Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" FRIDAY 18th FEBRUARY 2011 UPDATE "

Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:55 pm

Aaron Ramsey is rated as very doubtful for tomorrow but Dave Jones, I understand, is going to make a decision at the very last minute to give Aaron every possibility of making the side. Aaron picked up an injury to his thigh and also on his hip against Burnley on Tuesday night.

Aaron was initially given the Wednesday off to travel to London with his girlfriend to watch the Champions League match between Arsenal and Barcelona but because of his injury and his leg feeling so stiff, he was given instruction not to travel and he actually spent the day receiving treatment.

I know that Dave Jones has recently said he hopes to keep Aaron longer than the initial one month loan but Ramsey expects to be called back to Arsenal once his fitness levels are up to scratch. I know that Aaron is more comfortable around the club than his time here before and is enjoying every minute of playing for the bluebirds but is aware that his quality needs to be playing at the highest level possible.

Whilst on the subject of Arsenal, they have a ticketing scheme that if you have a season ticket but cannot go to an upcoming game then because demand is so high for tickets, you can sell your season ticket for the said game back to the club and that is then passed back to you as an amount to spent in the club shop or food outlets in the ground or you can choose to have the money taken off next years season ticket.This is something that Cardiff City are looking at and will bring in to play next season for us. Obviously I would imagine your seat would have to be sold first before any refund could be given otherwise the club would be losing money but the idea in principal works.

In other injury news, Adam Matthews has been suffering lately with a virus that has kept him out of the match day squad but he is working back to full fitness.

Jay Bothroyd went home ill this week from training but is expected to be fit enough to play in tomorrows game.

Michael Chopra's ankle injury is worrying the club and he faces a fitness test tomorrow morning.

Paul Quinn picked up a knock on Tuesday also and he too will face a fitness test before tomorrow's game.

David Marshall is fully fit and ready to be called upon if necessary.

Young goalkeeper Reece Ottley from our academy has gone on loan to Dinas Powys in the Welsh League.

Dave Jones is standing by Darcy Blake and I understand will no take no action against him over his arrest in the week.

Against Scunthorpe at home there were only 78 Scunthorpe Fans , it was yet another Police Free game. Three were 3 Spotters on Duty including 1 from Scunthorpe but spotters are at every football match, so therefore there was no costs to Cardiff City.

These spotters don't get involved in any crowd disorder, stewards have the task of crowd control, if serious trouble occurs then yes they would get involved but then the Club would be charged costs for the policing.

Yet again there were over 3,000 at each of the last 2 home games that never turned up.

In the Family stand alone versus Burnley over 1,500 fans never turned up, the club are very worried about it and are now emailing and writing to fans rectify the situation.

The Burnley home had an away support of 418 Burnley fans including 50 Comps, there were no police for the 2nd home game in a row, that is the first time in 40 years. The club are saving themselves are small fortune through not having to pay policing costs, shows the great strides we are making.

For those who are travelling to Nottingham tomorrow there is an RV point and it is on the A453 about 3 miles after you turn off the M1 at Junction 2, the time to arrive at the RV is between 12.30 pm -2.00 pm.

Much has been said in recent months over the state of our pitch, it is now becoming a disgrace and even our players are not happy with it, but worse still I understand that the rugby are not happy either and that they want something done,I believe that meetings have taken place between the club and the Blues and City have requested the Blues to contribute towards the cost. Personally I cannot see how we can ask the Blues to pay anything towards it.

The Malaysians have been in discussions over the last 6 weeks with Sam Hammam to find a way to resolve the Langston debt, but I understand that PMG have now raised their head above the parapet and are now wanting money. PMG are aware that talks are going well between the club and Langston and as I understand it they have raised questions regarding Langston and a possible settlement. Both VT and TG are now having to deal with PMG as well as Langston. Again I believe that Langston are showing and affording VT and TG more patience.

Steve Borley is not causing any problems, yet I believe he has not received anything so far on the money that he is owed by the club. He loaned the club half a million last season for wages and another £1.5million which is still outstanding from The the Peter Ridsdale period.

Jason Koumas has recently found himself back in and around the match day squad and he really needs the fans to get behind him, JK has been through a very difficult time lately and is still working hard to get back to his best, he has said that he wants to show the City fans his best but he also needs the confidence to do so and I feel the fans need to get right behind him and show him that he has the support of each and every one of us.

DJ still wants a loan signing and is looking everyday at strengthening his defence, I expect to hear more on Danny Wilson early next week.

The Welsh FA followed what the WRU has done in the past and let every Welsh League team have hundreds of tickets each to sell, originally Wales thought they may only sell around 40,000. Cardiff City were originally allowed a few thousand tickets, each club receive a 25% commission on all sales so the benefits are huge especially to the smaller clubs. Wales have about 5,000 Gold/Silver members who will always have priority for tickets.

Wales needed to keep an eye on who had the tickets so they made a new membership (free to join but no priority) called Red Membership, this has led to anything up to 50,000 new members.

At this current moment all Clubs who had tickets to sell have now been stopped from selling them and the Welsh FA have stopped selling also as they are unsure how many tickets have actually been sold, due to thousands of new applications. In around 10 days time the Welsh FA will know where they are at and they will hopefully then have a few more thousand tickets to sell. So where others have printed that the game is a sell out, the truth is that the Welsh FA do not know how many have actually been sold so they have temporarily suspended sales, thus leading to claims of a sell out.

This season's end of season Player of the year event at the Cardiff City Stadium this Forum will be Presenting 2 trophies, Most improved player and Player of the year.

We will be having 4 Tables, price approx £50 a head. Anyone wishing to go have to pay in full before the end of March 2011.
This forum will have a members vote to determine the winners.

Nottingham Forest away is still yet to sell out and due to an error there are currently 80 tickets available to buy, any fans wishing to purchase a ticket can do so by contacting the ticket office before 10am tomorrow morning, as after 10am the unsold tickets will be returned to Forest.

My weekly column in the Echo will be in tomorrow's paper and online also, please spend a little of your time in reading it.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: STICKY : " FRIDAY 18th FEBRUARY 2011 UPDATE "

Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:01 pm

Great Update Carl :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sorry I put injury out at 5.59pm oops

Its Very very Doubtful Ramsey will play

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=37156

Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:05 pm

good update carl.

shocking about 3000 fans missing again.

cheers carl!! worrying news with regards to injuries, i hope to god chopras injury isnt serious!!

Cheers carl,mite be a bit of a daft question as im not sure how it works but would it be possible to borrow the grow lights from the millenium? :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:06 pm

Thanks, Carl....

It's nice to know wheels are turning despite the doom and gloom of some on here....

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:08 pm

Cheers Carl

Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:10 pm

I think the club owners were deluded if they thought they could deal with an UNSECURED loan (Langston) without the secured loan companies sticking their head above the parapet.

How can the FAW sell tickets and have to stop as they do not know how many they have sold. :lol: every ticket has a friggin' seat number on it and freakily they are all different numbers. Only the Welsh FA. :roll: they make me laugh.

Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:12 pm

cheers carl good stuff as always. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:13 pm

carlccfc wrote:Aaron Ramsey is rated as very doubtful for tomorrow but Dave Jones, I understand, is going to make a decision at the very last minute to give Aaron every possibility of making the side. Aaron picked up an injury to his thigh and also on his hip against Burnley on Tuesday night.

Aaron was initially given the Wednesday off to travel to London with his girlfriend to watch the Champions League match between Arsenal and Barcelona but because of his injury and his leg feeling so stiff, he was given instruction not to travel and he actually spent the day receiving treatment.

I know that Dave Jones has recently said he hopes to keep Aaron longer than the initial one month loan but Ramsey expects to be called back to Arsenal once his fitness levels are up to scratch. I know that Aaron is more comfortable around the club than his time here before and is enjoying every minute of playing for the bluebirds but is aware that his quality needs to be playing at the highest level possible.

Whilst on the subject of Arsenal, they have a ticketing scheme that if you have a season ticket but cannot go to an upcoming game then because demand is so high for tickets, you can sell your season ticket for the said game back to the club and that is then passed back to you as an amount to spent in the club shop or food outlets in the ground or you can choose to have the money taken off next years season ticket.This is something that Cardiff City are looking at and will bring in to play next season for us. Obviously I would imagine your seat would have to be sold first before any refund could be given otherwise the club would be losing money but the idea in principal works.

