Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Peak will we reach our peak this season ? "

Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:00 am

Everyone has been saying watch when we start playing well and and being consistent. I am beginning to think this team will not get anywhere near. We are where we are by playing at best 65% of where this team could play.
Lets not kid ourselves this is not a very strong league, Forest wasnt brilliant they play for each other and they battle hard.
Can see us getting to the playoffs but automatic no chance :cry:

Re: Peak will we reach our peak this season ?

Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:06 am

Nuclearblue wrote:Everyone has been saying watch when we start playing well and and being consistent. I am beginning to think this team will not get anywhere near. We are where we are by playing at best 65% of where this team could play.
Lets not kid ourselves this is not a very strong league, Forest wasnt brilliant they play for each other and they battle hard.

Steve,

So far Our team has been playing well below what they should be, the Squad is there,Full of Quality.
They have not gone on any great runs so far this season and it has to happen if we are to go up Automatic.
This Squad/team is capable of being the Champions and I expect at least top 2 :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:06 am

Agree with you, play offs at best, automatic no chance :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:12 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:Everyone has been saying watch when we start playing well and and being consistent. I am beginning to think this team will not get anywhere near. We are where we are by playing at best 65% of where this team could play.

Steve,

So far Our team has been playing well below what they should be, the Squad is there,Full of Quality.
They have not gone any great runs so far this season and it has to happen if we are to go up Automatic.
This Squad/team is capable of being the Champions and I expect at least top 2 :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Yes i agree Annis but we are not going to get this run are we ? We have to many players laid back but can win games in an instant IE Whitts Jay. But these players need to be dropped and play Jet the Beast etc. We need Chops as even if he dosen't play well will always make a nuisance of himself.

Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:14 am

I can't believe we have lost 9 games - 7 away! Compared to the other club it is not good enough.
Have the loanees bitten us on the arse because we have never had a chance to build our best side, plus injuries.
We are better than we are displaying but I worry how much - defence etc.

Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:16 am

dougblue wrote:I can't believe we have lost 9 games - 7 away! Compared to the other club it is not good enough.
Have the loanees bitten us on the arse because we have never had a chance to build our best side, plus injuries.

Whitts and Jay are no loanees Chief they are ours and are the worse offenders :o

Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:18 am

Nuclearblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Steve,

They have not gone any great runs so far this season and it has to happen if we are to go up Automatic.

Yes i agree Annis but we are not going to get this run are we ? We have to many players laid back but can win games in an instant IE Whitts Jay. But these players need to be dropped and play Jet the Beast etc. We need Chops as even if he dosen't play well will always make a nuisance of himself.

Steve this is where good management will come in, its ok assembling a Great Squad, but then you have to Jell them and Manage them.

Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:26 am

Nuclearblue wrote:
dougblue wrote:I can't believe we have lost 9 games - 7 away! Compared to the other club it is not good enough.

Whitts and Jay are no loanees Chief they are ours and are the worse offenders :o

Nukes very true, Whitts is believed to be the most talented player at the club by some there. Why doesn't he show i all the time? Last year I thought he was starting to show his potential. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Jay hasn't been the same since his lay off and the transfer window rumours. Did his England call up cause him to relax. A class act when he wants to be.

Re: " Peak will we reach our peak this season ? "

Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:16 pm

I hope we do peak soon but with only 14 games left, time is running out. We do not have a forest type fortress at home so we can't rely on winning all our home matches and our away form is no better than anyone elses. Any run we manage to put together may be distrupted if we lost Ramsey and I cannot quite understand why there is renewed optimism.If it was a case that we had several players out who were returning to the team then I can understand why we should be optimisic but we have recently been playing with a virtually fully fit squad so we have no excuses.

What we must rely on now is that Jones can weave some managerial magic and get these players to perform to the best of their ability. Most fans agree that we are underperforming as a team and individually but as proven recently, we could have easily won or drawn a few more matches with just that little bit more effort. If Jones can squeeze a little more out of the players individually and as a team then I am sure we will be fine. If things remain the same then unfortunately "keeping the faith" will not be enough.The reason for a lot of negativity on this board is that we strive for an automatic spot and most fans can see this slipping away week by week. Looking on the bright side, even on our present form,I think we will make the playoffs but this is a situation that our fans would look to avoid and would fall below fans expectations given the squad we have assembled this year.

Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:38 pm

I understand where you are coming from and the margins in this league are very small but if you want to succeed you have to be able to dog out a result and that is where we fail.

We have the joint highest number of away wins in the League but we have also lost 7 and drawn the other 2, Qpr in comparison have won 6, drawn 8 and only lost 2. If we had dogged draws out of 4 of the games we have lost Leicester, QPR, Middlesbrough, Forest we would be joint top of the league, but we lack the organisation and the determination and that's our biggest problem. The players must provide the determination but the organisation has to come from DJ and his backroom staff.

Because of what has happened in the previous 32 League games we are now in a dogfight a mini season of 14 games in which we must impose ourselves on this League. DJ has to take responsibility and stop this bullshit of we try to win every game as that's a given the most important thing after that is not to lose. Warnock, Davies and even my granny understand that and DJ has to get his head around it as well.

Sadly I think ultimately we will fall short of automatic promotion because we lack the organisation, determination and motivation of other teams involved in this dogfight. For me QPR and Forest are bigger dogs with sharper teeth both on and off the field.

Thequestion for us now is how big will the other dogs be in the playoff dogfight. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:52 pm

Great post Nuclear blue. Let's be honest here, there are plenty of Cardiff so called fans that don't deserve promotion who will moan about anything and everything. The manager, the players, the pitch, the atmosphere, the catering. Nothing is good enough. There were Cardiff fans who complained about our performance v Scunthorpe and were still moaning about it on their way into the ground v Burnley

Forest lost to Scunthorpe and then turned up with a full house and all of them backed their side yesterday. I'm with you in the belief our run-in will be enough to take us up in 2nd place, but it won't be because of our'great'support, it'll be inspite of them

Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:03 pm

well now is the time to reach our peak. sadly i dont think we will but we are not out of the running yet. 42 points up for grabs how many are we gonna get? i think 9 of the games we should win the other 5 that can set us back in my opinion are leicester,hull,millwall,qpr and last day of the season burnley. out of them 5 a win and a couple of draws should set us up for a top 2 finish? lets hope so. :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:20 pm

interesting debate :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:34 pm

From Facebook

Jay 2 me looks like he don't wana play for us think he sholud of left in jan.
2 hours ago · Like

Anthony Chiplin
I had aruement yest in ground wiv some idiot he done nothin but slag off parkin cuz of his size he ran his heart out and won nearly everythin in air bothroyd was lazy apart from couple touches he was shit !
2 hours ago · Like · 1 person

Dai Jones If I'm honest I no jay is a lot better player but I rather have parkin coz u no u will get 110% outta him
2 hours ago · Like

Anthony Chiplin Jay goin do a ledley in my opinion he can go
2 hours ago · Like

Neil Wixon i dont understand why dave jones paid £100,000 for parkin and stick parkin on the bench or play parkin for so many min it was the same as warren feeny i think dave jones just like wasteing money
about an hour ago · Like