Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

SEYI OLOFINJANA or ANTHONY GERRARD?

Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:24 pm

which one would you rather have here ??

i no they will come face to face on sat but what one would you rather have in your starting XI ??

i would say Olly because of the fact that we now have a quality central defensive partnership and we need olly to be the big man in midfield.

thoughts???

Re: SEYI OLOFINJANA or ANTHONY GERRARD?

Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:29 pm

What I have seen of Seyi is this , when he was with Wolves he was good yes of course he had his off games, but here at Cardiff in the last 5/6 games he starts great and after about 30mins he goes of the boil , he start given balls away and tries to make run ( which is great ) but he ends up given the ball away.

Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:35 pm

When Oli is played in front of the back four he's fantastic but when he's asked to play right in the centre he's a bit of a pony!

Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:54 pm

glammy74 wrote:which one would you rather have here ??

i no they will come face to face on sat but what one would you rather have in your starting XI ??

i would say Olly because of the fact that we now have a quality central defensive partnership and we need olly to be the big man in midfield.

thoughts???

Some good points here with Oli.Agree with Zabier have to play OLI infront of the back 4.

Welshcitydragon - played well for Wolves- Agree again,remember the evening game City 2-3 Wolves. :roll:
For me Oli was the best player that night.He seemed to be everywhere.
Also the lad with the blond hair had a good game that night...What ever happened to him ;) :ayatollah:

glammy - We need that man to be the big man in midfield,as your post :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:03 am

To be honest, I can't see why we're comparing a Central defender with a Central midfielder! :? :ayatollah:

I personally think that Gerrard is a very good Centre Back, but as he came back from his Summer holidays, having eaten all the Clark's pies he could find in Knotty Ash, Oli is by far the better option! :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:22 am

OLIFINJANA, I LOVE HIM. :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:17 am

I want both! But that's cos I'm greedy. Quinn and Gerrard lining up together? The opposition forwards would be shitting themselves! :lol:

Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:22 am

JonCCFC wrote:OLIFINJANA, I LOVE HIM. :ayatollah:

i love big george too....... :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:39 am

Oli by some distance

Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:03 pm

neither are good enough for them prem. so dont get olly back and sell gerrard

Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:22 pm