Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" DO YOU STILL MISS NINIAN PARK ? "

Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:43 pm

I Sadly do :cry:

Tell me what you miss

Re: " DO YOU STILL MISS NINIAN PARK ? "

Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:48 pm

Being able to stand on the terraces, the atmosphere, proper football ground.

I really do miss it.

Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:48 pm

Yes :ayatollah:
To say the atmosphere at the CCS is not the same is the biggest under statement of the decade.

Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:50 pm

yes still miss it. i miss standing on the bob bank terrace. miss the atmosphere which was created there. also miss the floodlights for some reason guess cos it is the first thing you see on your way there.

Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:56 pm

From Facebook

Mallo
Cardiff more than anything - old but beautiful home of the real city fan
A few seconds ago · Like

Anthony Chiplin
Yup miss my bobbank :-$
A few seconds ago · Like

Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:59 pm

pissing against walls in toilets which were barely standing,

Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:02 pm

im over it, times change, we needed to mve on....ninian park was great, but it was a shed, much better in the new stadia.....it holds a great nostalgic feel, but thats it really.....

Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:03 pm

i miss the days when we had a great playing surface to play football on!

Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:07 pm

It was perfect for football, I like the new place but Ninian just felt right for football. Even on the days when the atmosphere wasn't the best it was still an amazing place to be

Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:11 pm

I REALLY DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But finally am over it now, love the Canton 105 where I am. But still think its an average Identikit stadium at CCS. And to be honest if they had redeveloped NP (unlikely) it would have looked not do dissimilar.

But I really miss the crumbling, rusty old lady.

What I miss most
tumbling down the terraces when we score! Hurt myself when I do it at CCS!!!!!!!
Cracking open a can on the Grange end
'Lets all have a disco!'
Feeling close to the pitch and players
Actually a very decent playing surface, and that strange bow best visible from BB terrace
The old club shop
The ayatollah chant for each section of the ground
A rush that never died every time I walked into NP on match day

Wow I really do miss NP!
:ayatollah:
There definitely was a Ninian roar

Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:14 pm

I miss the stench of piss, beer, bovril, cigarette smoke and cooking fat. I miss the roar of the crowd. I miss the terraces, the bob bank village and the crap club shop. However I have the memories of cup shocks (leeds, citeh, chelsea), victories over the jacks and bristol shhitty and coming from 4 1 against plymouth.

I rarely missed a saturday game at ninian park despite living 2 hrs away. Now I struggle to motivate myself to go to the ccs. We all have to move on sadly but like you Annis I miss ,Ninian park.

Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:18 pm

I miss standing in the Bob Bank Bar during a gale one Saturday and the wall next to me falling off! :lol:

It was a bit of a shithole but it was our very special shithole! :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:27 pm

I really loved Ninian Park, yes it was a shithole but it was our shithole :lol:

There was something about it that felt homely and right. I'm getting used to the CCS but it doesn't seem to have the character that Ninian used to :cry:

Ninian Park: http://www.flickr.com/groups/ninianpark/pool/

edit: lol just realised I typed exactly the same as you Dange!

Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:29 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I Sadly do :cry:

Tell me what you miss

I know this will sound stupid but what I miss most is the floodlights, I like the new stadium it's a nice place to watch football, but for evening games the sight of the old floodlights on as you approached used to fill me with anticipation of what was to come.

http://www.oldgrounds.co.uk/ninian_park_cardiff.htm

Ninian Park didn't always provide the best football or even the best atmospheres but there was an air, not always pleasant on the nose, also it's own personality that made it a true sporting amphitheatre and it holds many special memories for me. Most of which are from matches under those lights.

The new stadium is still developing but it will develop it's own personality, at the moment it's not a true sporting atmosphere but perhaps the proposals for the Canton Stand are an important move to creating that. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:43 pm

It was like a second home to me. :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:47 pm

The intimidating factor it had, that defiantly won us some points

Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:47 pm

i was saying to fish yesterday that i miss having 4 different stands wouldve prefered to redevelop ninian instead of having one of these championship typical plastic bowls.

i miss the atmosphere the people around me on my bb seat.
also miss my bro n mates coming to games now as they had st in the bb but never renewed.

Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:10 pm

From Facebook

Sam Butler
yes, am going 2 the new stadium 4 ipswich, my first game there, be like meeting a step-mother for the 1st time lol
about an hour ago · Like

Iain Thomas we now play 46 away games in a season
about an hour ago · Like

Mallo
Cardiff tears are flowing the thought of taking out our seat annis - never ever for got the old lady poxy fooking houses now fish bowl across the road no atmosphere run by hitlers
about an hour ago · Like · 1 person

Neil Wixon i miss ninian park badly annis,i have a got photo frame of ninian park stadium with a clock in my bedroom which my step-daughter bought for me for xmas it a long side on my bed cabinet i miss it badly every time i go to new stadium
about an hour ago · Like · 3 people

Emma Mowat Bluebirds i wish we were still there tbh!!! ... she will be always missed and never forgotten!!
about an hour ago · Like · 2 people

Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:12 pm

From Facebook

Darren Royal I reckon we'd be flying with this squad at ninian with the old hostile atmosphere but new one attracts better players!
50 minutes ago · Like

Alex Franklin Ninian Park was a shithole. But it was our shithole! I miss the atmosphere. Football in the CCS is not the same... But we need to move on with the times and accept our new home.
48 minutes ago · Like · 2 people

Ken Culley it was the true home of the bluebirds nothing will ever be the same now
48 minutes ago · Like

Neil Wixon what i miss the most the 4 flood lights at ninian park
38 minutes ago · Like

Emma Mowat Bluebirds ninian park was a beautiful shithole tho alex!!!! jus dunno wot to do bout getin the atmosphere from ninian to CCS!! ninian park was the home to ppl like us but CCS is gunna be the all time home for the kids of today!! and it wud be fab if they grew up respecting and loving CCS the way we love and repect ninian park!!
38 minutes ago · Like

James Davies never well be as good as old ninian tho is was the best ye a shithole but midweek and night games ther was alway great and ccs is shit always told 2 sit down and ther is no atmosphere
24 minutes ago · Like · 1 person

Darren Royal At ninian u could stand or sit more or less where u like the ticket system at the new makes it hard for groups to form!
9 minutes ago · Like · 1 person

Gary Pinkard Too many people in the ccs who never went to ninian park. Bloke in front of me complains all the time to stewards. Bob bank and grange end atmosphere will never be forgotten, especially leeds fa cup match.
8 minutes ago

Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:12 pm

All the old songs :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:38 pm

i miss the closeness of the place,maybe the atmosphere was not as great as my rose tinted ears remember but you could hear the singing,from were i sit now the grange end i cant hear the canton stand singits so far away,i dont like the team warming up at the other end of the pitch,ccs is cold and soulless,just my opinion :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:46 pm

Forever Blue wrote: Tell me what you miss

The atmosphere.
Singing in THREE STANDS. What stands do we have singing in at the Cardiff City Stadium? 'Cause recently, I can't name one. Even against Swansea it was poor, that's pathetic for a derby.
I also miss the standing.. (which is why I might move over to the Canton), being told to sit down when I sit at the very back of the Ninian Stand is completley stupid, there's no one behind me to not be able to see so I don't see why stewards keep threatening me. The rule of no standing in the Ninian Stand has killed the atmosphere. At home games down Ninian Park, it was like an away game (atmosphere wise).
People say that when City play crap at home, it makes it dead.. I agree, but it was hardly ever like that down Ninian Park, it's like being at another teams ground besides we're staying here. We're losing our reputation for having LOUD fans, this has only gone down to away games now as we all know we are always loud away.
I just miss everything. I'm only sixteen and I've experienced enough down Ninian Park to know that it was incredible there. Match Day at Ninian Park was exciting.. at the CCS, it feels like we're playing a friendly.

Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:48 pm

I miss it when we go on the train and I see that is has totally gone I start to remember when I was a kid going down there and the excitement of seeing Ninian from the train..

But we had to have a new stadium to move on to modern times

Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:38 pm

ELY BOY wrote:Terribly, if the CCS is progress then send me back to the stone age. Not renewing my season ticket next year as I hate it so much :/ Its not Cardiff City anymore and never will be again. This Canton stand move was the last hope of atmosphere, we'll never be allowed rto create anyrthing by the away fans ever again.

Ely boy I agree 100%. Really sad to say I love Cardiff City, 39 now and being going since a kid but something has gone, club are just trying to sell me some sort of product.
Yes Ninian has gone can't get it back but it doesn't mean that I'm ok with the way things are now.
I'm in a quandry about season ticket as I'd rather go to more to away games than I do but have commitments with my son (same for some home games) but need season ticket to get away tickets especially if we did go up. Thinking of going halfers on an st with a mate. The thought of watching premiership footy with the City at the CCS doesn't thrill me anymore and that is one hell of statement and one I've had trouble admitting to myself.

Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:42 pm

simon1927 wrote:pissing against walls in toilets which were barely standing,

when i saw this thread.... first thing that jumped into my mind was......pissing on the walls :D

Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:58 pm

I miss sitting in the spar family stand looking directly across to the grange end and seeing the cardiff fans giving it large to the opposition fans. It was quite a sight.

Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:07 pm

[color=#0040FF]PASSION !!!!!![/color]

Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:09 pm

SORRY PASSION !!

Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:22 pm

I miss ninian park but sadly we have to move on but i just think if we got to the premier league in a couple of years we wouldnt have been allowed to play in the prem with ninian park :? :?

Yes the atmosphere is better at ninan park but fans would rather come to a cleaner stadiums thats why our attentances have improved so much :)

but we moan about the atmosphere but the problem is we only sing when were winning now and this season has proved that, the atmosphere is what we make it and this season it has been dreadful :? :?

hopefully WHEN we get to the premier league next season, we will get sell outs every week and the atmosphere brillant again :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Times have changed and we have to beileve in getting our football club to the next level

BLUEBIRDDSSSSSSSS

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:05 pm

big time !!!