Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Well Done Cardiff

Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:04 pm

I know we lost and I know we gave the ball away too often and missed a hatful of chances but im proud of that side today because they never gave up!!!!!!!!!!!It was an awesome game and we had 2 more chances than them overall.....At the end of the day they took their 2 chances...Well done to the travelling support.....If we play like that for the rest of the season with the teams we have left to face then i am in no doubt we will be promoted.......All negative posters can f**k right off!!!!!!!!!

Notts forest fans will know the GUTS we showed today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Well Done Cardiff

Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:05 pm

fully agree a great game, and plenty of blood and thunder from both times. Well done cardiff defeated but undettered :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:06 pm

Well said mate I agree, but will add that we need someone to hit striking form, too many chances compared to goals.

Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:09 pm

BUT we always f**k up the big games

Great team spirit etc etc doesn't get you any points & we are in a points business

Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:30 pm

piroteczz wrote:I know we lost and I know we gave the ball away too often and missed a hatful of chances but im proud of that side today because they never gave up!!!!!!!!!!!It was an awesome game and we had 2 more chances than them overall.....At the end of the day they took their 2 chances...Well done to the travelling support.....If we play like that for the rest of the season with the teams we have left to face then i am in no doubt we will be promoted.......All negative posters can f**k right off!!!!!!!!!

Da iawn, butt....well said!!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:31 pm

Western Blue wrote:Well said mate I agree, but will add that we need someone to hit striking form, too many chances compared to goals.

Was Camp Man of the Match? His performance was a key strength for them. Our main weakness is that we need to be hungrier for possession, both in defence and on the attack..

Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:36 pm

Mr Moo Cow wrote:BUT we always f**k up the big games

Great team spirit etc etc doesn't get you any points & we are in a points business

Havent done all that bad, QPR should have been a last minute pentaly and a draw, beat Swansea, Watford, Leeds x2

Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:39 pm

Lost to Watford & Swansea & twice against Forest

Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:40 pm

Mr Moo Cow wrote:Lost to Watford & Swansea & twice against Forest

This is true but weve also beaten scunthorpe twice and forest have lost to them......swings and roundabouts mate

Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:42 pm

Were you at the game ? If so what planet are you on. Oh that was from Annis

Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:47 pm

My wife knows little about football. She thought we were crap though

And why did we get that penalty. Funniest decision of the season.

Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:47 pm

What game you boys on about?

Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:48 pm

mr moo cow is a fickle fan get behind the team for god sake

Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:49 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Were you at the game ? If so what planet are you on. Oh that was from Annis

If that was aimed at me then i dont care who it was from!!!!!!!!!!This forum is all about opinions and my opinion is they tried hard today from what i was watching. NO i was not at the game because i simply cant afford it....Im not as well off as most people and need to focus all my attention on my family before i have spare change to go away.....I watched it by stream!!!!!

So what you saying i cant have an opinion if i dont go to the game???????????

Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:55 pm

What did you base that opinion on then chief the radio ? I was there and we were shit end of

Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:58 pm

Move on to the next game. Thats how it goes.

Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:00 pm

I watched all the game by stream........Im sure if you have the chance to watch the game from a different angle rather than from behind the goal then you might see a different perspective. all im saying is from the tv angle it shows they tried hard and the stats prove it too. we had more efforts on goal than them. Ok we lost i know but we made a game of it. As it stand i havent got the money to go to away games as well as the home so please dont disregard my opinion.....ive never commented on a performance that ive just heard on the radio! No offence :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:06 pm

well said piroteczz

Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:15 pm

piroteczz wrote:I watched all the game by stream........Im sure if you have the chance to watch the game from a different angle rather than from behind the goal then you might see a different perspective. all im saying is from the tv angle it shows they tried hard and the stats prove it too. we had more efforts on goal than them. Ok we lost i know but we made a game of it. As it stand i havent got the money to go to away games as well as the home so please dont disregard my opinion.....ive never commented on a performance that ive just heard on the radio! No offence :ayatollah:

Chief not disregarding what you say and I apologise you have an opinion and you entitled to your opinion. Yes I know what it's like as I don't go away often. But we had an excellent view and JET played well when he came on. But overall we were very poor and that's from all of us

Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:21 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
piroteczz wrote:I watched all the game by stream........Im sure if you have the chance to watch the game from a different angle rather than from behind the goal then you might see a different perspective. all im saying is from the tv angle it shows they tried hard and the stats prove it too. we had more efforts on goal than them. Ok we lost i know but we made a game of it. As it stand i havent got the money to go to away games as well as the home so please dont disregard my opinion.....ive never commented on a performance that ive just heard on the radio! No offence :ayatollah:

Chief not disregarding what you say and I apologise you have an opinion and you entitled to your opinion. Yes I know what it's like as I don't go away often. But we had an excellent view and JET played well when he came on. But overall we were very poor and that's from all of us

