Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: AN IDEA FOR THE CANTON STAND

Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:11 am

BigGwynram wrote:I hope this takes off, because i would love to see one big packed mad end that gets the whole ground going, Julian is open and looking at loads of ideas and one that I'd like to see his to create two sections let's say the North side and the South side.

We could get them to compete against each other and try and make the most noise and best chants, but obviously all join in as well for the majority of times, it would be a way of replacing the standing next to away fans that whilst problematic does help to create atmosphere and noise.

The gantry up above the canton stand would be an ideal place to have a couple of loud and prouders with megaphones winding up their respective sections to out sing the other half. I'd love the old favourite " we're the North side, we're the North side we're the North side canton stand, then the .other side comes back with we're the South side, we're the South side we're the south side Canton stand.

And then the old can you hear the South side sing no, no, can you hear the south side sing no, no blah blah blah and then they respond,

COME ON LET'S GET IT DONE AND MAKE THIS THE PLACE TO BE.

Great idea I'm all for it, although we should check if it's more of a case of East/West rather than North/South :lol:

Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:15 am

ashccfc wrote:
RICK+CCFC wrote:Great post Gwyn, would also like some drums & a bit of brass to get things really going. Also,,, what happened to the flags???

got shot down when i suggested drums

The idea is not a new one, i remember Leicester City fans had one during our play off game at CCS, & this raised the debate then. I for one would, at least, like to see [or hear] it given a go. At the end of the day something is better than nothing!

Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:26 am

How about this???
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JzuLKJEeTI

Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:29 am

Or this,,,,,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdWNiZha0b8

Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:36 am

The Japanese fans can teach us a thing or two!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yolGkQcJOyo

Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:04 pm

In Poland they use the megaphones quite a lot !!!! I dont see what the problem is we could become a uk leader in this field so to speak !!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:07 pm

Cefnfforestbluebird wrote:In Poland they use the megaphones quite a lot !!!! I dont see what the problem is we could become a uk leader in this field so to speak !!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Can you imagine the guys on the megaphones when we play the Jacks announcing ' altogether now You Jack Barstards' :D :lol:

Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:46 pm

BigGwynram wrote:I hope this takes off, because i would love to see one big packed mad end that gets the whole ground going, Julian is open and looking at loads of ideas and one that I'd like to see his to create two sections let's say the North side and the South side.

We could get them to compete against each other and try and make the most noise and best chants, but obviously all join in as well for the majority of times, it would be a way of replacing the standing next to away fans that whilst problematic does help to create atmosphere and noise.

The gantry up above the canton stand would be an ideal place to have a couple of loud and prouders with megaphones winding up their respective sections to out sing the other half. I'd love the old favourite " we're the North side, we're the North side we're the North side canton stand, then the .other side comes back with we're the South side, we're the South side we're the south side Canton stand.

And then the old can you hear the South side sing no, no, can you hear the south side sing no, no blah blah blah and then they respond,

COME ON LET'S GET IT DONE AND MAKE THIS THE PLACE TO BE.

I did talk about this in a post about 3/4 weeks ago, I said at the time that Wolves got a south and North end and they shout out NORTHEND , then the south shout out SOUTHEND , We Could do the same thing but We could shout CARDIFF CANTON end could call NINIAN DO :ayatollah: then the Ninian could call the same to the CANTONEND :ayatollah: