Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

ONLY BELLERS WOULD GET IN LEAGUE 11

Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:45 pm

people bang on cardiff best squad in div take the blinkers off only bellers would get in a league 11 our back 4 are poor midfield average at best lately front players are not working or scoring enough we give the ball to many times. on our day we can beat anyone but dont do week in week out like most top sides :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: ONLY BELLERS WOULD GET IN LEAGUE 11

Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:48 pm

steve wrote:people bang on cardiff best squad in div take the blinkers off only bellers would get in a league 11 our back 4 are poor midfield average at best lately front players are not working or scoring enough we give the ball to many times. on our day we can beat anyone but dont do week in week out like most top sides :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Bit of a contradiction there Steveo. If you say that on our day we can beat anyone....how can you say our defence and midfield are poor?

Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:53 pm

Bellamy would get in a league 11?

Givwn he's played basically half the games, no.

Given his performances have been up and down - good performances countable on one hand - no chance.

Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:01 pm

we dont which cardiff team are going to turn up on paper we got a good squad but we all know football is not played on paper
i said at this moment in time we are not playing good enough to many players out of form only doing it now and again thats most of our players would not get in league 11

Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:06 pm

steve wrote:we dont which cardiff team are going to turn up on paper we got a good squad but we all know football is not played on paper
i said at this moment in time we are not playing good enough to many players out of form only doing it now and again thats most of our players would not get in league 11

Teams usually have one or two players out of form - when so many seem to be out of form on a consistent basis, then questions about the managers approach obviously need to be asked. What is DJ doing wrong, and can he remedy it very quickly so that we can get where we ALL want to be?

As you said, on paper we are good - so something must be damaging us, and I don't think so many players could be able to play so poorly off their own backs.

Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:33 pm

So you havent noticed kevin mcnaughton and mark hudson? Theyve been superb all season and should in the league 11 (football league awards i presume ur talking about) . Compared to bellamy who hasnt set the league a light and for doesnt get into the game enough as hes always marked by 2/3 players wen he receives the ball.

Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:13 pm

Super Kev has been the best player in the league this season in my opinion. So consistent.

Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:15 pm

Yeah agree with above super Kev. TBH dont think Bellers would even make that team :o :oops: :cry:

Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:32 pm

Nah bellamy has hardly been setting the world on fire

Kev defo would

Possibly hudson (if he carries on playing like he has done lately for a while)

and jay (if he re-finds his form from earlier in the season)

Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:59 pm

Let's not forget Ramsey. He would walk into any Championship team and even most Premiership