Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Newcastle pubs 5-7 Feb 2010!!!

Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:31 pm

First extended visit to Newcastle, so many pubs to choose from. I think I have died and gone to heaven. :D :D :D :D :D
Just been looking on the internet and a few Wetherspoon pubs have been mentioned. The Mile Castle and Union Rooms are in and around Central Station and could be my first port of call. :P :P Also there is the Head of Steam, which is not a Wetherspoons pub but deserves a mention. Add to that the pubs on the Quayside :D :D :D :P :P .
What are your plans lads? I am flying up from Stansted and get up there about 8.05am. What time does a Wetherspoons pub open 9.00am??? :lol: :lol: :lol:
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
I hope we still have a club in Feb. :roll:

Re: Newcastle pubs 5-7 Feb 2010!!!

Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:47 pm

same here, first time in newcastle. three of us staying in an hotel on osborne road just off the centre. 13 pubs around us going from the collingwood arms ( traditional ) the Osbornes, the carriage which has apparently a cracking selection of real ales and then the more upmarket and more expensive ( will be avoiding these ) places. we are on a early flight on thursday so if wetherspoons are open, we'll be in there. :D :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:07 pm

Gilfach, what is the name of the hotel in Osbourne Road you are staying at?

Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:10 pm

Osborne Hotel :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:13 pm

I am staying in the Kenilworth Hotel Saturday night, will probably make my way to Whitley Bay to watch the Cardiff Devils, via a few pubs of course. I am pretty sure the metro goes there from St James.

Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:24 pm

your place is at the end of the road from us, looks like a good place to have a pint on the walk into town. the metro does go to whitley bay from st james on the yellow line. costs all of £1.50 acording to the metro site. :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:36 pm

Cheers Gilfach, see you up there. I have booked Jury's Hotel for Friday night, long story why I did not book two nights there. Will be making my way over to Jesmond Friday morning to get my bearings for Saturday. If you are still in the area around 11.00am we could meet up for a beer. I need to meet up with a mate from Edinburgh, who is coming down for the game but he won't get into Newcastle until mid afternoon so I have a couple of hours to kill. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:42 pm

Gilfach Bluebird wrote:same here, first time in newcastle. three of us staying in an hotel on osborne road just off the centre. 13 pubs around us going from the collingwood arms ( traditional ) the Osbornes, the carriage which has apparently a cracking selection of real ales and then the more upmarket and more expensive ( will be avoiding these ) places. we are on a early flight on thursday so if wetherspoons are open, we'll be in there. :D :ayatollah:

Are you on the 8am flight chief ?

Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:46 pm

Flying from Stansted at 7.00am, which gets into Newcastle 8.05am. Lager and a fried breakfast at 6.00am can't fault it. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:49 pm

nuclearblue, yes on the 8am. :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:51 pm

Essex, yep your on, we will see you in or outside the kenilworth around 11am. ideal time for an hair of the dog after thursday night :D

Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:54 pm

Im from Gilfach and on that flight where are you parking. If we had a six seater we could take one car save a bit of money chief.

Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:54 pm

Cardiff City 2 Bristol City 0
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: