Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" I WAS REALLY HOPING DARCY BLAKE HAD "

Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:32 pm

" I WAS REALLY HOPING DARCY BLAKE HAD SORTED HIMSELF OUT "

We had been told that Darcy had a new girlfriend, had settled down since coming back from Plymouth, cut his drinking down etc. Carl even put it in his update. His Football had certainly improved.

Then last Sunday Night he gets arrested for and Bailed for Criminal Damage/Drunk at 12.15am last Sunday in Blackwood.
I wonder what DJ will do.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=36571

Re: " I WAS REALLY HOPING DARCY BLAKE HAD "

Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:33 pm

Forever Blue wrote:" I WAS REALLY HOPING DARCY BLAKE HAD SORTED HIMSELF OUT "

We had been told that Darcy had a new girlfriend, had settled down since coming back from Plymouth, cut his drinking down etc. Carl even put it in his update. His Football had certainly improved.

Then last Sunday Night he gets arrested for and Bailed for Criminal Damage/Drunk at 12.15am last Sunday in Blackwood.

put naylor before him again now :shock:

Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:39 pm

its unfortunate that darcy seems to get drawn to the wrong people, what has really annoyed me about this is we had a game on the tues night and hes out pissed up only a few days before, very unproffessional in my opinion, if he doesnt sort himself out he will be playing in the welsh league :evil:

Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:41 pm

Such a shame, he was easily our most improved players last season, started this season fantastically and has come back into form now at the right time. All this reflected in international call ups.

Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:41 pm

i dont think dave jones can do anything at the moment as he has not been convicted of anything he is on police bail just like craig bellamy he can not treat one player diffrent to another so intill he is proven guilty he has done nothing wrong so let hope it is all sorted out soon

Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:05 pm

Hasn't done any harm at all he came on Tues.

Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:10 pm

BluBluBluArmy wrote:Hasn't done any harm at all he came on Tues.

And showed, yet again, a spectacular inability to pass the ball to a player in the same shirt.

Which is a bit of a blow if you're a professional footballer.

Yes, he tackles hard. He's a league one player, at best.

Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:25 pm

Keep picking him[on the bench ]just like Craig

Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:29 pm

nerd wrote:

And showed, yet again, a spectacular inability to pass the ball to a player in the same shirt.

Doesn't help when you've got Whittingham playing in front of you. No movement and will never go out of his way to receive the ball.

Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:34 pm

Thought he was good against the jacks but dyer against burnley

Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:44 pm

blooobirds wrote:
nerd wrote:

Doesn't help when you've got Whittingham playing in front of you. No movement and will never go out of his way to receive the ball.

Whitts in my opinion has been awful lately and over all this season, well below his normal standard.

Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:53 pm

I might be wrong, but this is only one incident. Bit soon to be saying he's a drunken thug, isn't it?

I think people can be a bit quick to highlight the negative.

Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:20 pm

What really pisses me off with footballers, is that they demand huge wages and they receive them because it's argued by their agents and the football world that they are 'different' and 'unique' from the rest of us and so deserve it. They get the best of everything when they become professionals, yet they go and abuse it time and time again. They behave like any ordinary guy, who pretty much has to get pissed up from time to time in order to put up with the ordinary mundane job and life that they lead! Yet, the footballer who is given everything has to throw it back in peoples faces and behave like a knob! makes me really angry :twisted: Rant over!

Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:30 pm

blooobirds wrote:
nerd wrote:

Blake in every single game gives the ball away incredibly cheaply.

Whitts in front has zero to do with it, he was every bit as bad with Burke.

The guy can't pass a ball to save his life. Fact.

Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:38 pm

SteW wrote:I might be wrong, but this is only one incident. Bit soon to be saying he's a drunken thug, isn't it?

I think people can be a bit quick to highlight the negative.

No one has said that, but before he went to Plymouth he was well known to be out drunk on many many occasions,I know he had tried to put all that behind him. Just sad that todays Echo is about him being Drunk and on Bail for Criminal Damage.

Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:10 pm

oh so thats why he gave the ball away about 5 times on tuesday against burnley recovering from the fookin hangover!! :x

sunday drinking they were the days!! :D

Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:47 pm

total idiot! Hes showing a total lack of respect towards the fans his fellow players and dj with his actions, wouldnt blame dj if he bins him, although i hope dj dosent, and gives him a father son type talking to instead lol

Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:25 pm

mr'mogreenz wrote:

total idiot! Hes showing a total lack of respect towards the fans his fellow players and dj with his actions, wouldnt blame dj if he bins him, although i hope dj dosent, and gives him a father son type talking to instead lol

So its ok for bellamy to do it? :? :?

Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:39 pm

The sad thing is with Darceys private life he is a league 1 player as said above at best. If he was say in the mold of Ryan Giggs in terms of how he behaves off the pitch he could be a Premiere player. That is sad we have seen it time and time again the worst being our Leon. But it is up to Darcey at the end of the day, but i will fear he will turn 30 with massive regrets because he didn't fulfill his potential. And lets not kid ourselves the Lad isn't playing well at the moment apart from the Jacks game. Come on Darcey you are living the dream only the rest of us on here could only wish/dream for.

Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:55 am

Pinster25 wrote:
mr'mogreenz wrote:

no, not at all m8, players are payed top muney to represent the fans and club, the least they can do is behave themselves, especialy when we have a real good chance of promtion, the last thing we-our club needs is distractions and more bad publicity, and i dnt realy whats gone on with bellamy in chippy street was it? Just what ive read on here, but bellamy of all people should knw better than to let himself get into thoughs kinds of situations, weather its was his fault or not, hes our captain after all :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:59 am

Pinster25 wrote:
mr'mogreenz wrote:

I agree not at all and Disappointed in both of them, BUT I Will Be Supporting both of them when they put the Shirts on of Cardiff City, I hope you will be to :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: