Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Portsmouth Away ..an APPEAL for more witnesses "

Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:35 pm

There is a lot of evidence supporting our fans who came to the rescue of three fellow fans who were severly beaten outside the good companion pub following our game earlier this season. However the case is not being dropped at the moment and what we need is more witness accounts of what happened just prior to the coach stopping to aid the fans.

If you saw anything or if you were also attacked on the way back to your cars by that mob picking off stragglers, please contact me, it is vital that all information leading up to that coach stopping is gathered to ensure the facts are known.

The CCTV footage only covers the period after the lads stopped their coach to assist the beaten fans and that is typical of our luck, however things are taking a turn for the better with more and more facts coming out and if you can help by making an honest witness statement of what you saw that day outside that pub, it will add to the defence.

Sorry to keep on about this but remember these lads are all currently banned from attending away games as part of their bail conditions and are also in danger of actually getting guilty sentences, which is unbelievable when you think about what happened that day...to a man they all say they would do the same again if they saw three middle aged blokes getting battered by a gang of thugs.

Re: Portsmouth away ..an appeal for more witnesses

Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:15 pm

corky,ain't this what dai cam wants us all to do in his big society,interviene when thugs attack someone look out for each other.what would have happened if those lads got off the bus and helped a few coppers who were being attacked,would it be the same outcome or hailed as hero on the front page of the daily scum.

Re: " Portsmouth Away ..an APPEAL for more witnesses "

Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:21 pm

Dai Cam - from the AHM?
:o

Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:22 pm

Corky,

How many of Our Fans have been Charged for it ?

Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:39 pm

Four at the moment i believe.

Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:41 pm

BigGwynram wrote:Four at the moment i believe.

Cheers Gwyn, I know the 4 well, ALL LOYAL/LONG SERVING CITY FANS :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:31 pm

I did not witness anything of the disorder, I was in a taxi trying to get to a local address I was staying at after the game. At least 15 police cars/vans many police horses were flying past and it was obvious there was some disorder going on. As my taxi did not move I jumped out early to walk. Whilst through the side streets (half a mile from the vecinty), a riot van pulled beside me and coppers thrown out an obvious Pompey fan who had been fighting and then sped off (presumably back to the pub) - This is as much as I know, from my observations of this it looked a rushed job of removing someone from the scene and then get back to the scene again, cant imagine they even had taken his details!

Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:45 am

To all those that say about our fans being thugs etc and don't have to get involved in trouble this case surely shows how good our fans can be. A coach stopping to help fellow city fans getting battered. Credit to them guys.

Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:14 pm

They need your help :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:29 pm

There was actually 4 people who were attacked. My mate, his dad, his uncle and a publandlord. pompey "fans" smacked my mates dad in the face then broke the landlords nose for no reason, then a bus load of cardiff fans arrived and then the pompey fans fucked off. :ayatollah: my mates dad is going to court tomorrow regarding this incident :ayatollah:

Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:04 am

Good luck for those in court tomorrow, wish I could give a statement to help but I wasn't there.
Hopefully the charges will end up where they belong, in the bin.