Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

AN IDEA FOR THE CANTON STAND

Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:34 pm

I hope this takes off, because i would love to see one big packed mad end that gets the whole ground going, Julian is open and looking at loads of ideas and one that I'd like to see his to create two sections let's say the North side and the South side.

We could get them to compete against each other and try and make the most noise and best chants, but obviously all join in as well for the majority of times, it would be a way of replacing the standing next to away fans that whilst problematic does help to create atmosphere and noise.

The gantry up above the canton stand would be an ideal place to have a couple of loud and prouders with megaphones winding up their respective sections to out sing the other half. I'd love the old favourite " we're the North side, we're the North side we're the North side canton stand, then the .other side comes back with we're the South side, we're the South side we're the south side Canton stand.

And then the old can you hear the South side sing no, no, can you hear the south side sing no, no blah blah blah and then they respond,

COME ON LET'S GET IT DONE AND MAKE THIS THE PLACE TO BE.

Re: AN IDEA FOR THE CANTON STAND

Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:41 pm

think i will be sat on the fence for this one :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:58 pm

will not see me in the canton stand like i said in my reply to wez 1927 iam happy where i am in the ninian stand plenty of singing there. read my reply to wez

Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:06 pm

I think the idea of a couple of people with megaphones stood in front of the canton getting the songs going like they have in european grounds is a good way of getting the atmosphere up.

Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:11 pm

megaphones are not allowed in the ground so that is a non starter

Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:17 pm

im also on the fence for this one but its good to know people are still working on the atmosphere problems. not too sure about chanting against our own fans, i like chanting at away teams too much :)

Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:21 pm

Those chants will be the extent of it, because if the club are consistant, then chants against the away fans, players and officials will be prohibited. As has been said, only way megaphones will be allowed is with clubs permission - hence not 'bad' chanting

Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:25 pm

ashccfc wrote:im also on the fence for this one but its good to know people are still working on the atmosphere problems. not too sure about chanting against our own fans, i like chanting at away teams too much :)

exactly, glad people are trying to come up with ideas but it just seems to try-hard.
we should have an atmosphere because we're cardiff city and we're passionate and loud and don't give a duck.

Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:29 pm

its all a silly idear they want you all eating prawn sarnies in the end there will be know true football fans going so keep singing your going to get your f*cking head kicked in

Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:08 pm

the jimmyscoular if sing your chant of your going to get your head kicked in is what you believe makes you a true fan i feel very sorry for you people now come to the ground as families with kids they dont want such chant and im sure that if all the chants werent littered with foul langauge more would sing,back in the dark days peolpa were driven from foot ball by houligans masquerading as fans those days have gone lets not drive the families away again

Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:42 pm

your grammar is not very good

Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:48 pm

therealjimmyscoular wrote:your grammar is not very good

And you can't spell idea Jimmy.

Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:49 pm

people dont get driven away because of the singing they stoped coming when cardiff were in the lower devisions maybe you were one off them now we are doing well you are back every ground that i go to i here fans chanting so if you dont like the chanting you dont need to go do you ??

Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:49 pm

I've got a good idea why don't those who are supposed to be running the club get their heads out of their arses and start running the football club for the supporters who pay their fecking wages, and not for some image they want to create of football that everyones comes and pays a fortune and gets told exactly what they can and can't do! They can see that the supporters haven't got the appetite for football violence any more, so stop blamimg it. All 99% want to do is stand up where ever they want to in the ground and be together with like minded supporters, and if that's next to the away fans to create the banter and atmosphere then that's where it should be. All this artificial nonsense on creating ends etc is bullshit, and not needed. Inside the ground is safe as houses, CCTV, and season ticketss, sees to that. All this crap about, crackdowns on standing up in certain areas is just that, crap. How can one section which is seated be safe standing and one not? I'm in the Ninian in 117, because I want a good view of both goals and I like to hear and have the banter, and to stand and to sing. If this club, wants to stop me supporting the team in this way, then its clearly not a club that I want to pay my hard earned to, and not a club that want me as a supporter.
People ask what would be good about having someone like Sam Hammam back at the club, well for one thing, SH wouldn't put up with all this bollocks, he would understand that there's a bit of give and take. He would want his club and stadium to be a place where clubs would fear coming to, not because of violence, but because of the passion and noise. That comes from treating people like human beings not like cattle or Robots.

Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:58 pm

great post mate

Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:21 pm

Your post is spot on and I agree completly. Been trying to express how I feel about it, but I couldn't find the words.

As for before that, a few bad words in songs didn't drive fans away - the fact the club was going nowhere, on the verge of leaving the league before Sam came in did.

If Sam came back, he would know to appreciate the true fans.

HOW ON EARTH IS IT RIGHT THAT THE CLUB DISCRIMINATE AGAINST A MINORITY OF PEOPLE, MANY OF WHOM SUPPORTED THE CLUB WHEN WE HAD AN ATTENDANCE OF 1700 AGAINST WIGAN ATHLETIC, JUST APPEASE PEOPLE NOW.

Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:23 pm

therealjimmyscoular wrote:people dont get driven away because of the singing they stoped coming when cardiff were in the lower devisions maybe you were one off them now we are doing well you are back every ground that i go to i here fans chanting so if you dont like the chanting you dont need to go do you ??

Unbelievable!

You just had a go at someone who disagreed with your views and accused them of having bad grammar , then produce this :lol:

Try looking up "stopped" , "divisions" , "hear" and the use of basic punctuation (as well as the awful grammar in most of your other posts) , otherwise isn`t it a case of "pot calling kettle black"?

Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:29 pm

since62 wrote:
therealjimmyscoular wrote:people dont get driven away because of the singing they stoped coming when cardiff were in the lower devisions maybe you were one off them now we are doing well you are back every ground that i go to i here fans chanting so if you dont like the chanting you dont need to go do you ??

Unbelievable!

You just had a go at someone who disagreed with your views and accused them of having bad grammar , then produce this :lol:

Try looking up "stopped" , "divisions" , "hear" and the use of basic punctuation (as well as the awful grammar in most of your other posts) , otherwise isn`t it a case of "pot calling kettle black"?

Just detracting from the real issue mate.

Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:42 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:
since62 wrote:

Unbelievable!

Just detracting from the real issue mate.

Not really.

This was a poster who seems to think chanting "you`re going to get your f*cking head kicked in" (and he can`t even spell that correctly :roll: )is acceptable and somehow represents a "real fan" , then thinks he has the authority to tell anyone else that doesn`t regard that as acceptable to stop coming to games , and further compounds his idiocy by accusing someone else of bad grammar when his own is appalling.

So the real issue is how much of a real fan of the club he really is.He may well have been a supporter of the club for some time (it would be interesting to know) on the basis that his views seem to be still in the dark history of football that most decent people have long since moved on from rather than remain stuck in some kind of time warp.

Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:44 pm

No generalisations there then. I better tell my 62 year old mother not to sing that ever again, because she must be a barbarist that is stuck in the past.

Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:45 pm

Great post Gwyn, would also like some drums & a bit of brass to get things really going. Also,,, what happened to the flags???

Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:43 pm

that sounds imense !!!! are you sleeping over there! your only here coz its cardiff !! microphones banners ! OMG i would love to be a part of that !

Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:34 pm

great idea, would make our club stand out so much. seen the eurpoean teams do it especially the turks. hate that people moan about the atmosphere but when people contribute their ideas, they sometimes get slated? when chanting at the other side of the stand its not a stand off where your abusing each other lol its just a way off getting as much as noise out of the fans as possible. great idea...would love to see it happen!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:37 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:No generalisations there then. I better tell my 62 year old mother not to sing that ever again, because she must be a barbarist that is stuck in the past.

Are you serious?

Under what circumstances does a 62 year old woman feel the need to chant such a thing?

Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:56 pm

People sing/chant all kinds of things. It's just a chant/song, doesn't mean people act on it.

Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:57 pm

They would end up kicking shit out of each other :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:16 am

i find it quite amazing that its come to this, that we are actualy debating how best to get an atmosphere in our stadium lmao atmospheres should come natural! Maybe the club should print a cheap leflet type thing with a few of our more easy chants, and hand them out to fans or somthing idk like :lol: i recken itl get better on its own aventualy, think a lot of it has got to do with the season itself, and the expectation of the real chance of us going up, fans are to buisy bitting there fingernails all nervous an tha to sing, i think if we did go up this season then the presure would somewhat go away, fans would relax and loosen up a bit next season and start to let it all out, enjoy themselves, and start to make an atmosphere, me personaly wouldnt want us to try and copey any europion kinda thing, although anything is better than it is now, id just like us to be original and make our own unique kind of atmosphere, how we do that i dnt know, but it might eventualy just come natural in the end :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:27 am

mr'mogreenz wrote:i find it quite amazing that its come to this, that we are actualy debating how best to get an atmosphere in our stadium lmao atmospheres should come natural! Maybe the club should print a cheap leflet type thing with a few of our more easy chants, and hand them out to fans or somthing idk like :lol: i recken itl get better on its own aventualy, think a lot of it has got to do with the season itself, and the expectation of the real chance of us going up, fans are to buisy bitting there fingernails all nervous an tha to sing, i think if we did go up this season then the presure would somewhat go away, fans would relax and loosen up a bit next season and start to let it all out, enjoy themselves, and start to make an atmosphere, me personaly wouldnt want us to try and copey any europion kinda thing, although anything is better than it is now, id just like us to be original and make our own unique kind of atmosphere, how we do that i dnt know, but it might eventualy just come natural in the end :ayatollah:

oh, and excuse the bad grammer, im still half cut lol i did notice 1 or 2 gripes about grammer mistakes in this thread so i thought id apoligize in advance, and give my reason for my piss poor spelling etc ;)

Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:19 am

mr'mogreenz wrote:
mr'mogreenz wrote:i find it quite amazing that its come to this, that we are actualy debating how best to get an atmosphere in our stadium lmao atmospheres should come natural! Maybe the club should print a cheap leflet type thing with a few of our more easy chants, and hand them out to fans or somthing idk like :lol: i recken itl get better on its own aventualy, think a lot of it has got to do with the season itself, and the expectation of the real chance of us going up, fans are to buisy bitting there fingernails all nervous an tha to sing, i think if we did go up this season then the presure would somewhat go away, fans would relax and loosen up a bit next season and start to let it all out, enjoy themselves, and start to make an atmosphere, me personaly wouldnt want us to try and copey any europion kinda thing, although anything is better than it is now, id just like us to be original and make our own unique kind of atmosphere, how we do that i dnt know, but it might eventualy just come natural in the end :ayatollah:

oh, and excuse the bad grammer, im still half cut lol i did notice 1 or 2 gripes about grammer mistakes in this thread so i thought id apoligize in advance, and give my reason for my piss poor spelling etc ;)

I have noticed many posts with very poor spelling and grammar and have thought about posting a reply pointing out the errors, however i started posting on here one night after one to many sherberts and when i read my post back it was appaling and i had to scrap it so you are excused because you are still 'half cut' :lol:

With regards the atmosphere let's get a bloody huge drum and all chant along to the beat :D

Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:02 am

RICK+CCFC wrote:Great post Gwyn, would also like some drums & a bit of brass to get things really going. Also,,, what happened to the flags???

got shot down when i suggested drums