Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ALI YASSINE

Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:47 pm

PtB wrote:I'm not even Welsh and it appeals to me that they cater for both. Keep it up I say.

Well said mate

Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:55 pm

Pricey wrote:
PtB wrote:I'm not even Welsh and it appeals to me that they cater for both. Keep it up I say.

Well said mate

yep :ayatollah: imagine being at the bAR at half time in the ccs AND THE ANNOUNCEMENT CAME, WELSH SPEAKERS 1ST AT THE BAR LADIES AND GENTS, BE A FKIN RIOT :D :D :D

Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:26 pm

ali wrote:Just got in to read this lively debate on the use of Welsh at the stadium and, despite the time, felt it was worthy of a contribution.

By the way, this is just my personal opinion and not an official statement from the club.

Firstly, thanks ashccfc and everyone else for your kind words of support.

Just to clarify, due to our bilingual policy, both English and Welsh are given equal status in the stadium and this is reflected not just on the tannoy for both City and Blues games but throughout the stadium with the bilingual signs and the employment of a number of bilingual staff. Indeed, the club has also put on Welsh lessons for adults and has promoted bilingual Adult Literacy events as part of its committment to the bilingual policy. There is also an intention to develop more Welsh language initiatives if and when possible.

However, the bilingual policy is not intended to isolate or marginalise any of the fans. It is also not a pandering to the 'taffia' (whoever they are) as some would like to have it but a simple pride in the club's Welsh identity and heritage, an identity we are often reminded of whenever sizeable numbers of away fans visit or when the club plays away games.

With regard to the use of Welsh on the tannoy on match days, the fact of the matter is that, apart from a hello and welcome, the odd use of 'ladies and gentleman' and the announcement of added time in Welsh, very little of the language is spoken on the tannoy. The vast majority of the announcements are in English and will continue to be.

The Welsh language is Europe's oldest living language and, thanks in part to initiatives such as our bilingual policy, is enjoying a ressurgence in the capital. As the last line of the anthem states: O bydded i'r hen iaith parhau - long may the old language continue.
spoke

HI AlI I'm glad you see it as a debate as some in this thread do not understand the word debate, you may remember I spoke to you about this at the trust evening when Dave Jones and DATO Chan did their double act\you will also know that \i have total respect for you as as i rang you one Saturday morning for advice as to what to buy for an Asian colleague of mine as his wife had jut given birth to their son and I wanted to buy them a traditional Asian present rather than the bog standard M & S baby grow, back to the topic, it's certainly not anti welsh but just a simple point that imo by giving preferential treatment to the elitist language the club is forgetting that their most important customers(by volume are English speaking) whilst I agree it is not something that is important-why has the cub deemed it important enough to feel it be changed from English 1st to Welsh?.
I fully support the bi lingual approach But English 1st has been OK for over a 100 years or so
Why the change? who has given the order?

Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:31 pm

Can't believe all this Shit being written on here. This is WALES for Gods sake - get used to it! :evil:

Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:31 pm

Ruislip Blue wrote:
ali wrote:Just got in to read this lively debate on the use of Welsh at the stadium and, despite the time, felt it was worthy of a contribution.

By the way, this is just my personal opinion and not an official statement from the club.

Just to clarify, due to our bilingual policy, both English and Welsh are given equal status in the stadium and this is reflected not just on the tannoy for both City and Blues games but throughout the stadium with the bilingual signs and the employment of a number of bilingual staff. Indeed, the club has also put on Welsh lessons for adults and has promoted bilingual Adult Literacy events as part of its committment to the bilingual policy. There is also an intention to develop more Welsh language initiatives if and when possible.

However, the bilingual policy is not intended to isolate or marginalise any of the fans. It is also not a pandering to the 'taffia' (whoever they are) as some would like to have it but a simple pride in the club's Welsh identity and heritage, an identity we are often reminded of whenever sizeable numbers of away fans visit or when the club plays away games.

With regard to the use of Welsh on the tannoy on match days, the fact of the matter is that, apart from a hello and welcome, the odd use of 'ladies and gentleman' and the announcement of added time in Welsh, very little of the language is spoken on the tannoy. The vast majority of the announcements are in English and will continue to be.

The Welsh language is Europe's oldest living language and, thanks in part to initiatives such as our bilingual policy, is enjoying a ressurgence in the capital. As the last line of the anthem states: O bydded i'r hen iaith parhau - long may the old language continue.

Ali

Excellent conclusion to a lively!!! debate. It would appear that you have the the full support of all fans at CCFC apart from one racist. Keep up the good work. Look forward to hearing your bilingual announcements tomorrow evening.

After all, this is the land of our fathers.

I am all for healthy debate but ignorance, bigotry and extreme rudeness are unnacceptable.

Regards

What was the weather like in ENGLAND when you woke up this morning :D :D you loves Wales so much you fucked off to England hypocrit :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:34 pm

BlueInHeath wrote:

spoke

HI AlI I'm glad you see it as a debate as some in this thread do not understand the word debate, you may remember I spoke to you about this at the trust evening when Dave Jones and DATO Chan did their double act\you will also know that \i have total respect for you as as i rang you one Saturday morning for advice as to what to buy for an Asian colleague of mine as his wife had jut given birth to their son and I wanted to buy them a traditional Asian present rather than the bog standard M & S baby grow, back to the topic, it's certainly not anti welsh but just a simple point that imo by giving preferential treatment to the elitist language the club is forgetting that their most important customers(by volume are English speaking) whilst I agree it is not something that is important-why has the cub deemed it important enough to feel it be changed from English 1st to Welsh?.
I fully support the bi lingual approach But English 1st has been OK for over a 100 years or so
Why the change? who has given the order?

Why not the change? It really doesn't matter surely??? Like I said, we are a Welsh club, in a Welsh city, in a Welsh country. Ok, so the majority speak English but at a time when we are worried that our club is losing some of its identity after leaving Ninian Park, surely maintaining the Welsh language and putting it first so people are subjected to that traditional feel is only a good thing?

I, for one, think it is actually a good thing they put the Welsh version first. Hopefully it will raise awareness and interest in the language that is suffering for reasons you are debating. Like I said, if you don't want to speak Welsh then fair dos but I don't see what harm putting the Welsh language first is doing? Where as putting the English language first would kind of be damaging the Welsh language.

Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:35 pm

Berwyn wrote:
BlueInHeath wrote:

seiously Go and leak a few more emails

Bit of a cheap shot that, and to be fair if you are going to hide behind your keyboard and dish out cheap shots you could at least get your facts right.

I was never accused of leaking emails, I was accused of hacking Ridsdales emails, the leaking of which was down to someone else apparently, or so I was told.

Fact is if you ask around you would know that those emails circulated several people for a few weeks before the newspapers got hold of them. One person in particular wrote an article on his website, at least two weeks before anyone that I know had seen them, that contained information that could only have come from those emails. Yes I was quite high on the food chain but I was no where near the top, that's a fact.

The ironic part here is I once protected the information at the club. They got rid of me, the leaks spun out of control, and then had the cheek to look in my direction. Again with an ironic view, Ridsdale getting rid of me probably led to his downfall in that he effectively removed the protection the information was getting from me.

Trust me, over the years if I was minded to leak information then you would have known about it. While I was at the club there was only the odd leak here and there, which were very few and far between, but none of the tasty stuff ever got out, that's a fact. Since I left a river has been flowing, we even get weekly updates ffs. There is definitely still someone at the club passing out stuff, of that I have no doubt. That's all I know is it's got nothing to do with me and that person will be outed sooner or later and of that I have no doubt.

Rest assured though that should any further information find my inbox I will deal with it in the correct manner by forwarding it the Malaysian's, it's their club, their problem, let them deal with it without involving me or anyone else who can be seen as an easy target.

Seriously though, if you don't like hearing Welsh being spoken in Wales then I suggest you f**k off back to england. iF you cannot take it Berwyn dont give it butt

Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:38 pm

BlueInHeath wrote:
Pricey wrote:

Well said mate

yep :ayatollah: imagine being at the bAR at half time in the ccs AND THE ANNOUNCEMENT CAME, WELSH SPEAKERS 1ST AT THE BAR LADIES AND GENTS, BE A FKIN RIOT :D :D :D

That's a great idea mate, I would never have to queue for a watered down pint again :D

Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:43 pm

totally offtopic, but I think Lithuanian is the oldest living language in Europe (cool brag dude)

Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:43 pm

Uncle Fester wrote:

Hi Ali, (SBF1 here mate) good reply.

It's good to see some differing opinions and having Welsh announcements at the stadium but they don't bother me at all. Truth be known, I wish I could speak Welsh. But I don't.

If you ever got into another clubs ground (English club that is) and hijacked the tannoy system and did some announcing in Welsh, I suspect attitudes would change eh? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Keep up the good work mate. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

It's easier on here than trout biting down the lake steve :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:45 pm

Oh I can take it but my comment was relevant to the thread in hand and might I add quite right. Yours was just a dig at me. Your argument sucks and so you went for cheap shots. Because people are accused of things doesn't make them guilty of it.
I might add that I could also take things a lot better off people who don't hide behind a keyboard. I find that people who hide and take cheap shots are generally wankers. But that's just my observation of people.

Oh and yes, f**k off back to england if you don't like hearing Welsh being spoken in Wales.

Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:45 pm

quadsas wrote:totally offtopic, but I think Lithuanian is the oldest living language in Europe (cool brag dude)

It's hotly debated and not able to really be proven because you can't really determine when the first language was spoken. Welsh, Basque, Icelandic, Albanian, Greek and Lithuanian all have strong claims. Maybe one day they can really find out.

Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:49 pm

It's easier on here than trout biting down the lake steve :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote]

SOD!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:52 pm

Zabier wrote:
quadsas wrote:totally offtopic, but I think Lithuanian is the oldest living language in Europe (cool brag dude)

It's hotly debated and not able to really be proven because you can't really determine when the first language was spoken. Welsh, Basque, Icelandic, Albanian, Greek and Lithuanian all have strong claims. Maybe one day they can really find out.

well atleast I know that my language is the least changed after all these years

Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:54 pm

quadsas wrote:
Zabier wrote:

well atleast I know that my language is the least changed after all these years

Too f*cking right? The Greeks have just been so wreckless with their changes. Ancient Greek, Modern Greek, Post-Modern Greek, Get Him To The Greek! Greedy Greeks!

Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:55 pm

Bit of a cheap shot that, and to be fair if you are going to hide behind your keyboard and dish out cheap shots you could at least get your facts right.[/quote]

Sorry to rain on your parade Berwyn, I Hide behind nothing what are you trying to imply?, do you think that you should be known to me before I'm allowed to post on here? and you started the shitty stuff so dont get all sanctimonious on me, I am known to a few on here GWYN, Corky, ALI, UNCLE FESTER now what am i hiding from? please explain.

Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:57 pm

BlueInHeath wrote:Bit of a cheap shot that, and to be fair if you are going to hide behind your keyboard and dish out cheap shots you could at least get your facts right.

Sorry to rain on your parade Berwyn, I Hide behind nothing what are you trying to imply?, do you think that you should be known to me before I'm allowed to post on here? and you started the shitty stuff so dont get all sanctimonious on me, I am known to a few on here GWYN, Corky, ALI, UNCLE FESTER now what am i hiding from? please explain.[/quote]

Berwyn and BlueInHeath please mature up lads. I know you probably want Claire to spank you but she doesn't spank... she batters! You're both capable of a decent debate without low blows so get involved and do it. :ayatollah:

Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:59 pm

Zabier wrote:
BlueInHeath wrote:Bit of a cheap shot that, and to be fair if you are going to hide behind your keyboard and dish out cheap shots you could at least get your facts right.

Sorry to rain on your parade Berwyn, I Hide behind nothing what are you trying to imply?, do you think that you should be known to me before I'm allowed to post on here? and you started the shitty stuff so dont get all sanctimonious on me, I am known to a few on here GWYN, Corky, ALI, UNCLE FESTER now what am i hiding from? please explain.

