Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Lee Camp

Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:33 pm

Don't really like the guy but thought he had a cracking game yesterday! And did you see his reaction when Forest scored and at the full time whistle, he showed real passion towards there fans and it looked like it really ment something to him. We could do with a few players with the same attitude as him!

Re: Lee Camp

Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:57 am

Delboy wrote:Don't really like the guy but thought he had a cracking game yesterday! And did you see his reaction when Forest scored and at the full time whistle, he showed real passion towards there fans and it looked like it really ment something to him. We could do with a few players with the same attitude as him!

I said the exact same thing to my friend.

Camp is probably the best keeper in the Championship.

Definately top 5.

Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:22 am

Yeah, funny how he was playing for QPR a few seasons ago!

I've always found him a right wind up merchant and he has that look of just being a knob. However, the players on both sides seem to enjoy good banter with him throughout the games and after. He also loves the banter with the fans. I'd love him as a keeper but as an opposing keeper God he's annoying! :D

Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:50 am

Top keeper who we sold for an embarrassingly low price of £350k to Forest.

But to be fair I'd say we have the best keeper in the division in Paddy Kenny on 16 clean sheets from 31 games.

Agree with the original poster though Camp shows a lot of passion & its great to see.

Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:40 pm

i dont think clean sheets should be the only way to tell who is the better keeper.

for me the best keeper in the division is weedwood @coventry

Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:46 pm

Top 5 in division id av to say are:
1. Paddy Kenny
2. Lee Camp
3. Kieron Westwood (Would be class with a good defence in front of him)
4. Dorus De Vries
5. Julian Speroni (Again if he had a good defence in front of him would be alot better)

Id put tom heaton at 6 :ayatollah:

Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:31 pm

Agree goalies should not be solely judged on clean sheets but surely its no different from strikers being judged on goals?

I'm not kidding you Paddy Kenny has made some absolutely vital saves for us this season, times when you say that's a goal & he's managed to keep it out. He's worth at least 15 points to us on his own going by his performances this year. Defo POTY.

How's Heaton been for you? We had him on loan last season for a few games he didn't look anything special but he seems to be doing quite well this season.

Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:34 pm

I think we need better than Heaton but he's alright. Not setting the world alight. I think I prefer Marshall as well.

I'd have the top five as...

1. Westwood
2. Camp
3. Kenny
4. Speroni
5. De Vries

Those five are head and shoulers (gloves) above the rest.