Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

JOHN BISHOP SHOW TONIGHT

Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:55 am

Absolutely top drawer, funniest show I've been to without a joke being told, it's a bit strange to think of sitting through two hours of comedy with no jokes, but it was the quickest two hours I've ever spent at a show, the time just flew.
All his stories were based around his life and experiences and so true to life, he was so relaxed and down to earth and very humble and grateful for the success he's had in the short time he's been out there so to speak.

Eighteen months ago he did a gig in the foyer bar at the st Davids hall and now he's doing an arena sell out tour.
He did a great meet and greet with my daughter during the interval and it made her feel so special and gave her a real lift, she was like a five year old at Christmas when she came from back stage.

Big thanks John, you made an old dad a happy and proud man tonight and made my little girl feel like a princess.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: JOHN BISHOP SHOW TONIGHT

Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:00 am

Great stuff, glad you enjoyed it, he's one of few comedians I'd like to see.

Awesome that your daughter had a great time and met him, all the best to her.

Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:01 am

warms my cockles :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:04 am

Brilliant , so glad you all had a great night ! :D

Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:55 am

Im so pleased it all went well for you both, he sounds a top man,Well done Gwyn :D

Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:31 am

Great stuff so glad it made your daughters and your night ...top fella bishop :P

Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:06 am

glad you and your daughter enjoyed it. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

i have got his latest dvd and there arnt jokes as such in it like you say. he talks about his life, his kids, and passion for liverpool, and the time he played with dalglish in a charity game at anfield. and its brilliant because while its funny, nearly all of us can relate to it. good on him :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:53 am

Always come across as a really nice fella.

Delighted to see him getting the success he deserves.

Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:37 am

Sounds like a top bloke and full credit to him for taking time to meet your Daughter who i pray will get over her latest setback and get back to full health :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:38 pm

Yeh I watched him for his DVD recording at the empire in Liverpool. He doesnt really tell jokes as you say, he just puts a funny twist on his life. Top bloke.

Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:31 pm

Someone once said that the best humour comes from ones own life experiences. This is very true and the reason people like John Bishop and Billy Connolly are so funny, as you say, they never tell jokes as such, it's more like observational humour.

Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:01 pm

i jus bought 3 tickets for his gig tonite.

Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:22 pm

BigGwynram wrote:Absolutely top drawer, funniest show I've been to without a joke being told, it's a bit strange to think of sitting through two hours of comedy with no jokes, but it was the quickest two hours I've ever spent at a show, the time just flew.
All his stories were based around his life and experiences and so true to life, he was so relaxed and down to earth and very humble and grateful for the success he's had in the short time he's been out there so to speak.

Eighteen months ago he did a gig in the foyer bar at the st Davids hall and now he's doing an arena sell out tour.
He did a great meet and greet with my daughter during the interval and it made her feel so special and gave her a real lift, she was like a five year old at Christmas when she came from back stage.

Big thanks John, you made an old dad a happy and proud man tonight and made my little girl feel like a princess.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I was there last night and i have to agree with you, i thought he was superb, went to watch Peter Kaye the other day but i found John Bishop much better. :ayatollah:

Great to hear about your daughter meeting him and enjoying so much to Gwyn. :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:23 pm

Hope it was all your daughter expected and more Gwyn. :ayatollah: