Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " DO YOU STILL MISS NINIAN PARK ? "

Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:45 pm

Sometimes, though after being stuck in the spar family end for seasons with no bar it is great to have a bar etc the family end is a vast improvement. Though we used to 'upgrade' to the grange end for big games and for night games - which I really miss.

Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:56 pm

EVERYTHING.

Also the fact that I know so much history had taken place there. From my very first match which had the remainder of the team that beat Real Madrid as special guests for the day and walking around the pitch, it really hit home how much happened there which unfortunatley only remains in tv footage and in peoples hearts and minds.

Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:05 pm

i do, and it might sound strange, but not being there has cost us points,,, and a lot of them?

Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:12 pm

Atmosphere thats all. When i first went to ninian in 91 i stood on the bob bank and thought this is f*cking brilliant. I was hooked. Im never gona stop going but im not enjoying it now as much as when we were in the lower divisions. I think a lot of our singers are split up. im in the canton and i hope everyone makes the move over for next season. We were one of the best so lets sort it out

Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:14 pm

i miss the fustrating games...oh wait :roll:

Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:18 pm

Annis you know my thoughts on this, Ninian park will NEVER be replaced, the new stadium looks good and has better facilities but its just not the same as going to games at Ninian Park. The atmosphere in the new stadium has always and will always be shit, its not an intimidating place to come to and opposition teams no longer have the shits put up them. :(

Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:21 pm

nobby wrote:Annis you know my thoughts on this, Ninian park will NEVER be replaced, the new stadium looks good and has better facilities but its just not the same as going to games at Ninian Park. The atmosphere in the new stadium has always and will always be shit, its not an intimidating place to come to and opposition teams no longer have the shits put up them. :(

Dai
Its Sad really, Apparently away teams now love playing at the New Stadium, thats what they tell some of our players.

Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:23 pm

The new stadiums so identical to all the others, the opposition are used to playing there.

The only we as fans can do is try and recreate as best we can that Ninian Park atmosphere - but our club doesn't understand this, and so restrict us. As well as a lot of our fans.

Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:25 pm

f**k me i miss the old lady,breaks my fuckin heart to see those houses sat there now :(

What i miss the most tho is the BOB BANK . I was plonked in there at the age of 5 by the old man and thats where i stayed,it was a proper football stand full of proper football fans and mainly the reason no other side would dream of trying to take it,as an away fan you would only have to see the sheer numbers in there along with the PASSION and noise and think f**k ME!
Witnessed some great days on the bob bank and made many friends on there too over the years,miss it like f**k!
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:27 pm

sort of but prefer the CCS.

Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:27 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
nobby wrote:Annis you know my thoughts on this, Ninian park will NEVER be replaced, the new stadium looks good and has better facilities but its just not the same as going to games at Ninian Park. The atmosphere in the new stadium has always and will always be shit, its not an intimidating place to come to and opposition teams no longer have the shits put up them. :(

Dai
Its Sad really, Apparently away teams now love playing at the New Stadium, thats what they tell some of our players.

When we moved from Ninian Park it was certainly an end of an era and one that will never be replaced, but the only positive i have is that the memories will last forever. :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:28 pm

nobby wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Dai

When we moved from Ninian Park it was certainly an end of an era and one that will never be replaced, but the only positive i have is that the memories will last forever. :ayatollah:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

FOREVER WITH ME and MY FAMILY TOO :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:32 pm

I do watching the game from block A grandstand was a million times better than in 117 where i am now i think the only part of the Cardiff City Stadium that i actually prefer is the toilets :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:51 pm

BlueInHeath wrote:sort of but prefer the CCS.

im sure your a jack, your just a wind up merchant, i think if you seen a blue square on here, you would say it was white

Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:05 pm

Miss the intimidating factor and the pitch was 100 times better

Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:07 am

Forever Blue wrote:I Sadly do :cry:

Tell me what you miss

I miss everything about the shithole but especially the Bob Bank and the whole feel of the place. Even if we didn't play there it would've still been nice not to knock it down, but then I guess building shit houses helped fund the Library.

Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:46 am

Everytime I walk past and see them new houses it breaks my heart. :(

Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:47 am

Most of all I miss the terrace. I used to loved standing in the bob bank on a sunny day.

Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:27 pm

I miss Ninian Park but I see it every day....I have a picture on my desk at work of it and it always raises a smile

The club missed a trick and should have tried to recreate the intimadation factor that NP had, even with a 2500 rattling around it in the dungeon it was a place that away fans did not want to visit. If they want to recreate the atmosphere then switch the Canton with the Grange End and then we can get the atmosphere back

I miss more than anything turning into Sloper Road and seeing those magnificent floodlights on night game lighting up the night dodging the puddles on my way to the Bob Bank Ninian Park will never be forgotten

Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:38 pm

The CCS has shown for a few games that the potential for an atmosphere is there. Leicester games last season and the Swansea game last year were amazing. In fact, bar the Leeds game at Ninian Park I can think of few games at Ninian Park that rival the atmosphere at the Leicester games and Swansea games last season.

However, it's always going to be hard to forget the memories from Ninian Park. I think maybe many people's loss of Ninian Park is hampering the atmosphere at CCS. I still think we need to make CCS more unique with some more Welsh decor and some more personal touches. Maybe have a huge Welsh flag hanging from the roof of the Ninian Stand (enough so it doesn't block anyone's view obviously) and maybe have more flags in the stadium?

Without sounding harsh, I think absence has made many forget how shit Ninian Park was at times. I'll never forget some games in the 90s and especially the worst game ever when Colchester beat us 3-0 at home and it seemed certain we were throwing away promotion.

Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:55 pm

Without sounding harsh, I think absence has made many forget how shit Ninian Park was at times. I'll never forget some games in the 90s and especially the worst game ever when Colchester beat us 3-0 at home and it seemed certain we were throwing away promotion.[/quote]

there were worse games than that ..... Merthyr 4-1 defeat in the Welsh Cup, Maidstone 5-1, Huddersfield 5-1 not forgetting 3-1 defeat to Aldershot in front of 1679...

The atmosphere at times was never the best but it felt like a second home

Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:13 pm

Yes, FACT :cry:

Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:24 pm

i hate the ccs
miss ninian big time
we had a better atmosphere with 6000 than 20000 at the ikea flat pack stadium FACT

Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:28 pm

Walking up Sloper road in the night games to see the flood and hear the roar of the away fans.
Wolves springs to mind.
Miss it like hell !

Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:44 pm

Annis, nothing will ever replace the Grange End at Ninian Park. We can try to make The Canton in our new stadium more vocal and start off the chants which hopefully will be picked up in The Ninian Stand but for sheer vocal atmosphere and intimidating the away fans The Grange End was in a class of its own. I really miss it mate. Terry.

Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:06 am

I used to go through my own pre-season training, the first couple of games my back used to ache standing up for 5 hours (walking to game, standing, then walking back) once the season got underway I was ready :lol:

Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:29 am

CCFC- Bramhill wrote:Walking up Sloper road in the night games to see the flood and hear the roar of the away fans.
Wolves springs to mind.
Miss it like hell !

You couldn't have described it any better. :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:28 am

I miss the buzz I used to get walking up the steps into the grange end. I've never had that feeling in the new stadium. Other teams used to b afraid of coming to ninian park and that's the way it should be and I honestly think we would've been promoted last year or def this year if we were still playing there with the atmosphere and the whole buzz of the place. But sadly we have had to move on. I'd give anything to hav another chance to watch the bluebirds at ninian park on a cold wet tuesday night :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:51 am

agree with most on here, the atmosphere, the feeling you used to get walking in late and it was already full and roaring was amazing. i knew we had to move on and loved the new stadium until i actually went in it for a match! i had forgotten about it until you put those pics up and know youve upset me! :lol: