Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Leicester and Forest have peaked too early .............

Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:35 pm

Almost everyone is tipping them to sneak into the top two, I think they are on top form at this moment in time which is too early. OK Forest beat us, but only just and at home and their keeper was man of the match, we could have easily beat them. Leicester also have hit form and are dangerous, but lets see how they cope on Tuesday ???

For me it's still QPR and Cardiff with the easiest run in's but the dark horses are Swansea and Norwich, it's going to be an interesting end to the season this year ......... :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Leicester and Forest have peaked too early .............

Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:35 pm

We've only really peaked once though, can you see us doing it again?

Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:37 pm

Bluebina wrote:Almost everyone is tipping them to sneak into the top two, I think they are on top form at this moment in time which is too early. OK Forest beat us, but only just and at home and their keeper was man of the match, we could have easily beat them. Leicester also have hit form and are dangerous, but lets see how they cope on Tuesday ???

For me it's still QPR and Cardiff with the easiest run in's but the dark horses are Swansea and Norwich, it's going to be an interesting end to the season this year ......... :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

You may be right about Leicester and forest peaking too early.

Mind you, the same was said about Sunderland under Roy Keane 4 or 5 years ago.

Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:40 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:We've only really peaked once though, can you see us doing it again?

We've not really peaked at all - around Easter would be nice though

Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:43 pm

alfie sherwood wrote:
Bluebina wrote:Almost everyone is tipping them to sneak into the top two, I think they are on top form at this moment in time which is too early. OK Forest beat us, but only just and at home and their keeper was man of the match, we could have easily beat them. Leicester also have hit form and are dangerous, but lets see how they cope on Tuesday ???

You may be right about Leicester and forest peaking too early.

Mind you, the same was said about Sunderland under Roy Keane 4 or 5 years ago.

That was rare though, now really is the business end of the season and it's the teams that start to play now that will go up automatically the past is just history, it's the future that is important and confidence. If we can get a little run going after Leicester against the weaker teams confidence can grow and we can start to play again.

The opposite could happen with Leicester and Forest, a couple of bad results against top teams, could see confidence drain and a bad run at just the wrong time.

We have to stick together and help the team through, starting against leicester, that will be one of our hardest remaining games :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:14 pm

Agreed Forest & Leicester are on a roll, QPR have'nt hit a bad patch yet, Swansea, Norwich, Leeds and unfortunately City are inconsistent ............... Hang on boys quite the rollacoster ride from now till May - Keep the faith !

:old:

Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:49 pm

alfie sherwood wrote:Mind you, the same was said about Sunderland under Roy Keane 4 or 5 years ago.

Didn't they have the luxury of spending millions in the window though?