Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Just watched the highlights back on the iPlayer

Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:39 am

And Cardiff really weren't as bad as some of you are making out.

Personally I would have played a 4-1-4-1 formation to benefit the fact that Chopra was missing and to counter the fact that Forest break very quickly. Bothroyd and Bellamy were unlucky not to have scored early on, Bothroyd could have done a bit more like rounding the keeper or something, but Bellamy's was cleared off the line from Koncheski. We were lucky to get a penalty to start with, but we did deserve to be back in the game. JET had a fantastic shot (where the ball was moving wildly in the air) that pulled fof Another great save from the outstanding keeper of the day!

I will say though, that I didnt understand the logic of bringing McPhail on for Burke???? When in the echo, Dave's attitude was we are going there to go for it and win the game?

Parkin starting for me was a mistake. Jones' tactics were wrong there, and so was the formation! But who am I to argue? Im just a fan.

Overall though, we were a bit unlucky, and there were moments in the game to suggest that we should still be ok for automatic promotion. There are quite a few games left now that look to favour us, and the fact that we can still look at results of other games around us to benefit our position. It seems ON PAPER we have the easier run in the top 5 of the table, but we all know this is a dog eat dog league and anyone can lose to anyone on the day, as Forest, QPR and ourselves have already shown!

p.s. f**k the Jacks, they won't be there much longer afer their next few games too. ;)

Re: Just watched the highlights back on the iPlayer

Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:41 am

did we lose then ;) :D

Re: Just watched the highlights back on the iPlayer

Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:56 am

bluebirdbaz wrote:did we lose then ;) :D

:lol: