Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Any landlords in Cardiff prepared to do a Morgans ??????????

Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:01 pm

I am not sure how they did it (was it computer link or some supersonic satellite system), but it was brilliant in there, good atmosphere, plenty of booze and the £3.00 curry.

Can they get in trouble ?

Someone in there mentioned a court case in Portsmouth saying it may be legal in the future ????

It would be good if some pubs in Cardiff could do the same (how about the Ninain?) because it was packed there, and must be a massive money maker ???

Re: Any landlords in Cardiff prepared to do a Morgans ??????????

Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:17 pm

It is illegal on Sky's say so. :lol:

I think Sky can only complain if premises are getting a feed of THEIR OWN broadcast without paying them for it. I believe the case in Portsmouth went to the european courts and as the landlady was legitimately paying a european satellite company for their package and, in turn, the european company were legitimately buy viewing rights from the Prem and FL, the european court could not see what she was doing wrong.

Sky are obviously fighting as it makes they have got exclusive rights in the UK. Lots of pubs are watching to see what happens, it may be that rights will be per country but with each company being able to sell euroean wide, giving Sky some competition for price if UK residents don't mind foreign commentary.

It's just a normal satelitte dish but with the viewing card for the said company in Denmark, they can broadcast at 3pm unlike Sky.

Also if you are lucky some nice gentleman in Denmark may feed his picture to the net and then you can sit athome and watch it free an ypur PC. I fed it to the tv and watched on the big screen, not as good a picture as getting it like Morgans via the satellite.

Re: Any landlords in Cardiff prepared to do a Morgans ??????????

Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:14 pm

Wayne S wrote:It is illegal on Sky's say so. :lol:

I think Sky can only complain if premises are getting a feed of THEIR OWN broadcast without paying them for it. I believe the case in Portsmouth went to the european courts and as the landlady was legitimately paying a european satellite company for their package and, in turn, the european company were legitimately buy viewing rights from the Prem and FL, the european court could not see what she was doing wrong.

Sky are obviously fighting as it makes they have got exclusive rights in the UK. Lots of pubs are watching to see what happens, it may be that rights will be per country but with each company being able to sell euroean wide, giving Sky some competition for price if UK residents don't mind foreign commentary.

It's just a normal satelitte dish but with the viewing card for the said company in Denmark, they can broadcast at 3pm unlike Sky.

Also if you are lucky some nice gentleman in Denmark may feed his picture to the net and then you can sit athome and watch it free an ypur PC. I fed it to the tv and watched on the big screen, not as good a picture as getting it like Morgans via the satellite.

Nice one cheers for that mate, interesting times........... :ayatollah: