its a big worry. They are being outpassed outmuscled and second with posession. Oli is hit and miss, Burke strangely predictable and nowhere near the heights of last season and Whitts the odd long range pass aside, in periods a passenger. They have been outperformed by lesser teams with lesser known players and are simply not supplying our frontline hence the recent lack of goals compared to earlier in the season, when all seemed well.

Is it time for 4-5-1, is it time for Mcphail to come back in, personally I think DJ needs to fight hell or high water for a loan midfielder with good fitness, and a box to box mentality who can step in when Rambo leaves, someone who can supply our frontline with the ammo they thrive on, last season Chops was constantly through on goal. Easier said than done I know in the crazy world of loans, agents and so on, and I know not everyone will agree with me, but thats what forums are for right? Thoughts please....

Cheers Scunny!
:ayatollah:

Re: From a shaky defence to a shaky midfield

Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:12 pm

brown from portsmouth i reckon!! :ayatollah: