Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Nice one Kev... " WE CANT FEEL SORRY FOR OURSELVES "

Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:12 pm

...hopefully the whole team are as positive as Kev after Saturday and are fully focused with the task in hand

20 February 2011

Cardiff City's Kevin McNaughton targets Leicester scalp

Cardiff's Kevin McNaughton says the Championship sides are well matched
Cardiff City defender Kevin McNaughton says Saturday's 2-1 loss at Nottingham Forest will soon be forgotten if they can beat Leicester City on Tuesday.
The Foxes are only four points behind Cardiff in fourth place, with Forest in second and Swansea City third.
So a win at home to Leicester would go a long way to safeguarding Cardiff's spot among the play-off places.
"We've got to pick ourselves up again because we can't really feel sorry for ourselves," McNaughton said.
"We've got a big game again Tuesday and... we've got to really get on with it and try and get ourselves up there again.

"Leicester are on a good run of form but we've been on a decent run up until this result [at Forest].
"You look at the chances that we created, they were probably the best chances of the game.
"Their goalkeeper [Lee Camp] has made some great saves and we just couldn't get the ball in the net."
Although Cardiff have now fallen out of the automatic promotion places, to be replaced by Forest, McNaughton believes that it will go down to the wire over the final 14 games of the regular season.
"You look at the result with Forest [who lost 1-0 at relegation-threatened Scunthorpe] during the week, anybody can beat anybody in this league," McNaughton added.

Re: Nice one Kev...

Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:14 pm

He is seriously a God. A truck could drive on to the pitch and flatten him, and he'd still get up eventually. 11 Kevs in a team would be something special, if lacking in height :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:16 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:He is seriously a God. A truck could drive on to the pitch and flatten him, and he'd still get up eventually. 11 Kevs in a team would be something special, if lacking in height :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

That would only encourage the Kevin McNaughton style of football on the deck. Total football!!!

Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:17 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:He is seriously a God. A truck could drive on to the pitch and flatten him, and he'd still get up eventually. 11 Kevs in a team would be something special, if lacking in height :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Legend in he, I'm not sure how vocal he is but I'm surprised I've never seen him with the armband previously...I could be wrong though? He defo leads by example :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:17 pm

Fair play, he takes a battering every game. Always gets back up and carries on :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:22 pm

My favourite player. When the prima donnas get you down, there's always Super Kev :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:50 pm

Kevin McNaughton
by GLASCOEDBLUE » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:05 pm

If super Kev does not recieve player of the year award this season I will lose faith in football
Last night showed yet again he is the most consistant Player to wear the shirt, and before anybody states that one man does not make a team, you are right, but Kev is our team. Cardiff through and through

Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:55 pm

Never gets the recognition or praise he deserves, always gives 100% and never shits out of a challenge. :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:56 pm

GLASCOEDBLUE wrote:Kevin McNaughton
by GLASCOEDBLUE » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:05 pm

If super Kev does not recieve player of the year award this season I will lose faith in football
Last night showed yet again he is the most consistant Player to wear the shirt, and before anybody states that one man does not make a team, you are right, but Kev is our team. Cardiff through and through

Super Kev got to be player of the year in my opinion :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:56 pm

we would be so much weaker at the back without kev. he's vital to our team - he reads the game so well! :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:57 pm

We all dream of a team of McNaughtons a team of Mcnaughtons an team of McNaughtons
Number 1............ :ayatollah: :ayatollah: