Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

black guy with flowers over his car?

Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:41 am

anyone remember him? i havnt seen him since the 90s.
he looked like something from the 70s driving around city centre in his old granada :ayatollah:
the guy was cool and always waved if you tooted to him :ayatollah:

Re: black guy with flowers over his car?

Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:55 am

yeh always used to trade a wave to him, same havnt seen him in years.

wasn't his number plate MIKE somthing?

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:53 am

i used see him all the time couple years ago aint seen him in a while he lives in pentrebane

Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:00 am

ccfcdan wrote:i used see him all the time couple years ago aint seen him in a while he lives in pentrebane

he lives up the top of gorse place in pentrebane and always wears a captains hat. really really nice guy fair play to him :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:24 pm

ashccfc wrote:
ccfcdan wrote:i used see him all the time couple years ago aint seen him in a while he lives in pentrebane

he lives up the top of gorse place in pentrebane and always wears a captains hat. really really nice guy fair play to him :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

does he still have the car or similiar?

Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:00 pm

Ha'' Thats Mr Bowen, Top bloke!! :old:

Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:50 pm

Leighton James Dont Like uS wrote:Ha'' Thats Mr Bowen, Top bloke!! :old:

Top Bloke I used to live in Lavender Grove by him. Has he still got the red and yellow 'low-rider' with the flowers all over the dashboard?

I can think of so many legends around Cardiff we should start a non football cardiff legends thread. For starters there's ninja the drummer, Lil' in Ely and the small black guy who used to walk around town preaching on a megaphone.
:ayatollah:

Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:54 am

Apparently about two years ago his car became beyond repair and I saw him in a new car but without the flowers. It wass a very cool car though.

Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:59 pm

mikes great, i used to live across the road from him in fairwater grove west
him and his car was an icon in cardiff... i saw him just the other day walking through viccy park in his captains hat

when his granada came off the road i saw him in another 1 with some flowers in the front and back but nothing like the good ol one

i dont suppose he drives now at all

perhaps someone somewhere got some pics of that car
would be great to see a cardiff legends thread... i remember shake hand man gimme 10p for a cuppa tea guy he died recently

others i remeber was an old man in a white shirt running... used to see him all over cardiff running the whole time in white shirt and beige trousers
and the bike riders there was a guy with a long rusty red coloured beard riding around on a bike no matter where i was in cardiff id see him on his bike looked like a raleigh bomber too

anyone remember mr osgood of osgoods sweet shop in canton by the post office... he was like mr magoo he couldnt see past the end of his nose :lol: used to hold the money up to his face like as if he was smelling it :lol:

the other i remember was outside cardiff on the barry/aberthaw rd, an old lady with blonde hair and pink coat used to walk the road everyday there, rumour had it either she had money buried in a "bank" there or he husband had been killed in the power station and she would walk and hang around the road all day every day... must have seen her there every day for 10 years or more quite spooky

blonde lady in pink coat walking the road what ever next :lol:

Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:12 pm

forgot the mention the screen wash guy :D on the lights at albany rd

top guy

Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:27 pm

others i remeber was an old man in a white shirt running... used to see him all over cardiff running the whole time in white shirt and beige trousers

Did this guy have long hair and go to ely alot?

and the bike riders there was a guy with a long rusty red coloured beard riding around on a bike no matter where i was in cardiff id see him on his bike looked like a raleigh bomber too

Is this the tramp who rides around towing a dog in a tent on wheels?

Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:06 pm

Next time I see him i'll ask him what became of his car and update you

Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:28 pm

Has anyone seen the long haired woman in Cardiff who always goes up to buskers and kind of waltzs in their faces, smiling manically the whole time? People call her Clunkers :!:

Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:33 pm

2 faces that i remember well are the bloke who had all the dogs-think he was from the docks and the old bloke who always wore a policemans hat and stood in the old enclosure at NP

Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:03 pm

ashccfc wrote:others i remeber was an old man in a white shirt running... used to see him all over cardiff running the whole time in white shirt and beige trousers

Did this guy have long hair and go to ely alot?

Is this the tramp who rides around towing a dog in a tent on wheels?

the old running man was in his 70's maybe more... was very well kept with cropped hair

yeah i remember the guy with the dogs in a tent on the back

the other guy i remember with the red long beard was bare chest in the summer

so many faces

Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:37 pm

The guy who used to drive the car with the flowers on, gets on my bus regularly, fair play he's a real nice guy. Always got his sailors hat on as well. :D

Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:17 pm

CF64 BLUE wrote:The guy who used to drive the car with the flowers on, gets on my bus regularly, fair play he's a real nice guy. Always got his sailors hat on as well. :D

are you the 101 driver?