Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Annis read this

Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:24 pm

I am not 1 to have ago at the other board but this was posted on there funniest thing i have read, what planet is this guy on.

Got thinking recently, after the much deserved appeal for the Fred Keenor statue, would anyone on the forum begrudge Dave Jones a statue one day in the future if he takes us up?
He'd deserve it in my eyes, whether he got promotion or not, just for the FA Cup final appearance in 2008, but yet he's still not won some of our "support" over. Would a promotion finally confirm his place in the Cardiff City hall of greats? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Re: Annis read this

Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:26 pm

If he manages to take us up he will be legend but he wont be getting a statue quite yet

Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:28 pm

Ebbw Blue wrote:I am not 1 to have ago at the other board but this was posted on there funniest thing i have read, what planet is this guy on.

Got thinking recently, after the much deserved appeal for the Fred Keenor statue, would anyone on the forum begrudge Dave Jones a statue one day in the future if he takes us up?
He'd deserve it in my eyes, whether he got promotion or not, just for the FA Cup final appearance in 2008, but yet he's still not won some of our "support" over. Would a promotion finally confirm his place in the Cardiff City hall of greats? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Darren
I am not going to snipe at the other Mb, BUT SURELY THIS IS THE JOKE OF THE CENTURY :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

He is a statue already at every home/away game.
He has been paid nearly £6 million so far and has Won us nothing.

Great managers Win Trophies/promotions :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:31 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Ebbw Blue wrote:I am not 1 to have ago at the other board but this was posted on there funniest thing i have read, what planet is this guy on.

I am not going to snipe at the other Mb, BUT SURELY THIS IS THE JOKE OF THE CENTURY :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Great managers win trophies with clubs the size of Cardiff? :lol:

What have you been expecting FA cups or league cups or maybe a europa league? The only thing we can realistically expect Cardiff to win in the near future is promotion to the premier league, we could have moriniho or fergusson and that's still all we could realistically expect in the near future without a massive cash injection.

Don't get me wrong I don't think jones should have a statue but that criticism of him is ridiculous

Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:32 pm

If DJ gets us you can put a statue in my back garden of him.
I saw us beat Man U 3-0 in 1960 only time I've seen City in the top flight.
I was 8 years old.
Will the statue of DJ be bronze or gold?
:old:

Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:34 pm

botw2 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Tell you what botw2 you pay for his statue and stick it in your front room :lol

What have you been expecting FA cups or league cups or maybe a europa league? The only thing we can realistically expect Cardiff to win in the near future is promotion to the premier league, we could have moriniho or fergusson and that's still all we could realistically expect in the near future without a massive cash injection.

Don't get me wrong I don't think jones should have a statue but that criticism of him is ridiculous

With the wages he is on and the wages he has paid players in the last 6 years he should of won 6 promotions

Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:42 pm

Botw2

DJ gets praised by many on here and criticised by many, its all about opinions, just because were not like sheep following you, were all allowed our Different Opinions , Sorry if that upsets you :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:46 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
botw2 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:am not 1 to have ago at the other board but this was posted on there funniest thing i have read, what planet is this guy on.

Tell you what botw2 you pay for his statue and stick it in your front room :lol

Great managers Win Trophies/promotions :ayatollah: :ayatollah:[/quote

What have you been expecting FA cups or league cups or maybe a europa league? The only thing we can realistically expect Cardiff to win in the near future is
promotion to the premier league, we could have moriniho or fergusson and that's still all we could realistically expect in the near future without a massive cash injection.

With the wages he is on and the wages he has paid players in the last 6 years he should of won 6 promotions

I respectfully disagree with that :lol:

What you have to remember is while we have offered high wages we haven't shelled out for transfer fees, it's difficult to get the best players in when all you can offer is high wages as you only have loans and free available to you. Whil I agree this season will be a failure I we don't go up, other than last season we haven't really had a squad capable of competing with the top 6 teams in the division, it wasn't long ago we had Neil Ardley, Jeff Whitley and Neil Cox playing for us and even less time ago we had to play Paul Parry upfront.