Berwyn and BlueInHeath please mature up lads. I know you probably want Claire to spank you but she doesn't spank... she batters! You're both capable of a decent debate without low blows so get involved and do it. :ayatollah:[/quote]

HE started it, I've just continued it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:00 pm

Well said Zabier. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: ...was a good debate, no need for low blows. :old:

Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:03 pm

Zabier wrote:

Berwyn and BlueInHeath please mature up lads. I know you probably want Claire to spank you but she doesn't spank... she batters! You're both capable of a decent debate without low blows so get involved and do it. :ayatollah:[/quote]

That's fine but don't get personal about legal issues that both I and my family had to go through. If anyone wants to make slanderous (or liable) comments then at least do it under their own name so it's them who have to stand by the comment rather than the owner of the mb.
Maybe to make my point I should make unfounded accusations against Chris and his family to see how he likes it?

Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:04 pm

Why has it come up that I posted what someone else said and someone else posted what I said... or is my pc being f*cking remedial again? :? :D

Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:04 pm

Marc wrote:Well said Zabier. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: ...was a good debate, no need for low blows. :old:

Yes marc, was a decent debate imo, but do you think i\ should just lie down when one poster calls me a tw*t and another aracist, f**k them, what do the mods do on here? or have you got to be in the in crowd?

Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:05 pm

Panic over, my pc was being a dickhead. Not that anyone cares!

Right, glad you've now shaken cocks and made up. Fighting was a waste of two lads who clearly have the potential to actually make great cases for a debate.

Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:15 pm

BlueInHeath wrote:
Marc wrote:Well said Zabier. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: ...was a good debate, no need for low blows. :old:

Yes marc, was a decent debate imo, but do you think i\ should just lie down when one poster calls me a tw*t and another aracist, f**k them, what do the mods do on here? or have you got to be in the in crowd?

Chris, the name calling is embarrassing, I don't agree with you and you don't agree with me on this thread but we haven't started hurling personal abuse towards each other :D ...the mods do a great job on here so wouldn't go down that road. This is a good thread/debate, but whatever differences you and Berwyn have then to settle it have a fight (joking).. :lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:19 pm

Marc wrote:
BlueInHeath wrote:

Chris, the name calling is embarrassing, I don't agree with you and you don't agree with me on this thread but we haven't started hurling personal abuse towards each other :D ...the mods do a great job on here so wouldn't go down that road. This is a good thread/debate, but whatever differences you and Berwyn have then to settle it have a fight (joking).. :lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

:lol: There's the moderation approach that should be adopted. Ninian Park car park, tomorrow night, 6pm! No gloves! Nah, in all seriousness lads the name calling is childish. If you started it, feel ashamed. If you reacted, as hard as it is not to, you're matching them on their level. Forget about it lads. None of you lads really know each other anyway (in this particularly instance) which makes the vitriol a bit pointless.

Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:19 pm

Marc wrote:
BlueInHeath wrote:

Don't think a mod has been on for quite some time. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:26 pm

Marc wrote:
BlueInHeath wrote:

I DON'T DO FIGHTING MARC, I'M SOFT AS SHIT BUT I'LL ARGUE TILL THE DAY IS LONG over an issue i believe in but back to my point which you failed to comment( I have been called a racist in this thread and no one has done anything about it, that stinks, imo however good the mods are they have failed in this thread an i'm disgusted that that accusation has been cast against me on this MB

Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:29 pm

BlueInHeath wrote:

And where exactly did I call you a tw*t? or a aracist (what ever that is)? That's all I did was state that if you don't like a country language being spoken in that country then you should f**k off out of it. How does that warrent you going below the belt with accussations that you nor anyone else can justify? If I had called you a tw*t or a aracist (?) then maybe deserved but I did not.

Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:30 pm

You're not wrong about the arguing bit :lol: :lol:....but if you feel that you've been labelled a racist or been treated unfairly then you can flag the post and a mod will look at it. :D :ayatollah:

Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:37 pm

Berwyn wrote:
BlueInHeath wrote:

And where exactly did I call you a tw*t? or a aracist (what ever that is)? That's all I did was state that if you don't like a country language being spoken in that country then you should f**k off out of it. How does that warrent you going below the belt with accussations that you nor anyone else can justify? If I had called you a tw*t or a aracist (?) then maybe deserved but I did not.

BERWYN i idn't say you, i said"in this thread",and you have no right to tell me to f**k off anywhere,(When you retort to that level, I'll dish it back) what's warrent? if we are being a pedant (own goal me thinks):lol: :lol: