Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Champions League Final

Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:59 pm

At Wembley £150 for the neutrals. £80 cheapest ticket for fans of the teams who get there, f**k knows what the dearest are :o :o :o

Re: Champions League Final

Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:05 pm

Would expect it for the biggest club game in the world

Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:07 pm

Anyone else hate wembley?? its crap i think in the middle of nowhere

Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:12 pm

Billy Hunt. wrote:Would expect it for the biggest club game in the world

Fair point, but do you think any game is worth £150 :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:19 pm

I was just going to start a thread about this,

I dont think it is worth that kind of money i know it is such a big game but i think the pricing is ridiculous,

£176 is the cheapest with a £26 admin fee which is a joke and the highest is £300.

But can we complain we've had to pay high prices to go watch cardiff play at wembley?

Didnt UEFA also say they wanted more kids to go to more football games, do you think people will take their kids at £176 a ticket?

Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:22 pm

ccfcsam25 wrote:I was just going to start a thread about this,

I dont think it is worth that kind of money i know it is such a big game but i think the pricing is ridiculous,

£176 is the cheapest with a £26 admin fee which is a joke and the highest is £300.

But can we complain we've had to pay high prices to go watch cardiff play at wembley?

Didnt UEFA also say they wanted more kids to go to more football games, do you think people will take their kids at £176 a ticket?

Forgot about the admin fee on top, Football a working class game........I think not :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:25 pm

Yep agreed, they put them this high as they know people will go because of how big the match is,

They need to find some way of charging higher prices to recover the amount of money spent on wembley though dont they!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:35 pm

ccfcsam25 wrote:Yep agreed, they put them this high as they know people will go because of how big the match is,

They need to find some way of charging higher prices to recover the amount of money spent on wembley though dont they!

Excatly, I dread to think what the prices will be at The Olympics in 2012, To pay for that white elephant in Hackney :lol:

Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:37 pm

Id love to see a champions league final at the mill stad, roof closed, under the lights in frunt of 72 odd thousand fans would be fantastic! Im supprised the mill stad has never been given a chance, is there a reason why the millenium stad hasnt been short listed or whatever?

Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:42 pm

mr'mogreenz wrote:Id love to see a champions league final at the mill stad, roof closed, under the lights in frunt of 72 odd thousand fans would be fantastic! Im supprised the mill stad has never been given a chance, is there a reason why the millenium stad hasnt been short listed or whatever?

There was talk about the U.E.F.A final being played there a couple of years ago, not sure why the Mil Stad has never been talked about for a Champion,s League Final, knowing the Welsh F.A its probely something to do with them old farts :lol:

Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:55 pm

The olympic prices actually aint that bad i think £60 is the cheapest ticket for the football final, 3rd place playoff is in millenium stadium £30 cheapest ticket which again aint bad

Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:58 pm

ccfcsam25 wrote:The olympic prices actually aint that bad i think £60 is the cheapest ticket for the football final, 3rd place playoff is in millenium stadium £30 cheapest ticket which again aint bad

fair play thats reasonable :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:59 pm

Yep ill be applying for the 3rd place playoff when the application process starts

and a day at wimbledon mens semis, womens semis and mixed doubles on centre court for £35

Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:05 pm

blue nile wrote:
mr'mogreenz wrote:Id love to see a champions league final at the mill stad, roof closed, under the lights in frunt of 72 odd thousand fans would be fantastic! Im supprised the mill stad has never been given a chance, is there a reason why the millenium stad hasnt been short listed or whatever?

There was talk about the U.E.F.A final being played there a couple of years ago, not sure why the Mil Stad has never been talked about for a Champion,s League Final, knowing the Welsh F.A its probely something to do with them old farts :lol:

aye, it wouldnt supprise me ither m8 lmao for attmosphere, a europa or chams league final at the millenium would take some beating i recken :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:19 pm

Am I right in thinking the Europa League Final is in Dublin this year ???? :shock:

How can they get that ?

I thought the host stadium had to have all sorts of add ons like a press building, adjacent pitch, catering building, etc etc.

.....which the Millennium Stadium apparently doesn't have.

The last time I was at Landsdowne Road they had a railway under the stand...and it is still there now. I would be surprised if they had built the other facilities needed.., ??? :shock:

Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:06 pm

blue nile wrote:At Wembley £150 for the neutrals. £80 cheapest ticket for fans of the teams who get there, f**k knows what the dearest are :o :o :o

Yids and man utd in the final

Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:07 pm

barry boy wrote:Am I right in thinking the Europa League Final is in Dublin this year ???? :shock:

How can they get that ?

I thought the host stadium had to have all sorts of add ons like a press building, adjacent pitch, catering building, etc etc.

.....which the Millennium Stadium apparently doesn't have.

The last time I was at Landsdowne Road they had a railway under the stand...and it is still there now. I would be surprised if they had built the other facilities needed.., ??? :shock:

brown envelopes 8-)

Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:50 pm

the olympic prices have been releaced here the link http://www.london2012.com/documents/tic ... hedule.pdf http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-12447576

Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:58 pm

and this one for the football independentley http://media.ticketmaster.com/en-gb/img ... otball.pdf