Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WE DONT HAVE COVER FOR CHOPS

Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:40 pm

If Chops is out for a few weeks it could cost us a prem place, as we dont have cover for him .
We know that Jay and Thomas dont work as DJ try that already and from what I have seen of Jay and The beast its not much better. And if you think Rambo could be called back at any time we dont have many ways to turn.Lets face it we need another striker but we are not going to get another chops or any one like him.

Re: WE DONT HAVE COVER FOR CHOPS

Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:43 pm

We have the option of playing Bellamy up front, but I personally don't think he's at his best there.

Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:45 pm

keogh

oh sorry he gone now.........

Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:48 pm

bluebirds23 wrote:keogh

Magennis??? :P

Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:01 pm

Zabier wrote:
bluebirds23 wrote:keogh

Magennis??? :P

Scored for the dandies on Saturday!!!

Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:04 pm

Carl Dale get the fella out of retirement :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:21 pm

We sold his cover to Leeds, Doh
For peanuts!
And we supposed to have kept a bigger squad for this season ? who's kidding who

Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:03 pm

we've now got 2 fit strikers in jay and the beast so surely dj needs to get another striker in on loan as I think bellers is much better when he plays wide left rather than upfront. i wouldn't be suprised tho if dj puts JET up front with jay.

Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:14 pm

Carduff wrote:We sold his cover to Leeds, Doh
For peanuts!

O do you mean that guy who can't get into Leeds first team and yet to score for them?

Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:20 pm

This may sound like a ridiculous suggestion to some of you but i'd thought i'd put it out there anyway. What about putting Burke up front with Bothroyd and putting JET on the right wing?

Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:20 pm

Peely CCFC PT wrote:This may sound like a ridiculous suggestion to some of you but i'd thought i'd put it out there anyway. What about putting Burke up front with Bothroyd and putting JET on the right wing?

because burke cant finish :lol:

Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:21 pm

PhatFrog wrote:
For peanuts!

O do you mean that guy who can't get into Leeds first team and yet to score for them?

:lol: :lol: spot on he still likes his pies by looks of it to

Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:23 pm

bluebirds23 wrote:
PhatFrog wrote:
For peanuts!

pukka pies, mr mccormack does compromise ;)
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:24 pm

Glammy that point had crossed my mind with the few sitters missed the last few games but maybe the one goal, even if it came off his backside, may do him wonders in confidence. He hasn't always been a bad finisher ala last season and has the pace and skill to get passed people.

Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:25 pm

I
bluebirds23 wrote:
PhatFrog wrote:
For peanuts!
And we supposed to have kept a bigger squad for this season ? wo's kidding who

McCormack wouldn't accept being on the bench for us this season, he would've been out drinking and eating if DJ put him on the bench. He's one who would cut his nose off to spite his face. Good riddance to him.

Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:25 pm

can we put bothroyd and parkin up front and put some crosses into the box..

Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:27 pm

jinks/cwm wrote:can we put bothroyd and parkin up front and put some crosses into the box..

we didnt do that bad with them 2 up top on sat

we still created chances with them both playing together :ayatollah:

Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:21 pm

Agree Bellamy is the natural man to take his place but as said we definitely loose out overall as hes at his best on the wing! Same goes for Burke, they are definitely options!

Whats everyone think abut 4-5-1? Changing to 4-3-3 when we attack with the two wide men pushing up to attack? Jose Mourinho prefered style of attacking.

Bellers - Rambo - Oli - Whitts - Jay Emanuel
Bothroyd

Then bring on Burke as an impact sub, and then Parkin for Jay if he's having a tantrum of a game. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:31 pm

ChiChi wrote:Agree Bellamy is the natural man to take his place but as said we definitely loose out overall as hes at his best on the wing! Same goes for Burke, they are definitely options!

Whats everyone think abut 4-5-1? Changing to 4-3-3 when we attack with the two wide men pushing up to attack? Jose Mourinho prefered style of attacking.

Bothroyd

Then bring on Burke as an impact sub, and then Parkin for Jay if he's having a tantrum of a game. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

have to say think that would be a very good suggestion!! way to complex for dj though!!

Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:34 pm

ChiChi wrote:Agree Bellamy is the natural man to take his place but as said we definitely loose out overall as hes at his best on the wing! Same goes for Burke, they are definitely options!

Bothroyd

have to say thats spot on, get on the phone to dj LOL