Its crazy how a persons view of a game from different angles can be so different.....I apologise too....I just thought they tried hard today!!!!!Im always in the ninian but dont really like people all looking at me so never introduced myself. I have met you before..you asked me what my member name was but at the time i was just a guest :lol: :lol: When i pluck up the courage to introduce myself in a crowded place you will recognise me :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:43 pm

Just back from the game. Got to say this but I cannot believe some of the comments I have read. We were aweful, absolutely awful. We played for about 5 minutes where we won a dubious penalty. The rest of the game we showed no passion or committment. Well thats what I saw as I watch Forest beat us to practically every ball in midfield, where we could not put a pass together or had to watch Bothroyd fall over or ...........................

Shocking, shocking, shocking.

Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:53 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:Just back from the game. Got to say this but I cannot believe some of the comments I have read. We were aweful, absolutely awful. We played for about 5 minutes where we won a dubious penalty. The rest of the game we showed no passion or committment. Well thats what I saw as I watch Forest beat us to practically every ball in midfield, where we could not put a pass together or had to watch Bothroyd fall over or ...........................

This passion has been missing in midfield all season except the leeds game when DJ"s job could have been on the line. It has got to be the instructions and set they are told to play because other teams dont play this way. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:02 pm

piroteczz wrote:I know we lost and I know we gave the ball away too often and missed a hatful of chances but im proud of that side today because they never gave up!!!!!!!!!!!It was an awesome game and we had 2 more chances than them overall.....At the end of the day they took their 2 chances...Well done to the travelling support.....If we play like that for the rest of the season with the teams we have left to face then i am in no doubt we will be promoted.......All negative posters can f**k right off!!!!!!!!!

All very well said but in reality, it was pointless. Jay has gone back to his old ways of grass-hugging and in all honesty I think he can be a liability. I would have happily dropped him 2nd half with Jet on wing and Bellers upfront.

Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:04 pm

Good match report Ian!!!

Everyone around me thought we were awful. Even worse, spoke to uloads of Forest fans on way back to town centre. They were surprised how poor we were.

Luckily I seen most games this season so it didn't surprise me.

Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:52 am

The day after and getting my head around yesterday. We looked good on the highlights but the reality of watching live was we were woefull. Yes the fans were quiet because we knew we was going to loose. Whitts is shocking at the moment he should never off started we was better when Macca came on. Jay was awfull and the team is full of lightweights that won't battle roll there sleeves up shocking

Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:03 am

Bakedalasker wrote:Just back from the game. Got to say this but I cannot believe some of the comments I have read. We were aweful, absolutely awful. We played for about 5 minutes where we won a dubious penalty. The rest of the game we showed no passion or committment. Well thats what I saw as I watch Forest beat us to practically every ball in midfield, where we could not put a pass together or had to watch Bothroyd fall over or ...........................

Thats a bit harsh?

I was on the same bus and at the same game, but personally I think Cardiff played OK. Since watching the replay of the game on the championship show - I can see that it was a good game and the keeper kept them in it. Dont let other peoples opinions and views brainwash you. Watch the game back and you will see that we were unlucky on occasions, and a bit silly giving stupid fouls away, but we were definately NOT awful? for gods sake....

We will destroy most mid table teams playing like we did, we just didnt show enough determination against one of the better teams in the league.... holding a 36 game home unbeaten run might I add. :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:05 am

What for ?

Today I am Sorry they were not a team, Gutless/No Passion/No formation/played for 5 mins .

Hopefully We put this behind us and Beat Leicester C. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:06 am

Nuclearblue wrote:The day after and getting my head around yesterday. We looked good on the highlights but the reality of watching live was we were woefull. Yes the fans were quiet because we knew we was going to loose. Whitts is shocking at the moment he should never off started we was better when Macca came on. Jay was awfull and the team is full of lightweights that won't battle roll there sleeves up shocking

I dont think Jay was awful? alot of play went through him and he went on some great runs with some decent passes played.

I do however feel that he needs to quit his moaning and try to stay upright! he seems way too top heavy at the moment! :lol:

Macca was poor - and lost the ball easily on a few occasions. Parkin should not have started, and we should have played a 4-1-4-1 or a 4-5-1 other than that - If it was any other team - i think we may have drawn or won. Just need to rise to the occasion when we have to.

Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:39 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

What for ?

Today I am Sorry they were not a team, Gutless/No Passion/No formation/played for 5 mins .

Agreed :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
This forum is great!!!!!Where difference of opinion is accepted!!!!

Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:40 pm

piroteczz wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

What for ?

Agreed :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
This forum is great!!!!!Where difference of opinion is accepted!!!!

I agree just fed up we never at least got a draw. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: