Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

my mate officially world top shore angler

Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:48 pm

and yet on monday back to his building job,no fleet of luxury cars just a van,not a multi millionare or living in a mansion.its funny how different sports reward the participants so differently. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: my mate officially world top shore angler

Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:03 pm

i used to do sea angling right up untill about 5 years ago, i never liked those top fisherman, and i knew them all by face, they are arrogant bastards, many times they would go to , the top fishing spots, and if you were there already, they would cast over you and basically make you fishing trip a nightmare untill you move, believe me ive been there and done it, the people out pleasure fishing are the best guys, ,, but im sure your mate is the nice guy,, and well done to him

Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:05 pm

ninianblue wrote:i used to do sea angling right up untill about 5 years ago, i never liked those top fisherman, and i knew them all by face, they are arrogant bastards, many times they would go to , the top fishing spots, and if you were there already, they would cast over you and basically make you fishing trip a nightmare untill you move, believe me ive been there and done it, the people out pleasure fishing are the best guys, ,, but im sure your mate is the nice guy,, and well done to him

ummm cheers you have hurt my feelings,i captained the welsh team(few years ago now) and just dropped out of a very sucessful fishing team :D :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:07 pm

ninianblue wrote:i used to do sea angling right up untill about 5 years ago, i never liked those top fisherman, and i knew them all by face, they are arrogant bastards, many times they would go to , the top fishing spots, and if you were there already, they would cast over you and basically make you fishing trip a nightmare untill you move, believe me ive been there and done it, the people out pleasure fishing are the best guys, ,, but im sure your mate is the nice guy,, and well done to him

and next time keep out my bloody way :D :D

Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:17 pm

im 44 now,sorry 45, i joined the cardiff sea anglers when i was 5, , the old man of steel fishing club, gwent, i packed in fishing about 5 years ago, the old fisherman would help, you out and teach you things while on the beach, thats gone now,,, i could possibly know you by face

Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:22 pm

I know Rob Butcher and Roy Tapper (who I see down the City quite often) and a few others from sea fishing. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: Also used to fish with the Nomads course fishing too. Clive Branson (also an ex world champ) Clive Roberts, Candy etc when we used to meet in The Angel Hotel for our monthly meetings.

Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:24 pm

Uncle Fester wrote:I know Rob Butcher and Roy Tapper (who I see down the City quite often) and a few others from sea fishing. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: Also used to fish with the Nomads course fishing too. Clive Branson (also an ex world champ) Clive Roberts, Candy etc when we used to meet in The Angel Hotel for our monthly meetings.

i know roy and bobby buch well,joe arch officially world number 1 :ayatollah: and i know richy candy :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:25 pm

krab wrote:
Uncle Fester wrote:I know Rob Butcher and Roy Tapper (who I see down the City quite often) and a few others from sea fishing. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: Also used to fish with the Nomads course fishing too. Clive Branson (also an ex world champ) Clive Roberts, Candy etc when we used to meet in The Angel Hotel for our monthly meetings.

i know roy and bobby buch well,joe arch officially world number 1 :ayatollah: and i know richy candy :ayatollah:

Small world eh? :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Congrats to Joe!!! :ayatollah:

By the way, are you a peeler yet? :D :D :D

Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:27 pm

ninianblue wrote:im 44 now,sorry 45, i joined the cardiff sea anglers when i was 5, , the old man of steel fishing club, gwent, i packed in fishing about 5 years ago, the old fisherman would help, you out and teach you things while on the beach, thats gone now,,, i could possibly know you by face

im 46,fished with ivor smith gwent,and was a in the seastreaks,elysian, im kevin brown, :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:29 pm

Nice to see Joe in sea angler with a city top on :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:32 pm

krab wrote:
ninianblue wrote:im 44 now,sorry 45, i joined the cardiff sea anglers when i was 5, , the old man of steel fishing club, gwent, i packed in fishing about 5 years ago, the old fisherman would help, you out and teach you things while on the beach, thats gone now,,, i could possibly know you by face

im 46,fished with ivor smith gwent,and was a in the seastreaks,elysian, im kevin brown, :ayatollah:

A tad older at 54 :oops: but will have most prob seen you around. I have fished the comps over the forshore many moons ago. Echo seamaster points, Conger shore comps at the Knap etc. Plenty of rovers too. I have finished on the comp scene and have a boat now.

Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:33 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:Nice to see Joe in sea angler with a city top on :ayatollah:

he is a great bloke,and deserves this award :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:33 pm

did you know any of the these, winston reece, richie brown, george jones,brian travers,??

Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:34 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:Nice to see Joe in sea angler with a city top on :ayatollah:

I'll have to buy it now Baz!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:34 pm

Uncle Fester wrote:
krab wrote:

A tad older at 54 :oops: but will have most prob seen you around. I have fished the comps over the forshore many moons ago. Echo seamaster points, Conger shore comps at the Knap etc. Plenty of rovers too. I have finished on the comp scene and have a boat now.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:37 pm

Uncle Fester wrote:
krab wrote:

Small world eh? :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Congrats to Joe!!! :ayatollah:

By the way, are you a peeler yet? :D :D :D

i used to sell crabs,i used to get 500 up a week from plympton,and il peel soon when the sun comes out :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:48 pm

krab, let me tell you a little story, i was maybe 9 or 10, my old man, took me down monknash, i wasnt fishing just , trying to catch bull heads in the rockpools, i remember a big crowd gathering around a fisherman,,, ( richie brown) eventually, he pulled in a 50 pound monkfish, on 18lb line, a new welsh? maybe british? record, this big fish carried up the winding paths of the nash, up to his car, a mini coupe,,,,,,, with his fishing tackle in the small boot, the only place for this monkfish was the roof rack,,,,,,, my father was in the car infront ,as we set of for the weighing, up at the jcb plant in culver, all i remember was this big mouth fishes mouth opening and closing in the wind as i sat in the back of my dads car, so funny

Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:51 pm

ninianblue wrote:did you know any of the these, winston reece, richie brown, george jones,brian travers,??

brian travers and richie brown :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:58 pm

the best is winston reece, he packed in fishing with the cardiff sea anglers , because he won every week, took up boat fishing

Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:00 pm

a nice guy i used to go with a few years ago was paul tit, and i knew his mate robert ellis, and roberts old man brian ellis, used to se brian down the city a few times down at the ninian

Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:02 pm

ninianblue wrote:the best is winston reece, he packed in fishing with the cardiff sea anglers , because he won every week, took up boat fishing

i thought i recongnised the name,similar story with mike mather fishing stout caught and landed a big monk,took ages to beach on a rising tide,and when he decided to go he realised his shoes had been washed away and had to go home on his motor bike with chestwaders on :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:05 pm

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:13 pm

i enjoyed my fishing days , i spent hours on the south wales beaches,, but as i stated to your first post,,,, i was fishing with my mate down, ogmore deeps, and 2 guys from cardiff that i knew , came on the rock, not enough room for 4 but they came on started casting over us etc, ,, and ive been out all day digging lug down the foreshore, stayed there untill the tide came up, on cods corner, and a couple of im better than you anglers decide, im fishing here?