Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

who is the biggest club never to play in prem?

Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:38 am

Has to be us can't think of any1 else even close? We need it big time come on dj get us wat our fans deserve!

Re: who is the biggest club never to play in prem?

Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:41 am

Don't remember Barcelona playing in the prem before. :lol:

Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:29 pm

jackland_bluebird wrote:Don't remember Barcelona playing in the prem before. :lol:

:lol: :lol:

Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:31 pm

Huddersfield are a reasonable size and underrated club. Have Bristol City played in the Premiership before? We are the biggest though, I agree. A few close to us but not as big.

Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:31 pm

did swindon play there ?

Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:43 pm

logger wrote:did swindon play there ?

yeah when paul bodin played for them 93ish

Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:45 pm

but since when have swindon been a big club?

Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:19 pm

paulh_85 wrote:but since when have swindon been a big club?

About 93ish when bodin played for them :lol:

Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:22 pm

PTBluebird85 wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:but since when have swindon been a big club?

About 93ish when bodin played for them :lol:

:lol: Touche! :ayatollah:

Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:05 pm

Yeah us, Bristol City,

Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:12 pm

Brighton have a good catchment area and with a new stadium would be interesting to see what sort of following they could get if they went all the way.

Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:58 pm

was foorest in the prem or did they get relegated before the new format was announced

Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:42 pm

thomas9990 wrote:was foorest in the prem or did they get relegated before the new format was announced

They were in it. I remember their team of Collymore et al. I think they got relegated quickly though. 93-94 maybe?

Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:54 pm

Acrington Stanley. They are well massive :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:24 am

thomas9990 wrote:was foorest in the prem or did they get relegated before the new format was announced

Forest were there...Teddy scored the 1st "live goal" on sky...passed David James.

Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:10 am

trotskie wrote:Has to be us can't think of any1 else even close? We need it big time come on dj get us wat our fans deserve!

Erm, what about Celtic....or Rangers even?!?!

Don't laugh, Joe Ledley obviously thought they had a chance when he signed up....didn't he????

Why else would he have moved north of the border???? I'm sure money didn't come into it!!!!

:ayatollah: :lol: :ayatollah: :lol: :ayatollah: :lol: :ayatollah: :lol: :ayatollah: :lol: :ayatollah: :lol: :ayatollah: :lol: :ayatollah: :lol: :ayatollah: :lol: :ayatollah: :lol:
:lol: :ayatollah: :lol: :ayatollah: :lol: :ayatollah: :lol: :ayatollah: :lol: :ayatollah: :lol: :ayatollah: :lol: :ayatollah: :lol: :ayatollah: :lol: :ayatollah: :lol: :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:13 am

were also the biggest bottlers , i have seen glimpses of that recently coming back on display,
we better sort it out :ayatollah:

we'v only scored more that 2 goals in a game once in 17 matches.

cmon city sort it out , 2-1 tommorow ? reasonable prediction

Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:20 am

Cardiff City. :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:55 pm

Midfield general wrote:Cant believe how young some of you are if you cant remember Notts Forest or Swindon in the Premiership. :shock:

To be honest it all depends on what you call a 'Big' club. If you are going on silverwear Preston NE cant be far away and if you are going on fan base then us, Plymouth and Bristol City.

I remember Swindon in the prem, especially when they played Man Utd at home and Eric Cantona's stamp on a Swindon player.

Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:12 pm

Clubs in the Champioship that have never played in the Premier League are, Cardiff City, Bristol City, Jacks, Burnley, Millwall, Doncaster, Scunthorpe and Preston. Plymouth are the biggest city in England that has never played in top-flight football, I would say it's got to be us and Bristol City then.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:17 pm

Darlington,Newport County,TNS, :old:

Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:32 pm

definately us :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:38 pm

jackland_bluebird wrote:Don't remember Barcelona playing in the prem before. :lol:

:lol:

Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:38 pm

Cliff Jones wrote:Clubs in the Champioship that have never played in the Premier League are, Cardiff City, Bristol City, Jacks, Burnley, Millwall, Doncaster, Scunthorpe and Preston. Plymouth are the biggest city in England that has never played in top-flight football, I would say it's got to be us and Bristol City then.

Burnley have :?

Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:44 pm

I would say Bristol City myself. Big City and I'm sure they would pull big crowds if theyvhad a new stadium.

On another note, I remember Forest in the Prem. Solskjaer came off the bench in the second half to score four goals. Class game. And who could forget Pierre Van Hoodjonk going on strike :lol:

Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:47 pm

trotskie wrote:Has to be us can't think of any1 else even close? We need it big time come on dj get us wat our fans deserve!

Considering history, the most obvious would seem to be:

- Cardiff City
- Huddersfield Town
- Preston NE
- Bristol City

In terms of current and potential following, Cardiff is the biggest club.

Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:09 pm

Pinster25 wrote:
Cliff Jones wrote:Clubs in the Champioship that have never played in the Premier League are, Cardiff City, Bristol City, Jacks, Burnley, Millwall, Doncaster, Scunthorpe and Preston. Plymouth are the biggest city in England that has never played in top-flight football, I would say it's got to be us and Bristol City then.

Burnley have :?

Wot, u mean last season!!!!!!! Almost forgot about that myself :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:40 pm

PhatFrog wrote:I would say Bristol City myself. Big City and I'm sure they would pull big crowds if theyvhad a new stadium.

On another note, I remember Forest in the Prem. Solskjaer came off the bench in the second half to score four goals. Class game. And who could forget Pierre Van Hoodjonk going on strike :lol:

dont forget bristol city share the city with rovers.

Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:42 pm

bloo wrote:
Midfield general wrote:Cant believe how young some of you are if you cant remember Notts Forest or Swindon in the Premiership. :shock:

To be honest it all depends on what you call a 'Big' club. If you are going on silverwear Preston NE cant be far away and if you are going on fan base then us, Plymouth and Bristol City.

I remember Swindon in the prem, especially when they played Man Utd at home and Eric Cantona's stamp on a Swindon player.

i think swindon might have the record for the most goals conceded in the prem from that season. About 100.