Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

SPOKE TO STEVE BORLEY AGAIN and I HAVE PROMISED

Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:41 pm

NO Banners etc will be put up tonight with Ridsdale out, but I did remind him our patience is running out. He is willing to do a questions and answers on here in the next week.

Re: SPOKE TO STEVE BORLEY AGAIN and I HAVE PROMISED

Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:43 pm

That's fair enough. Like I've said, Ridsdale et al, for me, have until the end of January. If we haven't seen any players come in by then I will expect nothing less than Ridsdale to go and for overhaul changes to happen.

Until then I'm staying quiet. I also appreciate Steve willing to do a Q & A session but I'm not sure how much he's legally empowered to share.

Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:48 pm

Zabier wrote:That's fair enough. Like I've said, Ridsdale et al, for me, have until the end of January. If we haven't seen any players come in by then I will expect nothing less than Ridsdale to go and for overhaul changes to happen.

Until then I'm staying quiet. I also appreciate Steve willing to do a Q & A session but I'm not sure how much he's legally empowered to share.

We can only ask, at least we wont get spin. :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:52 pm

Would it not be best to have a "sticky" at the top of the page so we can add our questions in readiness and he can answer as many as he can, later when he is ready?

It is difficult for a Q&A session live as it were.

Just a thought?

Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:54 pm

Forever Blue wrote:NO Banners etc will be put up tonight with Ridsdale out, but I did remind him our patience is running out. He is willing to do a questions and answers on here in the next week.

Leaving yourself a bit open there fella - how can you promise that no-one will put a banner up? :?

Think the touchpaper has been lit myself but there you go....

Uncle Fester wrote:Would it not be best to have a "sticky" at the top of the page so we can add our questions in readiness and he can answer as many as he can, later when he is ready?

Just a thought?

Cheers Uncle Fester, I will speak to Owain, see whats planned.

Uncle Fester wrote:Would it not be best to have a "sticky" at the top of the page so we can add our questions in readiness and he can answer as many as he can, later when he is ready?

Just a thought?

it is quite easy to add a chat room to a forum, perhaps that would be an idea. :D

Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:55 pm

Transfer window will be shut by then are we going soft we will have to see

Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:57 pm

LlwyncelynBlue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:NO Banners etc will be put up tonight with Ridsdale out, but I did remind him our patience is running out. He is willing to do a questions and answers on here in the next week.

Leaving yourself a bit open there fella - how can you promise that no-one will put a banner up? :?

Think the touchpaper has been lit myself but there you go....

We had 5 flags in total plus big Sam etc, I have promised that people I know wont, Your right I cant promise for everyone.

Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:58 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Zabier wrote:That's fair enough. Like I've said, Ridsdale et al, for me, have until the end of January. If we haven't seen any players come in by then I will expect nothing less than Ridsdale to go and for overhaul changes to happen.

We can only ask, at least we wont get spin. :ayatollah:

Yeah that's true.

As for the chat room is might get too chaotic. Might be better for Steve to just scan the messageboards and quote the questions he wants to reply to.

Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:35 pm

Think the Q and A sticky is good idea that way Owain or Annis can print them off so SB can get the required information and also indicate the type of question that can't be answered in a public forum. Obviously there will be further question that are not on the list in response to the answers to certain questions i.e Where's the money gone???

At least it will go some way towards keeping at least a smidgeon of civility.

What about certain mongs from Mikes board, anyway to prevent them infiltrating proceedings? :roll:

Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:40 pm

If we lose tonight with a lack lustre display the rumblings will start!!.

Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:54 pm

mmmmmmmm dont know what to think, if no truth comes out the banners will be out sat or brizzle away

and i can get a good deal for them FREE :lol:

Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:05 pm

Maybe I'm missing something. Steve Borley has asked that the fans hold fire on kicking off and demonstrating against the board and I think we should until 31st January out of respect for Steve. Unfortunately, I don't understand what's happening over the next twelve days that will actually be damaged by fans protesting. Is there any clarity on this that I have missed?

Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:13 pm

My banner will be there.

Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:16 pm

NN2Blue2 wrote:

Maybe I'm missing something. Steve Borley has asked that the fans hold fire on kicking off and demonstrating against the board and I think we should until 31st January out of respect for Steve. Unfortunately, I don't understand what's happening over the next twelve days that will actually be damaged by fans protesting. Is there any clarity on this that I have missed?

The car salesman from Guernsey is over for tonights game & it could be embarrassing for the club - that's my take on it anyway.

SB will probably get his wish tonight and, should we progress, I would hope on saturday against Leicester. If we lose, all bets are off.

No incoming transfers or info before the Doncaster game on 30th & it'll end in tears :evil:

Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:19 pm

There are a few things I don't get here. The only reason I can see in delaying any protests is that Peter will not be able to try and blame the fans for turning investors off us but;

Would anyone be stupid enough to believe that anyway?
What will change in 12 days or so? We sign a couple of players like we were told, which will make not one iota of difference to our already desperate financial plight to which administration is almost an inevitability already, in fact exacerbating the issue and accelerating that process. Why some will be passified by a signing or 2 I do not know, it will make an already desperate situation worse.
We get investment in that time? Simply not going to happen. The Malaysians might invest when he's gone, the other guys are make believe.

We are wasting time we do not have. It seems some people will be passified if players are brought in, but that is not the issue. The issue is we have no way of paying our way until the end of the season and if somehow we do manage to do that, the prospect of getting through next season is even more desperate than the incredible plight we find ourselves in now. The only possible consolation I can see in not starting protests now is its probably already too late to stop the ineviable slide into administration anyway, but in many ways that makes it worse as we will simply be being apathetic towards our current plight.

Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:21 pm

Cant we get Borley to do a Q&A down the muni club? :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:23 pm

i have been asked to put it on hold, for now, thats all i can say, but i tell you all now look f*cking out next week as i will supply banners (and abusive ones :lol: )free :ayatollah:

if we all just chant tonight it will be ok ;)

Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:38 pm

Can't see the point in a Q&A with Ridsdale, he's bullshitted & stalled every other time & he'll do the same again.It'll just be another public relations act to let him off the hook once again.The man has been found out as a compulsive liar, end of.He would never have been let off the hook like this years ago. The man has taken liberties with no resistance.

Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:43 pm

saladthedragon wrote:There are a few things I don't get here. The only reason I can see in delaying any protests is that Peter will not be able to try and blame the fans for turning investors off us but;

Would anyone be stupid enough to believe that anyway?
What will change in 12 days or so? We sign a couple of players like we were told, which will make not one iota of difference to our already desperate financial plight to which administration is almost an inevitability already, in fact exacerbating the issue and accelerating that process. Why some will be passified by a signing or 2 I do not know, it will make an already desperate situation worse.
We get investment in that time? Simply not going to happen. The Malaysians might invest when he's gone, the other guys are make believe.

We are wasting time we do not have. It seems some people will be passified if players are brought in, but that is not the issue. The issue is we have no way of paying our way until the end of the season and if somehow we do manage to do that, the prospect of getting through next season is even more desperate than the incredible plight we find ourselves in now. The only possible consolation I can see in not starting protests now is its probably already too late to stop the ineviable slide into administration anyway, but in many ways that makes it worse as we will simply be being apathetic towards our current plight.

There are a few things I don't get here. The only reason I can see in delaying any protests is that Peter will not be able to try and blame the fans for turning investors off us but;
That is Steves main reason.

Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:45 pm

bluebirds over.... wrote:Can't see the point in a Q&A with Ridsdale, he's bullshitted & stalled every other time & he'll do the same again.It'll just be another public relations act to let him off the hook once again.The man has been found out as a compulsive liar, end of.He would never have been let off the hook like this years ago. The man has taken liberties with no resistance.

Its Steve Borley who is willing to do the Q & A.