Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

DO YOU STILL BELIEVE WE WILL MAKE THE TOP 2.

Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:24 pm

Im doubting us now, the Jerks are starting to piss me off to we cant shake them off.

We have the best squad we possibly have ever had and we are still not walking this league which im sure most of us expected, we have quality all over the park but my main concern is that we are a team of INDIVIDUALS and its starting to show.

14 games to go and a lot to play for, but im not that confident of a win Tuesday either so the doubt is well and truly kicking in, anyone else feel the same.

Re: DO YOU STILL BELIEVE WE WILL MAKE THE TOP 2.

Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:29 pm

i agree we have a side not a team an forest play as a team as well has qpr
we make the play offs which in my eyes is a failure considreing the
players we have brought in an money laid out wich comes down to
poor managment he cant motivate the team an play as a team

Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:30 pm

Sadly Dai, I have never felt we would under DJ and this season he has not been able to change my mind.
Brought together the best Squad I've seen in 38 years, But they now need to be Managed.

Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:33 pm

No i dont i think its play offs for us , and speaking truthfully no play off final :roll:

Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:33 pm

Summed up perfectly Nobby.

Our players seem to want to play when it suits them - Beat Swansea, then struggle next few games. We could just as easily beat Leicester on tuesday, then lose the next 3 matches. All depends on if the players can be bothered ; a problem that I don't think we would have with a different manager in charge.

Can you imagine Warnock putting up with that kind of inconsistency? Would he hell!

The players raise the bar when they pull of performances like the two leeds matches, swansea away - they should be able to meet the expectations for matches against other teams more regularly than they do right now. I don't think they will unofrtunately - I want to be positive and believe we can, but I wouldn't be truthful then.
Last edited by tylerdurdenisabluebird on Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:34 pm

sleepers wrote:i agree we have a side not a team an forest play as a team as well has qpr
we make the play offs which in my eyes is a failure considreing the
players we have brought in an money laid out wich comes down to
poor managment he cant motivate the team an play as a team

I think motivation, togetherness and passion is what is needed to get us through the final push for promotion, unfortunately in DJ we have a manager who struggles to promote any of these attributes.

Look at Leeds, Norwich and even the Jerks they are not brilliant teams and do not have superstars in their teams, but all 3 teams posses the 3 ingredients for success and its working for them, but unfortunately not for us. :(

Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:37 pm

nobby wrote:Im doubting us now, the Jerks are starting to piss me off to we cant shake them off.

We have the best squad we possibly have ever had and we are still not walking this league which im sure most of us expected, we have quality all over the park but my main concern is that we are a team of INDIVIDUALS and its starting to show.

14 games to go and a lot to play for, but im not that confident of a win Tuesday either so the doubt is well and truly kicking in, anyone else feel the same.

Yep we will Leicester and Forest have hard run in's for me it's
QPR
Cardiff
Swansea and Forest next two
then Leicester and any 1 from 6.........

Keep the Faith, we have the easiest run in.... :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:41 pm

Bluebina wrote:
nobby wrote:Im doubting us now, the Jerks are starting to piss me off to we cant shake them off.

QPR
Cardiff

Keep the Faith, we have the easiest run in.... :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

In my opinion there is no such thing as an easier run in, been a fan for too long to think any different and have seen many disappointments in the past, look at Scunthorpe V Forest for example, everyone thought 3 easy points for Forest, does not always work out that way. But i do like your optimism so i respect you for that. :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:47 pm

nobby wrote:
Bluebina wrote:

QPR
Cardiff

In my opinion there is no such thing as an easier run in, been a fan for too long to think any different and have seen many disappointments in the past, look at Scunthorpe V Forest for example, everyone thought 3 easy points for Forest, does not always work out that way. But i do like your optimism so i respect you for that. :ayatollah:

Cheers mate, I respect your views and experience too !!!!

But ask yourself honestly would you rather have our teams to play or Forests ???

It has to be ours so logically that is an easier run in :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Keep the Faith we are going up this year.............

Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:49 pm

Hope your right. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:51 pm

nobby wrote:Hope your right. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

So do I :lol:

Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:05 pm

I think we will go up as champions :o :D :ayatollah: I am being serious too and i am not drunk at this moment in time :lol: , Just trying to feel positive.

Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:07 pm

Bluebina wrote:
nobby wrote:Hope your right. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

So do I :lol:

Agree with you Nobby.

We need a decent performance Tuesday that's for sure. We can start by taking more of the chances we get.

Some team will get a drubbing from us soon and as soon as that happens, we will go on a very decent run.

Only an opinion though. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: