Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Jay Bothroyd

Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:19 am

Jay started the season on fire he was playing out of his skin and he was being watched by numerous premiership clubs. England came calling which in my opinion was most deserved, but then the worst thing happened he thought he had made it. Now Jay has returned to his old ways constantly instead of fighting for the ball he falls over then starts waving his hands around or just sits on the pitch with his hands in the air.

Now just like a lot of our players they come to our club and with the ability will not put a shift in but I will refrain from blaming Jones for the Jay situation because he has done wonders for the lad when every other manager had given up on him but Jay what Premier club is going to come in for you now ? Answer no one . Will England call you up again when all you do is try to con the Ref all the time because you are to lazy to roll your sleeves up and try to win a ball / tackle fairly . Refferees will not give you any 50 50 s and at the moment because you are trying to con him. you are a liability not an asset.

And it's a shame as we all know he is a class player when he can be bothered it's time for the Beast with Chopra .

Re: Jay Bothroyd

Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:23 am

Nuclearblue wrote:Jay started the season on fire he was playing out of his skin and he was being watched by numerous premiership clubs. England came calling which in my opinion was most deserved, but then the worst thing happened he thought he had made it. Now Jay has returned to his old ways constantly instead of fighting for the ball he falls over then starts waving his hands around or just sits on the pitch with his hands in the air.

Now just like a lot of our players they come to our club and with the ability will not put a shift in but I will refrain from blaming Jones for the Jay situation because he has done wonders for the lad when every other manager had given up on him but Jay what Premier club is going to come in for you now ? Answer no one . Will England call you up again when all you do is try to con the Ref all the time because you are to lazy to roll your sleeves up and try to win a ball / tackle fairly . Refferees will not give you any 50 50 s and at the moment because you are trying to con him. you are a liability not an asset.

And it's a shame as we all know he is a class player when he can be bothered it's time for the Beast with Chopra .

I agree he falls over everytime the wind blows time to send him to the same place as Naylor. Definately time to give Parkin a run as one number choice at least you know he will put himself about. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Jay Bothroyd

Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:25 am

Agreed.

That dive yesterday summed it up. Couldn't even be bothered to make it look like a foul.

I don't buy all that about him not being fit, I genuinely believe he just doesn't give a damn at the moment. He's looking like what he was before he came here. He couldn't win a thing yesterday, and just looked completely out of his depth. And when that happens, you know its bad.

To top it off, the Scouse takes Parkin off, just as we was starting to play well. Bothroyd shouldve made way.