Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

"IT COULD OF BEEN A VERY LOT WORSE"

Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:15 pm

right i am as gutted as everyone else that cardiff have lost today. and also the ref was shit .....

BUT IT COULD HAVE BEEN SO MUCH WORSE

norwich could have beaten leeds today
or leeds could have beaten norwich

WHICH COULD HAVE TOOK US FURTHER AWAY
but they drew and we now stay above both of them.

Yes the swans won, but look who they played :lol:
they lost 6-0 to ipswich for christ sake :lol:

QPR drew against Preston
I believe QPR will not walk this league as much as everyone else makes them out

What if qpr won?
8 points behind them :o
but only 6 now. They all count ;)

I for one am staying positive. We was unlucky today. VERY UNLUCKY

we missed good chances and looked threatening on the break

our defence is looking stonger, maybe not so much today as we was abit sloppy but much better as usual

There also were some positives to take out the game.
Quinn was fanstastic :ayatollah:
Good to see Macca back :ayatollah:
and also JET looked effective when on :ayatollah:

I would much rather loose against forest than when they lost against scunny.

I believe that Forest will fade with there small squad. They wernt fantastic today they were lucky.

And any one believe there small squad will last the legs against

Swansea v Nott'm Forest
Leeds v Nott'm Forest
Nott'm Forest v Reading
Nott'm Forest v Burnley
Norwich v Nott'm Forest
Nott'm Forest v Leicester

and get 18 out of 18 points?

doubt it very much :lol: :lol:

we are 1 point from 2nd. 6 points from top

WITH 14 GAMES TO GO

if norwich won
and qpr won

it could have been worse yes.

but they didnt, so i feel even no we was unfortunate to loose, other results went in our favour ;)

WE NEED TO KEEP THE FAITH. 1 LOSS IN 8 AGAINST

LEEDS
NORWICH
WATFORD
READING
SWANSEA
SCUNNY
BURNLEY
FOREST

if i said at the start that we would only loose one out of them would you have taken it?

i very much think everyone would jump at the chance :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

there are so many what if's

WHAT IF BELLAMY DIDNT SCORE IN THE 97TH MIN AGAINST READING AND WE LOST
WHAT IF BELLAMY DIDNT SCORE AGAINST SWANSEA AND WE DREW
WHAT IF WE LOST AGAINST BURNLEY

thats 5 points GONE

but we have kept on pushing and we will continue to do so.

MARCH AND APRIL ;)

TIME TO SHINE :lol:

TIME FOR THE REST TO FADE

There's still 42 points left to play for ;)

NOW CMON BLUEBIRDS

KEEP THE FAITH :D
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: "IT COULD OF BEEN A VERY LOT WORSE"

Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:20 pm

That"s a good post, do you fancy taking the team talk before tuesdays game :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:21 pm

Couldn't agree more mate! ;)
Keep the faith bluebirdssss, and support the boyss & make somee noiseeeeeee (on Tuesday ;) )

Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:23 pm

u need to get on the mic in the stadium i think buttie :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:25 pm

I thought from what i saw we deserved at least a point and camp made 2 good saves BUT I will be there Tuesday C'mon City :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:28 pm

Didn't we get messages from this forum read out to the boys before the Swansea game? :D

Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:34 pm

glammy74 wrote:right i am as gutted as everyone else that cardiff have lost today. and also the ref was shit .....

QPR drew against Preston

What if qpr won?

our defence is looking stonger, maybe not so much today as we was abit sloppy but much better as usual

I believe that Forest will fade with there small squad. They wernt fantastic today they were lucky.

Swansea v Nott'm Forest
Leeds v Nott'm Forest
Nott'm Forest v Reading
Nott'm Forest v Burnley
Norwich v Nott'm Forest

WITH 14 GAMES TO GO

if norwich won
and qpr won

but they didnt, so i feel even no we was unfortunate to loose, other results went in our favour ;)

LEEDS
NORWICH
WATFORD
READING
SWANSEA
SCUNNY
BURNLEY
FOREST

if i said at the start that we would only loose one out of them would you have taken it?

thats 5 points GONE

MARCH AND APRIL ;)

NOW CMON BLUEBIRDS

And Chops and Ramsey will soon e back :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:04 pm

stephen18 wrote:That"s a good post, do you fancy taking the team talk before tuesdays game :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

id let DJ have a go first, if i dont think its good enough i might have a go after it
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:08 pm

I'm sure the players read this thread, I know Bothroyd does, I'm sure any negative comments effects the team, and we need more threads like this and to keep the faith. f*cking hate all the negative shit when we're 1 point behind 2nd with 14 games to go.

Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:12 pm

griffy wrote:I'm sure the players read this thread, I know Bothroyd does, I'm sure any negative comments effects the team, and we need more threads like this and to keep the faith. f*cking hate all the negative shit when we're 1 point behind 2nd with 14 games to go.

i no it does my head in.

42 points left to play for, and were going nuts over the 1 point that we are behind on :roll:

no positivity = no form/momentum/results :ayatollah:

if we can play and create chances like todays when we play the likes of donny, portsmouth, barnsley etc.
We will get the points and will get into the auto's

WE NEED TO KEEP THE FAITH, EVERYONE OF US
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:51 pm

It could have been a lot worse, you could have lost by 4 or 5. Your strikers throw themselves to the ground at every opportunity and this tactic paid off by gaining you the most dubious penalty decision we've seen at the City Ground for many seasons. Your Messiah, Bellamy, is probably the most overrated player in the Championship and just wasn't interested. When the going gets tough, the tough get going, and our paper thin squad will keep us in the race until we can bring in some quality signings who want to play for Forest for the long term and not just for month. Our management have said that our loan signings must all be with a view to permanent transfer and they will take their time, but our team is good enough to do the business.

Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:53 pm

zigga-zagga wrote:It could have been a lot worse, you could have lost by 4 or 5. Your strikers throw themselves to the ground at every opportunity and this tactic paid off by gaining you the most dubious penalty decision we've seen at the City Ground for many seasons. Your Messiah, Bellamy, is probably the most overrated player in the Championship and just wasn't interested. When the going gets tough, the tough get going, and our paper thin squad will keep us in the race until we can bring in some quality signings who want to play for Forest for the long term and not just for month. Our management have said that our loan signings must all be with a view to permanent transfer and they will take their time, but our team is good enough to do the business.

you think you'll get 18 out of 18 points against

Swansea
Leeds
Reading
Burnley
Norwich
Leicester

????

Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:55 pm

If "Iffs & butts were candy & nuts wee'd all have a merry Xmas". The fact is, we are simply not good enough for auto promotion,,,,& will struggle to stay in the top six.

Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:11 pm

glammy74 wrote:42 points left to play for, and were going nuts over the 1 point that we are behind on :roll:

Chap, no one is whinging that we are only one point behind or we have dropped down to fourth etc but it is the performaces we are putting in. I can only recall 3 games where we have performed as expected with our squad, Doncaster home, Leeds away and Swansea away. We have had games where we have run away with the game only to see us nearly throw it away, Scunny away and Watford home for example. We have struggled to win games when we should be blasting such teams away.

Now you hear no game is easy in this league but most pundits are saying if we dont go up then it will be a massive massive failure. From that I would be expecting us to win alot more games comfortable with the odd hickup. We are nowhere near that and there is a fear we could quite easily botle it again as we go into the business end of the season. Thats where the negativity is coming from and I would say its quite understandable.

Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:16 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
glammy74 wrote:42 points left to play for, and were going nuts over the 1 point that we are behind on :roll:

Chap, no one is whinging that we are only one point behind or we have dropped down to fourth etc but it is the performaces we are putting in. I can only recall 3 games where we have performed as expected with our squad, Doncaster home, Leeds away and Swansea away. We have had games where we have run away with the game only to see us nearly throw it away, Scunny away and Watford home for example. We have struggled to win games when we should be blasting such teams away.

Now you hear no game is easy in this league but most pundits are saying if we dont go up then it will be a massive massive failure. From that I would be expecting us to win alot more games comfortable with the odd hickup. We are nowhere near that and there is a fear we could quite easily botle it again as we go into the business end of the season. Thats where the negativity is coming from and I would say its quite understandable.

i understand that, but i feel we should be saying this when there is only 2 or 3 games, and also if were in a bad position

we all feel that we should be winning games more convincingly but no other team has done it

maybe with all the teams around us having smaller squads, we should all agree that we must thrive with 10 games to go with our bigger squad :)

Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:18 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:

Good post & i agree,,,you can see how things are panning out, just where we are going to be, come the end of the season. Even more preassure on Tuesday nights game now. We can't afford another Evening draw!

Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:24 pm

I agree Tuesday is now a MUST win game, infact ALL our home games are must win. First defeat in 8 in the league and we drop 2 places! it is SO tight at the top.

Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:12 pm

bluebirds23 wrote:u need to get on the mic in the stadium i think buttie :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

if they go one nil down, il give a little motivational essay before they kick back off ;)

Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:34 pm

Why was the ref shit? I thought he was ok. Gave us a very dodgy looking pen.

Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:36 pm

maccydee wrote:Why was the ref shit? I thought he was ok. Gave us a very dodgy looking pen.

i thought he was biased towards them, even le tissier said on ssn.

especially to parkin and jay :(

they cant do shit all without getting penialised

Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:52 pm

glammy74 wrote:right i am as gutted as everyone else that cardiff have lost today. and also the ref was shit .....

QPR drew against Preston

What if qpr won?

Swansea v Nott'm Forest
Leeds v Nott'm Forest
Nott'm Forest v Reading
Nott'm Forest v Burnley
Norwich v Nott'm Forest

WITH 14 GAMES TO GO

if norwich won
and qpr won

LEEDS
NORWICH
WATFORD
READING
SWANSEA
SCUNNY
BURNLEY
FOREST

thats 5 points GONE

MARCH AND APRIL ;)

NOW CMON BLUEBIRDS

Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:31 pm

glammy74 wrote:
zigga-zagga wrote:It could have been a lot worse, you could have lost by 4 or 5. Your strikers throw themselves to the ground at every opportunity and this tactic paid off by gaining you the most dubious penalty decision we've seen at the City Ground for many seasons. Your Messiah, Bellamy, is probably the most overrated player in the Championship and just wasn't interested. When the going gets tough, the tough get going, and our paper thin squad will keep us in the race until we can bring in some quality signings who want to play for Forest for the long term and not just for month. Our management have said that our loan signings must all be with a view to permanent transfer and they will take their time, but our team is good enough to do the business.

Swansea
Leeds
Reading
Burnley
Norwich
Leicester

????

youve still got hard games to go and losing to scunny means you can lose to anyone :roll:

Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:03 pm

englishbluebird wrote:
glammy74 wrote:

Swansea
Leeds
Reading
Burnley
Norwich
Leicester

????

youve still got hard games to go and losing to scunny means you can lose to anyone :roll:

That's our problem. Only Fester and Burnley in top half have beat us this season. None of the teams excluding us in top 6 have beat us and we've played you and QPR twice. We do better against the top half sides than we do against the strugglers. We've got bloody Preston next.

Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:09 pm

reddog wrote: That's our problem. Only Fester and Burnley in top half have beat us this season. None of the teams excluding us in top 6 have beat us and we've played you and QPR twice. We do better against the top half sides than we do against the strugglers. We've got bloody Preston next.

i spose, but with them teams you got to play, with your small sqaud you must find it a tough run in

Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:16 pm

glammy74 wrote:
reddog wrote: That's our problem. Only Fester and Burnley in top half have beat us this season. None of the teams excluding us in top 6 have beat us and we've played you and QPR twice. We do better against the top half sides than we do against the strugglers. We've got bloody Preston next.

i spose, but with them teams you got to play, with your small sqaud you must find it a tough run in

The way I see it is the top teams give us more time on the ball and try to beat us at playing Football which suits us. The teams down the bottom hoof it and get in your face which we struggle with although we've improved on last season to adjusting. The last 2 games down the City Ground against Watford and you have been excellent end to end games. The 2 before that against Portsmouth and Bristol were absolutely dire.

Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:19 pm

reddog wrote:
glammy74 wrote:

The way I see it is the top teams give us more time on the ball and try to beat us at playing Football which suits us. The teams down the bottom hoof it and get in your face which we struggle with although we've improved on last season to adjusting. The last 2 games down the City Ground against Watford and you have been excellent end to end games. The 2 before that against Portsmouth and Bristol were absolutely dire.

with bottom teams the plan is to score early to break them up ;)

Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:31 am

glammy74 wrote:=

with bottom teams the plan is to score early to break them up ;)
:
]

I agree but it's equally important not to panic. Against Portsmouth we were 1-0 down with 10 minutes to go and still won.

On the plus side for you, I do think that you are the best side we've seen at the City Ground this season and far better 'all round' than QPR who tend to rely on Taarabt too much.