Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

I blame Dave Jones for today

Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:24 pm

I thought we were very unlucky today, we were the better team. Unfortunately after working hard to get back into the game, Dave Jones fails to change tactics and tighten it up and allows us to continue to play open so forest can break away and score again, clueless idiot!

Re: I blame Dave Jones for today

Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:31 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:I thought we were very unlucky today, we were the better team. Unfortunately after working hard to get back into the game, Dave Jones fails to change tactics and tighten it up and allows us to continue to play open so forest can break away and score again, clueless idiot!

Chap, this has happened a number of times this season. At Scunny away we went into a 3-0 lead and nearly gave it away. Same at home to Watford. DJ just does not seem to learn.

Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:34 pm

We don't know how to tighten up though doesn't seem this is ever worked on

Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:35 pm

I agree we were unlucky but where I will blame Jones is the fact Olly was having a nightmare and he did not take him off.

Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:36 pm

"Just like watching Brazil" !

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:37 pm

How much time does Dave Jones spend on the training ground with our players??? Doe's anyone know???
I have herd conflicting reports,,,.

Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:03 pm

tonteg blue you haven't got a f*cking clue :evil: your like a little sheep lets blame DJ its not just you there a few f*cking muppets on this forum lets blame DJ the only thing you missed was bring back sam

Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:07 pm

we cant go unbeaten in this league, we have to loose sometimes, i know it hurts, but thats football

Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:13 pm

i didnt think we were the best team at all,forest pressed us effectively won pretty much all of the 50/50s and were so much more organised and together,it was always going to be an extremely hard game for us,stick one on svens boys on tuesday hopefully
keep the faith :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:24 pm

i'm dumbfounded with these comments, we were shit today....just got in....i thought our fans have been better as well...but there you go, cant win them all...we are shit without ramsey mind

Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:34 pm

what should he have done then

Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:11 am

steve wrote:tonteg blue you haven't got a f*cking clue :evil: your like a little sheep lets blame DJ its not just you there a few f*cking muppets on this forum lets blame DJ the only thing you missed was bring back sam

Its called having an opnion. Some you agree with some you dont. Think you need to respect that.

Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:18 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
steve wrote:tonteg blue you haven't got a f*cking clue :evil: your like a little sheep lets blame DJ its not just you there a few f*cking muppets on this forum lets blame DJ the only thing you missed was bring back sam

Its called having an opnion. Some you agree with some you dont. Think you need to respect that.

Steve, good post mate.

Yeah its all about opinion, but when the 'opinion' is always the same 'I blame DJ crap' it becomes f*cking boring and I for one aint going to be reading any more bollocks about DJ on this forum. Steve, sheep is the right word cos if certain ppl post a statement on here, then there will be hundreds who will agree regardless. Ppl havent got a brain to think for themselves. I posted earlier on this week after the stick DJ was getting about Burnley result, that Jay was to blame for their equaliser for not marking front post and said then they wouldnt blame Jay and I was right, they would rather blame DJ for his substitutions. Basic schoolboy error off Jay and not one criticism. BAAA BAAA BAAA :oops:

Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:16 am

Did we not score once Jones brought on two subs ??????

Also share what tactics you would introduce as you obviously are missing your appointment to become one of the greatest ever football managers as you seem to know how to win every match

Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:11 pm

NIBluebird wrote:Did we not score once Jones brought on two subs ??????

Also share what tactics you would introduce as you obviously are missing your appointment to become one of the greatest ever football managers as you seem to know how to win every match

I criticise Jones because we should have gone away to Forest being hard to beat. Instead he set us up to play open for the whole game. As i've said, in my opinion, we were the better team and deserved at least a point, but why take the risk? We will always be liable to concede with the way we play, and in a big game away to one of the best teams in the league, it is far too risky.

Personally I would rather us set ourselves up for every away game being hard to beat, and against the better teams we need to play 4-5-1 and allow the home team to try and break us down. Instead we play 4-4-2 and with our gung ho approach, we play like the home team and the home team play like the away team. Of course, I wouldn't mind this approach when we're losing, but the key is not to concede the first goal away from home, we will always have the quality to pinch a goal, but we need to be solid, organised, disciplined and hard to beat.

Our current game which must be great for the neutral as all our games are very end to end; at times leaves us exposed at the back and this costs us goals and points. In my opinion it has to stop, otherwise we will continue to drop important points when playing away.