In other injury news, Adam Matthews has been suffering lately with a virus that has kept him out of the match day squad but he is working back to full fitness.

Jay Bothroyd went home ill this week from training but is expected to be fit enough to play in tomorrows game.

Michael Chopra's ankle injury is worrying the club and he faces a fitness test tomorrow morning.

Paul Quinn picked up a knock on Tuesday also and he too will face a fitness test before tomorrow's game.

David Marshall is fully fit and ready to be called upon if necessary.

Young goalkeeper Reece Ottley from our academy has gone on loan to Dinas Powys in the Welsh League.

Dave Jones is standing by Darcy Blake and I understand will no take no action against him over his arrest in the week.

Against Scunthorpe at home there were only 78 Scunthorpe Fans , it was yet another Police Free game. Three were 3 Spotters on Duty including 1 from Scunthorpe but spotters are at every football match, so therefore there was no costs to Cardiff City.

These spotters don't get involved in any crowd disorder, stewards have the task of crowd control, if serious trouble occurs then yes they would get involved but then the Club would be charged costs for the policing.

Yet again there were over 3,000 at each of the last 2 home games that never turned up.

In the Family stand alone versus Burnley over 1,500 fans never turned up, the club are very worried about it and are now emailing and writing to fans rectify the situation.

The Burnley home had an away support of 418 Burnley fans including 50 Comps, there were no police for the 2nd home game in a row, that is the first time in 40 years. The club are saving themselves are small fortune through not having to pay policing costs, shows the great strides we are making.

For those who are travelling to Nottingham tomorrow there is an RV point and it is on the A453 about 3 miles after you turn off the M1 at Junction 2, the time to arrive at the RV is between 12.30 pm -2.00 pm.

Much has been said in recent months over the state of our pitch, it is now becoming a disgrace and even our players are not happy with it, but worse still I understand that the rugby are not happy either and that they want something done,I believe that meetings have taken place between the club and the Blues and City have requested the Blues to contribute towards the cost. Personally I cannot see how we can ask the Blues to pay anything towards it.

The Malaysians have been in discussions over the last 6 weeks with Sam Hammam to find a way to resolve the Langston debt, but I understand that PMG have now raised their head above the parapet and are now wanting money. PMG are aware that talks are going well between the club and Langston and as I understand it they have raised questions regarding Langston and a possible settlement. Both VT and TG are now having to deal with PMG as well as Langston. Again I believe that Langston are showing and affording VT and TG more patience.

Steve Borley is not causing any problems, yet I believe he has not received anything so far on the money that he is owed by the club. He loaned the club half a million last season for wages and another £1.5million which is still outstanding from The the Peter Ridsdale period.

Jason Koumas has recently found himself back in and around the match day squad and he really needs the fans to get behind him, JK has been through a very difficult time lately and is still working hard to get back to his best, he has said that he wants to show the City fans his best but he also needs the confidence to do so and I feel the fans need to get right behind him and show him that he has the support of each and every one of us.

DJ still wants a loan signing and is looking everyday at strengthening his defence, I expect to hear more on Danny Wilson early next week.

The Welsh FA followed what the WRU has done in the past and let every Welsh League team have hundreds of tickets each to sell, originally Wales thought they may only sell around 40,000. Cardiff City were originally allowed a few thousand tickets, each club receive a 25% commission on all sales so the benefits are huge especially to the smaller clubs. Wales have about 5,000 Gold/Silver members who will always have priority for tickets.

Wales needed to keep an eye on who had the tickets so they made a new membership (free to join but no priority) called Red Membership, this has led to anything up to 50,000 new members.

At this current moment all Clubs who had tickets to sell have now been stopped from selling them and the Welsh FA have stopped selling also as they are unsure how many tickets have actually been sold, due to thousands of new applications. In around 10 days time the Welsh FA will know where they are at and they will hopefully then have a few more thousand tickets to sell. So where others have printed that the game is a sell out, the truth is that the Welsh FA do not know how many have actually been sold so they have temporarily suspended sales, thus leading to claims of a sell out.

This season's end of season Player of the year event at the Cardiff City Stadium this Forum will be Presenting 2 trophies, Most improved player and Player of the year.

We will be having 4 Tables, price approx £50 a head. Anyone wishing to go have to pay in full before the end of March 2011.
This forum will have a members vote to determine the winners.

Nottingham Forest away is still yet to sell out and due to an error there are currently 80 tickets available to buy, any fans wishing to purchase a ticket can do so by contacting the ticket office before 10am tomorrow morning, as after 10am the unsold tickets will be returned to Forest.

My weekly column in the Echo will be in tomorrow's paper and online also, please spend a little of your time in reading it.

Will be absolutely gutted if Rambo doesn't make it tomorrow. For me if that is the case Mcphail has to play, Whitts is right out of form and we need to keep the ball in the middle of the park.

Hope he don't put Bellers up front if Chops is out, hes devastating from wide. Unleash the beast with Jay I reckon, Wes Morgan won't know whats hit him!!! :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:22 pm

You might have a curve ball with the rambo injury mate :-) Might find its tendinitis he suffers with, which can flare up and disappear overnight.

Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:24 pm

Surely the company who laid the pitch have some responsibility over it, as it hasn't served its purpose because of the state it's in. It would be like buying something in a shop and it breaks down then you return it for a new one free of charge, because it didn't serve its purpose. Its the same principal.

Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:24 pm

vince.alm wrote:You might have a curve ball with the rambo injury mate :-) Might find its tendinitis he suffers with, which can flare up and disappear overnight.

Vince I Dont believe he will play tomorrow.

Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:25 pm

^ nice quote!!! NOT, anyway, great update Carl. See u in morning ;-)

Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:27 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
vince.alm wrote:You might have a curve ball with the rambo injury mate :-) Might find its tendinitis he suffers with, which can flare up and disappear overnight.

Annis, I'll be knocking your door at 8:30am - make sure the bacon butties are ready! :lol:

Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:29 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Let is be.

burke
olly
whitts
bellamy

jet, mcphail and koumas for cover :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:31 pm

Merlin wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Annis, I'll be knocking your door at 8:30am - make sure the bacon butties are ready! :lol:

:lol: :lol:

I eat 6 rolls :lol: :lol:

Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:31 pm

Didnt know Darcy was arreated???

WHY?

Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:33 pm

LutonBluebird wrote:Didnt know Darcy was arreated???

WHY?

Criminal Damage and Drunk outside a pub in Blackwood Sunday 12.15am. Bailed till a later date.

Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:34 pm

Carl does these 1,500 fans from the Family Stand include the free children which are too young to get out of the pram.I have been told that people register there new born kids,then when a big game comes up they upgrade the seat to adult and sell it .

Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:35 pm

One way of celebrating The Scunny win I guess...LOL

Silly Boy :D

Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:37 pm

BEAKERBLUE wrote:Yet again there were over 3,000 at each of the last 2 home games that never turned up.

Carl does these 1,500 fans from the Family Stand include the free children which are too young to get out of the pram.I have been told that people register there new born kids,then when a big game comes up they upgrade the seat to adult and sell it .

Hello Steve, you going to forest tomorrow. Trout and I will be there! :)

Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:38 pm

i know langstones have to be paid, but, the sooner we get rid of pmg, the better as far as i can see, if the malaysians, pay up pmg, and we do go up,,,,, we could make a killing on them fancy seats, if we did go up, i dont think pmg will give any discount, for the teams like wigan, etc, where the malaysians would?

Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:40 pm

Merlin wrote:
BEAKERBLUE wrote:Yet again there were over 3,000 at each of the last 2 home games that never turned up.

Hello Steve, you going to forest tomorrow. Trout and I will be there! :)

Hi Graig no things to do,have a nice day and say Hello to Trout :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :lol:

Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:41 pm

nice update hope chopra can make it shame about rambo :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:46 pm

Vince I am aware that he is suffering with tendinitis but he is very doubtful ( or most certainly out ) for tomorrows game because of a hip injury.

Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:57 pm

Nice one Carl :ayatollah: :ayatollah: what kind of figures are PMG looking for.. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:00 pm

The club are dealing with many who claimed a free season ticket but do not use them.

Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:04 pm

Nice one carl :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:07 pm

Great update carl