Please keep the statue out of my front room :lol: as I have said I honestly don't think he deserves that, maybe a few words of praise every now and then but please no statues

Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:48 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Botw2

DJ gets praised by many on here and criticised by many, its all about opinions, just because were not like sheep following you, were all allowed our Different Opinions , Sorry if that upsets you :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I didn't say I didn't think you were entitled to your opinion just disagreeing if that's alright with you, i was trying to be respectful with my opinion as for calling me a sheep you can get fucked :lol: you don't seem to mind the sheep when they are licking your arse

Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:48 pm

Botw2

I respectfully disagree with that

What you have to remember is while we have offered high wages we haven't shelled out for transfer fees, it's difficult to get the best players in when all you can offer is high wages as you only have loans and free available to you. Whil I agree this season will be a failure I we don't go up, other than last season we haven't really had a squad capable of competing with the top 6 teams in the division, it wasn't long ago we had Neil Ardley, Jeff Whitley and Neil Cox playing for us and even less time ago we had to play Paul Parry upfront.

Please keep the statue out of my front room as I have said I honestly don't think he deserves that, maybe a few words of praise every now and then but please no statues
botw2

No because him and THE RIDDLER WERE IN IT TOGETHER and LIVED LIKE KINGS, I HAVENT FORGOT :evil: :evil:

Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:50 pm

Please keep the statue out of my front room as I have said I honestly don't think he deserves that, maybe a few words of praise every now and then but please no statues
botw2

No because him and THE RIDDLER WERE IN IT TOGETHER and LIVED LIKE KINGS, I HAVENT FORGOT :evil: :evil:

I must say his relationship with the Riddler was very suspicious but I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for now, he did seem generally upset when he didn't get the golden ticket money for players

Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:53 pm

botw2 wrote:

botw2

I must say his relationship with the Riddler was very suspicious but I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for now, he did seem generally upset when he didn't get the golden ticket money for players

He Never ever really apologised to the fans, never once spoke out when the Riddler was here, they were like glued twins.

Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:53 pm

You could say on one hand he was being sneaky on the other professional but I don't know the facts on PR's and DJ's relationship or what happened with the golden ticket fiasco but I do know what has gone on, on the pitch and how we are doing at the moment, I have criticised him this season but at the moment we are on a good run of form and I find it difficult to criticise any decisions he has made this last couple of months and I do think it is niave to say he definitely should have won promotion up until this season. This season I think going up should be the minimum of our expectations and I will be disappointed if we don't go up and then I think it is time for jones to move on, I apologise if you think this is the opinion of a sheep but it's my opinion and as you always say if you don't like it don't read it

Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:06 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Darren

Arsen Wenger has won nowt in 6 years ? Just food for thought :)

Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:53 pm

NIBluebird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Darren

How can you compare Wengner with NO PLAN B DJ :lol: :lol: :lol:

9 WINS OUT OF 114 GAMES IN THE LAST 6 YEARS WHEN CARDIFF CITY HAVE GONE 1 NIL DOWN.

Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:56 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Darren

Annis, DJ did not write his own contract like Riddler did but DJ had it offered and he gladly accepted, who wouldn't ?

And with regards to DJ never winning a trophy, you are wrong I am sorry to say, DJ won the Algarve Cup :D
:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:59 pm

£6 MILLION :shock: :shock: when you put it like that, It really is astonishing :o ......I personally think if he doesn't get us promoted with this squad then he'll be gone, but you know what, I don't really think he gives a toss. :twisted:

Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:00 pm

carlccfc wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Darren

Annis, DJ did not write his own contract like Riddler did but DJ had it offered and he gladly accepted, who wouldn't ?

And with regards to DJ never winning a trophy, you are wrong I am sorry to say, DJ won the Algarve Cup :D
:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I was there and waited for half hr after the final Whistle and NO CUP EVER CAME OUT :cry: :cry:

Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:28 pm

We should have tasted promtion to the top flight already under dave jones! If he does get us promoted this season though, then it would argubley be the greatest acheviment in the histoy of our club also agrubley one of the greatest sporting days in the history of wales, dave jones will deserve more than a statue if he does acheive the dream of prem league footie in wales lol

Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:29 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
NIBluebird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:I am not going to snipe at the other Mb, BUT SURELY THIS IS THE JOKE OF THE CENTURY :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

How can you compare Wengner with NO PLAN B DJ

Point 1: Yes, it is a joke, because it was posted by another alter-ego of Baker's. If the full thread was published, then you'd see the mass opinion is the same as this board - ie. that Jones has done nothing to warrant anything of the sort yet. But then that wouldn't be any fun, would it?

Point 2: Lennie Lawrence, better manager than Dave Jones, by your reckoning.

Point 3: You can compare Wenger with Jones because neither have won anything for the last 6 years. That is the fact.