Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: STICKY : " FRIDAY 18th FEBRUARY 2011 UPDATE "

Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:43 pm

Yes, great update Carl. I had a e-mail from the club asking why I did not attend the Burnley game, it was straightforward and polite and requested me to complete a short survey, I had a valid excuse - work commitments. Not very good news on the injury front, we really need Rambo tomorrow.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:57 pm

Daniel_PT_blues wrote:Cheers carl,mite be a bit of a daft question as im not sure how it works but would it be possible to borrow the grow lights from the millenium? :ayatollah:

weird, my mum suggested this on the weekend

Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:14 pm

carlccfc wrote:
vince.alm wrote:You might have a curve ball with the rambo injury mate :-) Might find its tendinitis he suffers with, which can flare up and disappear overnight.

Vince I am aware that he is suffering with tendinitis but he is very doubtful ( or most certainly out ) for tomorrows game because of a hip injury.

Tanks for the update Carl :ayatollah: I can confirm that it is a hip problem with Rambo.

Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:31 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
vince.alm wrote:You might have a curve ball with the rambo injury mate :-) Might find its tendinitis he suffers with, which can flare up and disappear overnight.

Vince I Dont believe he will play tomorrow.

Im with you on this one Annis.Looked like everything was ok when he came off the field on Tuesday,but from what i was told today,it does not look good for tomorrow.

Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:42 pm

Daniel_PT_blues wrote:Cheers carl,mite be a bit of a daft question as im not sure how it works but would it be possible to borrow the grow lights from the millenium? :ayatollah:

We had the Glamorgan Cricket lights on rents at the start of last season.... did wonders!!!!

Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:05 pm

carlccfc wrote:
BEAKERBLUE wrote:Yet again there were over 3,000 at each of the last 2 home games that never turned up.

In the Family stand alone versus Burnley over 1,500 fans never turned up, the club are very worried about it and are now emailing and writing to fans rectify the situation.

Carl does these 1,500 fans from the Family Stand include the free children which are too young to get out of the pram.I have been told that people register there new born kids,then when a big game comes up they upgrade the seat to adult and sell it .

The club are dealing with many who claimed a free season ticket but do not use them.

Carl what's this statement supposed to mean - I have a season ticket and every home game is a 250 mile round trip - I missed Tuesday as it was parents evening at school and I simply cannot get time off work for 3 mid week games in a month - everyone is at least a half day off work - I was pissed off I had a survey as I didn't "show" as I've only missed 3 games this season at home - but I really resent them targeting me if I have bought a 10 pound ticket for my 5 year old daughter. My ten year old has only missed 6 games (mostly midweek as on a school night I would be home at 1am ish) - 5 year old is a 5 year old - sometimes she wants to go and other times she doesn't but the option of a ticket at 10 quid is the only way I can get her in to a game on the off chance that she does want to come apart from her sitting on her own for a game coupled with the fact that the missus works every other Saturday and if my mum cannot babysit then she has to come to the game - I don't need to be "dealt with" as I am not a criminal - she has been to 4 games - every game she goes to - she has a programme cos she likes to have a fiver to spend and she also has a go on the half time draw (Via myself). She has also spent at least a tenner on every visit in the club shop and usually has some chips and a drink from the outlets in the stadium. If they set up the surrender scheme then great - but at least they should run some fecking MIS around people they send surveys to before they send them out - good idea but they could do better.

Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:59 pm

there is an excessive concern regarding season ticket holders no turning up. I am an ambo and live in London... Hence I can't make midweek games. That's 1 down anyway

Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:13 am

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:23 am

carlccfc wrote:
BEAKERBLUE wrote:Yet again there were over 3,000 at each of the last 2 home games that never turned up.

In the Family stand alone versus Burnley over 1,500 fans never turned up, the club are very worried about it and are now emailing and writing to fans rectify the situation.

Carl does these 1,500 fans from the Family Stand include the free children which are too young to get out of the pram.I have been told that people register there new born kids,then when a big game comes up they upgrade the seat to adult and sell it .

The club are dealing with many who claimed a free season ticket but do not use them.

Good stuff. I've tried abefore to get tickets in the family section to bring the little one down and been unable to purchase them online. Thankfully the trips have fallen through in the past, but it's the same problem for forthcoming games.

Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:45 am

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:37 pm

milly44 wrote::ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Carls Next UPDATE WILL BE HOPEFULLY SUNDAY, BUT LOOKING FORWARD TO Carls Column in the South Wales Echo Tomorrow :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: