Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" I REALLY DONT GET SOME FANS "

Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:15 am

I understand some of your frustration but ...

if this was how the table had panned out and we had 4 games left of the season than fair enough, i would except most of the negativity

butt .. its 14 games left. 42 points to play for ;)

why are most people feeling like we cant get into the autos?

ive showed you all the games that the teams have around us

shouldnt that inspire us as fans on more, and with this big squad of ours, we're bound to take advantage of smaller and tireder squads :ayatollah:

would you rather be in forests shoes and have 1 more point with them fixtures coming up, or be in our shoes with a 'favouritable' run of games and a bigger squad ???

Thats the question you need to be asking yourselves, because i know my answer and thats to have our run in :)

I remember when i was on holiday, we played bristol city and watford, and we lost 3-0 and 4-1 and i was probally 10 times more annoyed than what you are feeling now. I was shitting myself coming back home, it was the day we played leeds, and what did we do, pull a good preformance out of the bag :ayatollah:

and we went on that good run which got ruined today but that went from the 4th jan to 19th feb without defeat :ayatollah:

i remember going on the messageboard after the watford and bristol game and it was bombarded with GET DJ OUT, WE AINT GOING UP. And for the first time ever, i agreed, im a DJ fan, always have been, but after them defeats i wanted him out just as much as you anti DJ's did. But i was willing to give him that final game to put it right and he did. and it took today to stop it. i regret now disobaying DJ, and i feel that he will take us up, if its through auto's or if its through playoffs. AND EVERYONE ELSE SHOULD ASWELL, IF YOU LIKE HIM OR NOT !!!!
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

We cant be anti cardiff/DJ/Players with 14 games left :(

True supporters would back them 100%.

We all need to be True supporters now through these last 14 games

With a good reception for the boys against leicester.

they are a good team but were just as or marginally better

With home support we should beat them, No getting on there backs, Supporting them 100% and then they will preform

CMON BLUEBIRDS
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: I REALLY DONT GET SOME FANS

Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:22 am

Glammy I fully agree, and am fully behid the boys. Our run in is a lot better than others. But if you look at the table we have lost more than we should have.
i believe we will be top 4, with a very good chance of the autos, but now we need our team to show the bottle that I have at times worried they haven't got.

This starts Tuesday night, remember the atmosphere against them last year? That in my opinion is the best CCS has been.
:D

Re: " I REALLY DONT GET SOME FANS "

Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:28 am

My Worry is at every home game and some away games the Atmosphere does not feel like a Club going up.

I also Believe that DJ should speak out and ask Our fans to be the 12th Man and stir up some passion.

The team dont look like they believe in them selves either just my opinion.

We have by far the best Squad in the Division and now they have to play like the best :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:29 am

I totally agree, with you.
With squad we have we should be winning more, Let make judgement end of the season..
Lets get behind the boys and make some noise and give them up 100% support.
Stop creating to negativity, this what UK do best.

Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:32 am

Excellent post, all the teams around us are going to drop loads of points between now and the end of the season.

If everyone, players, management and us fans hold their nerve we will still go up this season. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:43 am

glammy74 wrote:I understand some of your frustration but ...

if this was how the table had panned out and we had 4 games left of the season than fair enough, i would except most of the negativity

shouldnt that inspire us as fans on more, and with this big squad of ours, we're bound to take advantage of smaller and tireder squads :ayatollah:

would you rather be in forests shoes and have 1 more point with them fixtures coming up, or be in our shoes with a 'favouritable' run of games and a bigger squad ???

Thats the question you need to be asking yourselves, because i know my answer and thats to have our run in :)

I remember when i was on holiday, we played bristol city and watford, and we lost 3-0 and 4-1 and i was probally 10 times more annoyed than what you are feeling now. I was shitting myself coming back home, it was the day we played leeds, and what did we do, pull a good preformance out of the bag :ayatollah:

and we went on that good run which got ruined today but that went from the 4th jan to 19th feb without defeat :ayatollah:

i remember going on the messageboard after the watford and bristol game and it was bombarded with GET DJ OUT, WE AINT GOING UP. And for the first time ever, i agreed, im a DJ fan, always have been, but after them defeats i wanted him out just as much as you anti DJ's did. But i was willing to give him that final game to put it right and he did. and it took today to stop it. i regret now disobaying DJ, and i feel that he will take us up, if its through auto's or if its through playoffs. AND EVERYONE ELSE SHOULD ASWELL, IF YOU LIKE HIM OR NOT !!!!

With home support we should beat them, No getting on there backs, Supporting them 100% and then they will preform

CMON BLUEBIRDS

spot on matey

Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:44 am

Forever Blue wrote:My Worry is at every home game and some away games the Atmosphere does not feel like a Club going up.

I also Believe that DJ should speak out and ask Our fans to be the 12th Man and stir up some passion.

We have by far the best Squad in the Division and now they have to play like the best :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Think thats a good point Annis, players like Bellamy, Jay, JET and Burke should be pinning their ears back and backing their pace and skill against defenders, but for most of the last few games they have been stopping and just shuffling the ball sideways.

Far too much trying to play short passes in congested areas as well yesterday when there were better options available out wide.

Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:45 am

Lawnmower wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:My Worry is at every home game and some away games the Atmosphere does not feel like a Club going up.

Think thats a good point Annis, players like Bellamy, Jay, JET and Burke should be pinning their ears back and backing their pace and skill against defenders, but for most of the last few games they have been stopping and just shuffling the ball sideways.

Spot on there Tim, they are not playing to their full potential.

Far too much trying to play short passes in congested areas as well yesterday when there were better options available out wide.

Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:48 am

spot on annis just think now we can't afford to have fans vs players at this part of the season :cry:

Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:49 am

bluebirds23 wrote:

spot on annis just think now we can't afford to have fans vs players at this part of the season :cry:

Thats True Rob, Yesterday Forest players ran over to 4 sides of the ground at the end celebrating with their Fans, when do ours do that ?

Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:51 am

Top post Glammy

And fair point Annis with regards to DJ about coming out and asking fans to get behind them for the final push, probably the most important 3 months in the history of CCFC

KEEP THE FAITH

Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:55 am

Forever Blue wrote:
bluebirds23 wrote:

Thats True Rob, Yesterday Forest players ran over to 4 sides of the ground at the end celebrating with their Fans, when do ours do that ?

this is what i mean as you no from supporting the old CARDIFF CITY as i cal it, for example when earnie was here he would be running about place coming towards us if he scored or even lost same thorne etc. just think now tension is high and prob higher player we have got makes us fans turn quicker due to passion we want cuz some of players sometimes act as there something different which does not help the cause. i think if we had fans and players together at home game we could of picked up more points and it would be happy place for both ways at the mo i think it more of players going out at home going' here we go again we prob get booed' and fans going' oh for god sake they aint trying' until we can get the relationship sorted it could well cause us more probs than it should, my opinion tho

Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:05 pm

Spot on glammy but theres some good points some annis there too

Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:07 pm

In my opinion the most respect shown to the Cardiff fans yesterday was by Earnie who again refused to do his stock celebration.

Earnie is a player who loves this club, it's fans and it's traditions and yesterday he just did his job only better than any player in blue.

Another thing that gets to me is that my grandson went to his 2nd away game yesterday, Watford was the other, and he was proudly wearing his away shirt. Again the team came out wearing the all blue kit WHY? It costs a lot of money to but these replica shirts and the club has sold thousands if they don't intend to wear the away strip why not tell fans.

My grandson is only 8 but already he loves the club but as he siad to me yesterday evening I had the wrong shirt on again, it seem a stupid thing but I bet many fans yesterday had the away shirt on. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:09 pm

castleblue wrote:In my opinion the most respect shown to the Cardiff fans yesterday was by Earnie who again refused to do his stock celebration.

Earnie is a player who loves this club, it's fans and it's traditions and yesterday he just did his job only better than any player in blue.

Another thing that gets to me is that my grandson went to his 2nd away game yesterday, Watford was the other, and he was proudly wearing his away shirt. Again the team came out wearing the all blue kit WHY? It costs a lot of money to but these replica shirts and the club has sold thousands if they don't intend to wear the away strip why not tell fans.

My grandson is only 8 but already he loves the club but as he siad to me yesterday evening I had the wrong shirt on again, it seem a stupid thing but I bet many fans yesterday had the away shirt on. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Correct Earnie, showed us more Respect than our own players and that is sad.

Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:10 pm

Totally agree glammy. We should have at least drew yesterday and apart from 25 or so minutes were better than Forest. Brissle Shitty away and Jacks at home are the stand out games where we got it badly wrong. I have always had doubts about DJ as a tactician and being able to motivate a team, but his changes yesterday were spot on. And dont forget he has kept us at our highest level in decades. Beat Leicester and we are still in it for the autos :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:21 pm

glammy74 wrote:I understand some of your frustration but ...

CMON BLUEBIRDS

An alternative view.
The reason that fans don't think we will get automatic promotion is that we have virtually had a full squad recently and our form is not that of a team striving for automatic promotion.We also have no sign of any new players on the horizon which would give us the shot in the arm we need so we are stuck with the same players and fans are not confident they will improve to the level that is required for automatic promotion.

Every week that goes by and we drop points just adds to the frustration and the "dont worry because there are plent of games left" attitude is becoming increasingly ridiculous as we count down to the end of the season.We then look for celestial intervention with the "keep the faith" brigade which is about as useful as keeping your fingers crossed or buying some lucky heather.
We then get the "don't blame Dave Jones" brigade and the "get off our players back" brigade but the buck must stop somewhere. Jones himself complains that "expectations are so high in this part of the world" Well, I have news for you Jones , yes the expectations are high because you have a great squad at your disposal, excellent facilities and the biggest wage in the championship.
Our frustrations will grow week by week especially if our chances of an automatic place seem to be dissapearing.You must remember that our expectations are for an automatic place and when our form is not in keeping with having an automatic spot then fans will naturally become frustrated.This frustration is compounded by the "glass half full" brigade who seem quite content with finishing in the playoff positions.

The focus of many fans is the automatic positions, Jones and the players are judged on their ability to achieve this and we are currently falling short.This position is likely to continue and will simply not be good enough come the end of the season. Jones has an opportunity to turn things around but this will mean getting a little more from the players as individuals and as a team.There is little evidence to suggest that he is doing this at present and unless we improve then we can wave goodbye to an automatic spot.
I hope that Jones can somehow get a little more from the team but with only 14 games left our odds are lessening week by week hence our frustration growing.I would look to avoid the lottery of the playoffs but if thats our only path to the premiership then like most fans,I will support the team to the end.

Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:20 pm

Another good interesting Debate :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:14 pm

I would like to say "yet again" well done to the travelling city fans at forest, the noise was great.
If only the 20.000 plus home crowd could do the same, we could be pontypridd's twin of, the house of pain.

As for DJ, HE put this squad together and should be praised for it, if when they go into the arena, professional footballers having had team talk/tactics ect, can't make decisions on how to change a game for themselfs, then there is something wrong.

The wages they are on demand this, and as for no apraisal of fans after a game= is insulting to say the least.

Maybe they should remember who pays the wages.

All in all i think we will finish second, could be top with a bit of " WELSH WARRIORS PASSION"

Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:20 pm

agreed :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:22 pm

supercoops wrote:I would like to say "yet again" well done to the travelling city fans at forest, the noise was great.
If only the 20.000 plus home crowd could do the same, we could be pontypridd's twin of, the house of pain.

As for DJ, HE put this squad together and should be praised for it, if when they go into the arena, professional footballers having had team talk/tactics ect, can't make decisions on how to change a game for themselfs, then there is something wrong.

The wages they are on demand this, and as for no apraisal of fans after a game= is insulting to say the least.

Maybe they should remember who pays the wages.

All in all i think we will finish second, could be top with a bit of " WELSH WARRIORS PASSION"

Yes he did put the Squad together with Massive wages, now he has to jell it and manage it. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:32 pm

This Tuesday is a great oppurtunity for us to get behind the team and replicate the atmosphere we had in the last home game against Leicester, What an evening we had at the CCS beating Leicester to the play off final. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

We should all be getting behind the boys, they are in such a good position with the games they have remaining.

Also think they were really unlucky against Forest not to get more out of the game.

Come on Bluebirds do us proud on Tuesday night.