Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Bad time to play Preston

Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:06 pm

With Scunny opening up a 5 point gap between them and bottom side Preston it could be the worst time to play Preston who'll be scrapping for their lives to stay in touch with rest of the league. Who are their nest two games against? none other than QPR then Notts Forest.

Re: Bad time to play Preston

Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:11 pm

stroake wrote:With Scunny opening up a 5 point gap between them and bottom side Preston it could be the worst time to play Preston who'll be scrapping for their lives to stay in touch with rest of the league. Who are their nest two games against? none other than QPR then Notts Forest.

Come on PNE!!! :D :D :D

Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:19 pm

you would hope that preston wouldnt lose both matches, i mean they have to pick up points at some stage. just 1 draw, against forest preferably, would be fantastic

Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:22 pm

:lol: :lol:

Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:36 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:Image

:D :D :Dthat tickle me

Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:06 pm

Thought I'd throw my 2p worth in Bob :lol:

Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:13 pm

I think its more of a case of bad time to have QPR then Forest for Preston
:ayatollah:

Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:22 pm

ashccfc wrote:I think its more of a case of bad time to have QPR then Forest for Preston

Would agree with you ash.

To be honest we have a shocking record against Preston at Deepdale over the years in general but I fancy our class to overcome them. They are at home so you would think they would have to come out & play in front of they're home fans rather than park the proverbial bus & if they do we will muller them. But as we've seen this week its a funny old league.

How do you fancy your chances at the City ground? I'd say it has a draw written all over it.

Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:33 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:
ashccfc wrote:I think its more of a case of bad time to have QPR then Forest for Preston

Would agree with you ash.

To be honest we have a shocking record against Preston at Deepdale over the years in general but I fancy our class to overcome them. They are at home so you would think they would have to come out & play in front of they're home fans rather than park the proverbial bus & if they do we will muller them. But as we've seen this week its a funny old league.

How do you fancy your chances at the City ground? I'd say it has a draw written all over it.

Either a draw or someone will nick it at the death, we are two teams who tend to switch off at the end

Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:47 pm

They will be fighting for their jobs and livelihoods :D :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:17 pm

Forest are not actually that good a team I thought. We just didn't perform on the day & I've seen much better this season in, Portsmouth, Cardiff, Burnley, Watford & Leeds so if you are on form you can put one over on them although I'm hoping for a draw from a selfish point of view :D

Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:08 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:Forest are not actually that good a team I thought. We just didn't perform on the day & I've seen much better this season in, Portsmouth, Cardiff, Burnley, Watford & Leeds so if you are on form you can put one over on them although I'm hoping for a draw from a selfish point of view :D

One thing we were not in our last game was on form :?

Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:02 pm

stroake wrote:With Scunny opening up a 5 point gap between them and bottom side Preston it could be the worst time to play Preston who'll be scrapping for their lives to stay in touch with rest of the league. Who are their nest two games against? none other than QPR then Notts Forest.

i think it might be a touch to early for these teams to start scrapping for points,,,, with ,what, 18 games left?, there managers are telling them, we can do it, we can still, do this and that, i think about 7 games from the end of season do these teams start scrapping. thats when they realise there going down maybe,,,,,, at present, 50 odd points available the panick hasnt set in yet,,end of season there will be shock results,,,,,,,,,,,, just my way of thinking?/

Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:10 pm

As far as Cardiff City FC is concerned, any time is a Bad time to play anyone. They hate us,,,,,,they really do hate us!

Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:21 pm

seems like every team we play against of late is a bad time to play them lmao if our players want promtion then they have to go out and put teams away like that know matter when we play them :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:41 pm

What was that about straws QPR? I'm not sure you'll go up automatically with the likes of us, Forest, Leicester chasing you down. your wobbling big time!! Tricky Ipswich side next.

Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:12 pm

Also dont we play them 4 games before the end of the season at deepdale..
That wont be good as we never do well in preston and they will be fighting against relegation

Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:42 am

stroake wrote:What was that about straws QPR? I'm not sure you'll go up automatically with the likes of us, Forest, Leicester chasing you down. your wobbling big time!! Tricky Ipswich side next.

Can't say I'm quaking in my boots stroake to be fair.

We have lost 3 all season compared to your what 9 or 10? What's the chance of losing the same again in the last 14 games? Slim to none would be my bet.

Yes we have very hard games coming up with Ipswich & Boro away but we've been top for the whole season bar one week so its not like we are there by fluke. We are the best team in the division the table doesn't lie so as long as we keep picking up points on the road I feel our home form will see us through.

Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:51 am

Stan-QPR wrote:
stroake wrote:What was that about straws QPR? I'm not sure you'll go up automatically with the likes of us, Forest, Leicester chasing you down. your wobbling big time!! Tricky Ipswich side next.

Can't say I'm quaking in my boots stroake to be fair.

We have lost 3 all season compared to your what 9 or 10? What's the chance of losing the same again in the last 14 games? Slim to none would be my bet.

Yes we have very hard games coming up with Ipswich & Boro away but we've been top for the whole season bar one week so its not like we are there by fluke. We are the best team in the division the table doesn't lie so as long as we keep picking up points on the road I feel our home form will see us through.

There are alot of twists and turns ahead-personally i'd rather be in QPRs shoes as would every other club in the league.

However Leicester are on a hell of a run as are Forest. CCFCare capable of winning 7 or 8 on the bounce. Watford could come good again. Burnley, Ipswich and Hull could enter playoffs with good runs. QPR could easily lose a couple of good players to injury (as could any1).

My end of season Top 6 prediction is as follows

Forest
CCFC
QPR
Leicester
Leeds
Norwich

Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:44 pm

are people still predicting cardiff to finish in the top two? and still claiming qpr will miss out? :?

cant see either myself

Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:41 am

Stan-QPR wrote:Image

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:18 pm

Oh was I right? Preston draw against top two teams at the time of my initial message. Still a bad time to play them - they'll beat somebody soon enough.