Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

tatooist

Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:33 pm

can anyone recommend a good tatooist in or around the city centre,thanks in advance :ayatollah:

Re: tatooist

Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:37 pm

yes i know i missed a t out,before all the english teachers pick me up on it. :D

Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:14 pm

SKIN CREATION on broadway roath. my mate works in there :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:25 pm

skin creation on broadway and doc graham on tudor st are both good, abracadabra (dai fleet) in blackwood supposed to be one of the best around these ways but hell of a waiting list apparently

Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:48 pm

ned wrote:can anyone recommend a good tatooist in or around the city centre,thanks in advance :ayatollah:

Skin Creation is very good although John is a moody get :lol: If you are after Japanese style or portraits he is your man.Ask for John Treharne.I have had 3 done and all by him.

I wouldn't touch Doc Graham now personally as i have seen some of his work :o

Send Ely Trendy a pm on here as he has been to a few in Cardiff .

A good artist will charge between 65-80 pounds an hour.If they are really cheap stay away and beware :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:05 pm

see kathy at SASSYKATS she is first class,the shop is just outside caerphilly in TRETHOMAS,see her work on facebook,just type in 'SASSYKATS' she has a waiting list but it will be worth the wait :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:42 pm

or try these two one guy is a does portraits and the other guy does whatever you want they charge £55 a hour! ive got my 3 kids portrait across my chest and they only charged me £440 which is good price

http://www.physicalgraffiti.co.uk/pages/gallery1.htm

Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:13 pm

I got my full sleeve done in a small place opposite the castle in Cardiff. He's only young but the best tattoos I have had it's called silverhand. He's much better then skin creation and doc Graham in my opinion

Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:17 pm

Ive had a couple done by dai fleet(abracadabra) and chris jones at physical graffiti on city road. Both are shit hot. I had to wait 6 months for dai fleet though. :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:22 pm

I know its not City centre but Pleasure and Pain in Aberdare are excellent

Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:39 pm

i got about 14 - 15 :lol: difficult to count now as they are blended in to the sleeve

started at docs, done some at skin creation, last work was at bully girl cowbridge rd ely, guy called chris who left was good he moved onto tattoo land in bridgend ? so moved over to jordan in bully girl who has done some great work for me with my star wars and super hero fettish

there are plenty of good tooists around at £50-£60 an hour anyone paying more must have plenty to burn

jordans good but has a bit of a waiting list also im deffo getting more work done by him :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:35 am

Hallett wrote:skin creation on broadway and doc graham on tudor st are both good, abracadabra (dai fleet) in blackwood supposed to be one of the best around these ways but hell of a waiting list apparently

doc graham did'nt he used to be in rhondda

Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:48 am

SASSYKATS,i have been to all of the above,but sassykats was in a dif league,she is a lovely person,makes the whole experience a joy and most importantly the work is world class,i dont say them words lightly i have had tats in vegas etc,she blows them away,get up there ned,based in bedwas- cphilly not far from cardiff.i will be re-booking very soon,cant wait all the best with your design

Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:58 am

I know its not in the City but CHAMELEON in Broad Street Barry is very good, if a bit pricey.

Apparently famous for Jonah Lomu coming over from NZ to get work done.

Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:46 am

any1 wrote:
Hallett wrote:skin creation on broadway and doc graham on tudor st are both good, abracadabra (dai fleet) in blackwood supposed to be one of the best around these ways but hell of a waiting list apparently

doc graham did'nt he used to be in rhondda

not to sure mate i've not had any work done by him myself but friends have and he's always been in riverside since then

Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:49 am

I've just booked in 4 Dai Fleet, may was the earliest app. That Sassykats that some1 mentioned looks good but there seems to be a bit of a waiting list there.

Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:48 pm

Hallett wrote:I've just booked in 4 Dai Fleet, may was the earliest app. That Sassykats that some1 mentioned looks good but there seems to be a bit of a waiting list there.

Everyone thinks there's a massive waiting list at Dai Fleet's but the wait is only really if you want him to do it. Yes his other artists also have a bit of a waiting list but they are not as long. My view is he'd only employ them if they were up to the mark, after all it's his rep that would suffer if they weren't.
If your tat is a quick small one then you might even slip in there and get it done there and then between their appointments.

Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:37 pm

Dai fleet in Blackwood has always had a great reputation Id check him out m8 :ayatollah: